Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2012, 13:11   #451
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Just seen this over on DS Forums.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...81&postcount=1

NOTE: I was not told any dates on when Premier Sports will be announced.
Well we should know by the end of the week hopefully and l am hoping that Virgin will put it on the XL pack.
Old 18-01-2012, 13:13   #452
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

If using any of my posts on other web site can you post ''Media Boy is reporting''. Thank you.
No surprise there who posted it.
Old 18-01-2012, 13:18   #453
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
No surprise there who posted it.
Yes in clear High Definition.
Old 18-01-2012, 13:19   #454
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:

If using any of my posts on other web site can you post ''Media Boy is reporting''. Thank you.
You do realise that's just HD Boy quoting a post from this thread, right?
Old 18-01-2012, 13:22   #455
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I also do not think PS will be in the XL pack.

However let me paint you a picture....

If (A big if) it does go in the XL pack then the timing is pretty bad. By this I mean that the annual price review/increase in April is only just round the corner and if they put £2 or £3 on top of XL TV then the blame is going to be put on this deal. As said previously, it is a niche channel and unfortuantely those that have no interest in it will just kick up a stink.

Yes, VM have also added other channels in the last year or so but I believe they are under a bit of pressure when it comes to pricing this year especially after Sky's marketing campaign last year that TV prices were frozen until August 2012.
Old 18-01-2012, 13:47   #456
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I also do not think PS will be in the XL pack.

However let me paint you a picture....

If (A big if) it does go in the XL pack then the timing is pretty bad. By this I mean that the annual price review/increase in April is only just round the corner and if they put £2 or £3 on top of XL TV then the blame is going to be put on this deal. As said previously, it is a niche channel and unfortuantely those that have no interest in it will just kick up a stink.

Yes, VM have also added other channels in the last year or so but I believe they are under a bit of pressure when it comes to pricing this year especially after Sky's marketing campaign last year that TV prices were frozen until August 2012.
They are frozen to until August 31st (Info from Sky web site - I seen it last night).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-01-2012, 13:56   #457
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Just to throw another idea into this topic- It will be very interesting to see if the new sat. platform Real Digital TV have any plans to offer Premier sports in their `pay` channels,won`t it? As far as I know they`ve only announced sky sports 1 and 2 so far but have said more will follow. Now if they were to offer it at a lower price than sky`s £7.99 they might be onto a winner. They`ve already said they aim to be the cheapest on the market for sky sports,so you never know.
Old 18-01-2012, 14:23   #458
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

NMA: ITV to drop red-button services.

ITV is dropping its red-button services as it prepares to increase focus on alternative interactive platforms including connected TVs.

http://www.nma.co.uk/news/itv-to-dro...032393.article
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-01-2012, 14:29   #459
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

ITV is dropping its red-button services as it prepares to increase focus on alternative interactive platforms including connected TVs.

Its not a big loss for me i dont use it anyway so not that bothered.
Old 18-01-2012, 14:36   #460
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

To me ITV red-button services were very feeble in comparison to BBC and Sky's interactive services so it won't be a great loss.
Old 18-01-2012, 14:43   #461
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Perhaps an ITV App for Tivo may come?
Old 18-01-2012, 14:45   #462
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Perhaps an ITV App for Tivo may come?
Yes you may be right with that assumption Paul.
Old 18-01-2012, 15:47   #463
Jameseh

What were there red button services? I've never seen anything except a shortcut to ITV Player.

Old 18-01-2012, 16:04   #464
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
What were there red button services? I've never seen anything except a shortcut to ITV Player.
Voting on programmes and some games I think
Old 18-01-2012, 17:12   #465
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:

So they are going after a much smaller market, as pretty much all DTVs and STBs (except TIVO) have the red button function
Closed Thread