Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 24-04-2012, 21:56   #4696
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Well, after what you post about Utd, I would have to see a video of you cheering us on then to believe it
Our English flag sits proudly in our home and although there may be bitter rivalry in domestic competitions when it comes to our teams in Europe l support them totally and without hesitation.
Old 24-04-2012, 21:58   #4697
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Our English flag sits proudly in our home and although there may be bitter rivalry in domestic competitions when it comes to our teams in Europe l support them totally and without hesitation.
Same here.
Old 24-04-2012, 22:01   #4698
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Sensational result for Chelsea and well done from a West Ham fan and his Man Utd supporting eldest. We should all get behind them for the final and hope they bring that cup back to the home of football and stuff it to UEFA!

whoever other than Chelsea that finishes 4th wont be happy if they win the CL.
Old 24-04-2012, 22:03   #4699
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Hey Den, who did you support on May 21 2008 and why?
Old 24-04-2012, 22:08   #4700
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Chelsea may well take their place in next years Champions League at the expense of another team. Would you support Chelsea if their winning meant Liverpool would miss out?

I really don't get the nationalism over club teams. Chelsea are owned by a russian, managed by an italian, and half the team out tonight were not English. Clubs are vastly more international these days.
Old 24-04-2012, 22:09   #4701
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
I think I can guess!
Old 24-04-2012, 22:22   #4702
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

It sounded like Neville had an orgasm when Torres rounded the keeper at the end!

Well done Chelsea. They should be happy Terry is out of the final, he wont be around to try and take the glory and **** it up again.
Old 24-04-2012, 22:46   #4703
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
It sounded like Neville had an orgasm when Torres rounded the keeper at the end!

Well done Chelsea. They should be happy Terry is out of the final, he wont be around to try and take the glory and **** it up again.
I think he thought Torres was going to fall over and muck it up then he stayed up and got the goal
Old 25-04-2012, 03:22   #4704
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I was impressed, they fought well, and disagree with the comments about anti-football. They played their game as best they could, and showed that Barcelona's defence was its weak point.

I can't predict tonight either. I had thought an all Spanish final was a certainty, but now it could be Germany vs England final
Old 25-04-2012, 05:52   #4705
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Thank you for your kind question Julian and the answer to your question is l supported Chelsea for the simple reason is that my brother supports them so its not advisable to upset ones brother is it.
Old 25-04-2012, 09:38   #4706
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Even as a Chelsea fan I am glad Terry is not going to play in the final. Yes he's been an awesome defender (albeit not as good as he was), but I can never forgive him kissing his badge BEFORE missing THAT penalty. I feel really sorry for Ivanovic though, he's been one of the key players for us and he really deserved to be playing in the final.

When Torres got the ball I just wanted him to run to the corner flag and just wait there for 2 mins while everyone else caught up! But he's deserved that goal too after all the stick he's had.
Old 25-04-2012, 12:36   #4707
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I can't predict tonight either. I had thought an all Spanish final was a certainty, but now it could be Germany vs England final
I'd go for Real v Chelsea. Jose will be fired up even more so tonight after seeing Chelsea reach the final.
Old 25-04-2012, 12:42   #4708
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Incidentally if Chelsea win the Champions League they get automatic qualification for the group stages of the Champions League, the top three in the Premier League will continue to get automatic qualification as well. Therefore there would be no qualification round for the English teams this year.
Old 25-04-2012, 15:45   #4709
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I thought that noise was the death throes of a nearby Spanish commentator..

As for John Terry, well I feel his crass stupidity sums up a lot of what's wrong with so many of our players whose inflated egos are bigger and more important than the game, their clubs and the fans who pay their bloated wages in one way or another. I'd like to think he'd (and his peers) learn something by missing out on the final but expect he'll find a way to convince himself that he wasn't really responsible for a senseless and wholly unprofessional act which should have cost his team the game. Sadly, I doubt anything will change on the pitch however.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I was impressed, they fought well, and disagree with the comments about anti-football. They played their game as best they could, and showed that Barcelona's defence was its weak point.

Let's just hope it doesn't go to penalties then...
Old 25-04-2012, 16:22   #4710
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

Let's just hope it doesn't go to penalties then...
It's ok - Terry won't be around to take one
Closed Thread