Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2011, 11:35   #4456
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
It really has changed the way I watch TV .. Not watched live TV since having it,
You didn't need to wait for TIVO for PVR functionality. I haven't watched live TV for years.

TIVO is definitely the cream of the PVR crop though.
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2011, 12:01   #4457
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
That is very true DF! Do you mean to say that Tivo is causing a stir on this forum - I hadn't noticed!
ha ha
Old 15-03-2011, 12:23   #4458
ronnie_m
Inactive

Services: Tivo on VIP50
ronnie_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Just waiting for my install this afternoon. Will post later once installed
Old 15-03-2011, 12:28   #4459
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a recording fail yesterday. Bang goes the theory. It says in recording hiccups that it wasn't recorded as it had fallen foul of the 28 day rule as I have the episode already on my box. Despite the fact it was a premier with the "new" tag. The only Bang Goes the Theory I had was the winter special from Saturday (which it think's was first shown in 1/1/2000). I've had to manually set the repeat later in the week cos the series link just doesn't want to know about last night's episode. :lol:

I guess the question is will all this EPG data come good on 1st April, or is it a work in progress to improve it until then ? Cos as it stands at the moment I'm finding problem almost daily.
Old 15-03-2011, 12:54   #4460
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl.wotcha View Post
Had a recording fail yesterday. Bang goes the theory. It says in recording hiccups that it wasn't recorded as it had fallen foul of the 28 day rule as I have the episode already on my box. Despite the fact it was a premier with the "new" tag. The only Bang Goes the Theory I had was the winter special from Saturday (which it think's was first shown in 1/1/2000). I've had to manually set the repeat later in the week cos the series link just doesn't want to know about last night's episode. :lol:

I guess the question is will all this EPG data come good on 1st April, or is it a work in progress to improve it until then ? Cos as it stands at the moment I'm finding problem almost daily.
Did you have the series link set to New or New and Reruns?

It's best to use New and Reruns at the moment. All my series links are set to that have not had any duplicates recorded at all.
Old 15-03-2011, 13:01   #4461
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

I think that is a bug so use "New and Reruns" for now as a "work around" as suggested.
Old 15-03-2011, 14:09   #4462
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Hi, can anyone confirm for us lot who have not had phonecalls or raffle tickets or remotes in the post, or who are series1 tivo owners whether we will have to pay the £40 install fee?
Old 15-03-2011, 14:30   #4463
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
Hi, can anyone confirm for us lot who have not had phonecalls or raffle tickets or remotes in the post, or who are series1 tivo owners whether we will have to pay the £40 install fee?
you will be emailed within the next 2 weeks, this will confirm the costings to you.

AFAIK you will have to pay install.
Old 15-03-2011, 14:42   #4464
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

AFAIK you will have to pay install.
Look out for the forum being flooded with complaints then, and quite rightly so in my view.

Non prize/raffle winers have got it for 149 with no instal charge. Why should we pay more?
Old 15-03-2011, 14:44   #4465
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Non prize/raffle winers have got it for 149 with no instal charge. Why should we pay more?
Everyone not part of the draws should be having to pay £40 install unless they qualify for free install due to other services they are taking out.
Old 15-03-2011, 14:54   #4466
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Everyone not part of the draws should be having to pay £40 install unless they qualify for free install due to other services they are taking out.
In my browsing through the various forums, I've seen people posting that they've just had to pay 149.

If all non prize winners have to pay for install, then that's fair enough, but that doesnt seem to be the case.
Old 15-03-2011, 15:21   #4467
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I must hjave missed something in the droves of pages in this thread. When has the install dropped from £149 to £40?

and re reading that unless they qualify for free install due to other services they are taking out I hope that means VIP is free install
Old 15-03-2011, 15:26   #4468
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
I must hjave missed something in the droves of pages in this thread. When has the install dropped from £149 to £40?
It hasn't. The £149 is the up-front fee for the TiVo and the £40 is the installation fee that has been waived for some customers.
Old 15-03-2011, 15:32   #4469
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
It hasn't. The £149 is the up-front fee for the TiVo and the £40 is the installation fee that has been waived for some customers.
so is everyone getting charged the £149 then? V+ is looking good for the time being

thanks for the reply.
Old 15-03-2011, 15:42   #4470
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Did you have the series link set to New or New and Reruns?

It's best to use New and Reruns at the moment. All my series links are set to that have not had any duplicates recorded at all.
New and reruns.
Closed Thread