Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The (stupidity of the) Metal Gear Online Beta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The (stupidity of the) Metal Gear Online Beta

Old 26-04-2008, 21:27   #31
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads
Re: The (stupidity of the) Metal Gear Online Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Lol I have to agree m8. Maybe I was expecting to much. Its hard for any of these type of games to live upto COD4 tbh now. Although its diffrent I know its similair to if that makes sense lol. Still really looking forward to MGS4 but I dont think I shall be shedding out on MGS:online.

Is it Tuesday yet ? lol
Lol!

To me it was a pretty similar style of gameplay to what MGS:3 was. Only the online aspect was included with 4(beta). Think I will give this one a miss.

Roll on Tuesday!
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2008, 01:49   #32
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Lol!

To me it was a pretty similar style of gameplay to what MGS:3 was. Only the online aspect was included with 4(beta). Think I will give this one a miss.

Roll on Tuesday!
Do you mean MGS 4 ? If so well I think you will be missing out my friend. I dont know for sure but I do know from the MGS games I have played upto now the storey has been a big selling point for them (and me). I hope the Online beta has not put you off the actual game itself. Dont forget MGS4 and MGS:Online are 2 diffrent games really.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 03:35   #33
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Services: VM XL BB (20meg)
KungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to KungFuKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
I know you said 10pm Kitty but it looks like its actually gone live now
Mhm they went up earlier than planned although i totally agree with the both of you... what a let down Was waitin' and info gathering on that beta for awhile too, jeez.
MGS4 will be brilliant, no doubt about it. Hopefully they'll iron out the MGO portion some more after this beta, the controls felt very constained, the aim/crosshair was poor unless in fps mode.. which you don't have much time to do as they put in "Auto Aim" seriously wth!?
Anyway amen to roll on Tuesday!! Been waiting on GTA4 for a LONG time now and followed the production / reviews on it VERY closely and tbh it just gets better and better
I've got my special edition pre-ordered off Amazon and just hoping like hell i get it on the day IGN have done a video review which is the only in-game footage i've allowed myself to watch... and... wow
Ok i won't go on i know this is the MGO thread, i'm just really excited
~ Kitty x
KungFuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 14:20   #34
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Lol Kitty am sure any1 into games would understand. God I hope my copy turns up tomorrow. Got the email saying it was dispatched this morning. Anyway back on topic here some info on MGS:O. Seem theres a new map and new game type plus snake is playable in the update. Sounds intresting. Until tomorrow that is lol.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/28/...map-game-mode/

Quote:
So by now you probably know your way around Blood Bath and Gronznyj Grad like the back of your hand and you're starting to want more from your Metal Gear Online experience. The European beta has now been updated with a third map and a new gameplay mode. The new map, Midtown Maelstrom, is a medium size level set on the street of a war-stricken town. Hence the name.

As for the new gameplay mode, we expect the Sneaking Mission to be incredibly popular for the sole reason that Snake is a playable character. One player takes on his role, complete with OctoCamo, Solid Eye and other handy items (how does he carry so much stuff while sneaking around?). The aim is to move silently around the map trying to collect dog tags by defeating other players. If more than ten people are playing then another player takes the role of Metal Gear Mk II in order to help out Snake. Meanwhile two teams battle it out as usual.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote