Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 03-12-2011, 13:09   #451
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

its from finland i think not germany
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2011, 13:19   #452
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
its from finland i think not germany
Your right. I'm confussed because it's a Sauerland event. I just assumed it was from Germany, even though I've been reading and watching the pre-fight hype from Finland

Just noticed Brandon Rios failed to make weight for his fight against John Murray and has been stripped of the world title. The fight will go ahead, as long as Rios doesn't put too much weight back on. Only Murray can win the belt. Murray was a clear underdog for this fight however pictures of Rios from the weigh-in are just scary. I think Murray will stop him. I wonder what the latest odds are?

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 13:31   #453
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

chad ive got a question u might be able to answer thats been bugging me for ages. every fight from america and other shows over that way there is a black guy with goatie beard do you know who he is? on almost every show ive seen(looks like winky wright) cheers
Old 03-12-2011, 13:39   #454
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The fight is tonight. The broadcast starts at 7pm from Germany, it's going to be a long one!
*slaps forehead*

See, this is part of why I have TiVo... not great at remembering schedules, or being there even if I do.

Still, you have to give us the skinny the day after if you have the time... I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on this one.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 13:40   #455
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
chad ive got a question u might be able to answer thats been bugging me for ages. every fight from america and other shows over that way there is a black guy with goatie beard do you know who he is? on almost every show ive seen(looks like winky wright) cheers
Have you ever seen him fight, or does he just linger about in the ring before and after big fights?

On a separate matter, I've just been reading rumours that Brandon Rios has not eaten for 5 days! A final weigh-in will take place in 30 minutes time to decide whether his fight with Murray goes ahead tonight. I hope it does, John Murray could easily walk away with the world title.
Old 03-12-2011, 13:46   #456
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
So if everyone is getting BoxNation free just now how would I know if the channel hasn't been successfully added to my package? What I mean is as far as I'm concerned I'm fully subscribed. I would hate it if on Saturday the channel went off air just before the fight for all non-subscribed customers, and it's only at this point I learn the channel hasn't been successfully added to my package and the screen goes blank. I've got family and friends coming round to watch the fight on Saturday and I seriously don't need any hassle, stress or last minute calls to Virgin trying to resolve the problem. This of course would be the worst case scenario, but it could happen.

Can someone from Virgin clarify what is going on please?
It is now encrypted, so you should be able to check if your subscribed or not by tuning in to see if you can view it.

Yourself and other boxing fans may be interested in the film "The Fight Of Their Lives" this Monday. It airs at 10.35pm on ITV1.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 14:38   #457
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It is now encrypted, so you should be able to check if your subscribed or not by tuning in to see if you can view it.

Yourself and other boxing fans may be interested in the film "The Fight Of Their Lives" this Monday. It airs at 10.35pm on ITV1.
BoxNation appears to have been added to my package. The fight Of Their Lives will be unmissable Richard. It's a programme even non-boxing fans should try and catch.

cheers for the info.

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Quote:

Is it one of the guys in the background of this picture?
Old 03-12-2011, 16:12   #458
thatllbeme
Inactive

yeh the guy to the left behind the interviewer. the 2 younger ones look like younger versions of the guy on the right so i thinking that hes their dad. who are they they just seem to hang around the ring on loads of fights
Old 03-12-2011, 18:06   #459
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

I was going to sign up to this channel tonight, but they said it could take unto 24hrs to activate, Why? I could not take the risk in missing the big fight, so decided not to sign up
Old 03-12-2011, 18:15   #460
thatllbeme
Inactive

mine said would take 2 hours but apparently the freeview didnt go off when i was supposed to so it might have taken longer
Old 03-12-2011, 18:44   #461
Wire Man
cf.member

Services: tvxl tivo/v+ bbl phonem
Wire Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
I was going to sign up to this channel tonight, but they said it could take unto 24hrs to activate, Why? I could not take the risk in missing the big fight, so decided not to sign up
I took it up last night and it was on within 20mins but they only said half a hour to me. I phoned twice yesterday in the morning i spoke to the uk and they could not set it up for me and said they would phone back (they never did). And then i got through to India late on and they sorted it no trouble??? Maybe try again see what they say this time?
Wire Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 18:55   #462
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
I took it up last night and it was on within 20mins but they only said half a hour to me. I phoned twice yesterday in the morning i spoke to the uk and they could not set it up for me and said they would phone back (they never did). And then i got through to India late on and they sorted it no trouble??? Maybe try again see what they say this time?
I got through to India and he said it could take between 2 to 24hrs, I cannot understand why it would possibly take that long in the 21st century!
Old 03-12-2011, 18:57   #463
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I got through to India and he said it could take between 2 to 24hrs, I cannot understand why it would possibly take that long in the 21st century!
It should not take much longer then a hour in my experience.
Old 03-12-2011, 19:07   #464
Wire Man
cf.member

Services: tvxl tivo/v+ bbl phonem
Wire Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Gutted for you mate, I dont know what I would do in your situation, probably book it and take my chances? If your lucks out there is always x-factor
Wire Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 19:12   #465
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It usual takes about 1 hour or less.

When i added Sky Sports a while back it took 30 mins.
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote