Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 13-05-2011, 22:51   #421
Tivo2011
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 / Tivo / V+
Tivo2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Help...
Tivo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2011, 23:09   #422
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Nice packet loss there!
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 23:52   #423
Bullstein
Inactive

Bullstein is an unknown quantity at this point

jesus !!!!!
Bullstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 07:00   #424
Tivo2011
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 / Tivo / V+
Tivo2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that bad? My Tivo was also complaining about lack of network...I could not get through to support - Arrrrrhhhhhh that music!

As always, things look so much better in the morning
Tivo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 08:11   #425
Bullstein
Inactive

Yeah m8 SO much better now
Old 14-05-2011, 15:47   #426
slef2003
Inactive

slef2003 is on a distinguished roadslef2003 is on a distinguished road

I called support three times today...1st occasion cut off whilst waiting for support to get back from talking to 2nd line support, 2nd occasion call quality was so bad that we had trouble making each other out and on thethird occasion was told that I had to provide explicit evidence to show that I was having a problem.....but that a broadband quality monitor from thinkbroadband was not acceptable!!

">

Any advice on way forward? I have been suffering from latency issues ever since sooperhub and 50Mb service have been installed. Previous 9 years have been rock solid but now getting latency problems gaming and finding that I am buffering a lot more in youtube etc
slef2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 17:51   #427
Bullstein
Inactive

I get similar problems with gaming. Wish those pesky spiky periods didn't have to occur as I have no problems during the non-spiky periods
Old 14-05-2011, 19:07   #428
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

All my spikes were caused by LAN traffic (the biggest one was when I set unthrottled P2P uploads), or rebooting the router. The modem itself has been nice and steady, even today when a bunch of websites haven't worked (including http://ign.com) presumably because of some problem at the headend in my area.

zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 19:12   #429
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

Mine's pretty appalling today. Not used much either.

Haven't received my SamKnows kit either, all adds up really.
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 21:09   #430
Jonny4911
Inactive

Jonny4911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine's been amazing since the hayes upgrade (and when the finally fixed my upstream channel width)
Okay, there really shouldn't be any tall yellow bits, but what can you expect it's VM, i would call my ping pretty much perfect (bar some slight packetloss, which everyone on the Hayes uBR is having?)

Jonny4911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 07:25   #431
andre321
Inactive

Services: VM 50Mb
andre321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw, now I'm jealous. Here's mine since the upgrade (also Hayes):
andre321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 16:39   #432
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Latest showing the samknows kit doing it thing.

It seems to be having a bit of a fit. So have just rebooted the unit.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 18:19   #433
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Just another glorious day of great service. I don't much care for online gaming, but I'm tempted to try a bit just to take advantage of the low latency, unless of course someone in the house beat me to it.

As a side note, there are over a dozen devices connected to the network. So many and growing that I'm probably going to get a router with gigabit ports on WAN/LAN sides and an unmanaged 16-port 10/100/1000 switch. The connection as it is with four routers (three spurred off the main DIR-615 and acting as switches) is rock solid though, even more so than with the Ambit 250.
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 22:27   #434
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Latest showing the samknows kit doing it thing.

It seems to be having a bit of a fit. So have just rebooted the unit.

Ouch Sirius, it's started getting a wee bit congested there
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 21:48   #435
TheCrow
Inactive

Services: NTL BB 2mb NTL Phone NTL Family Pack TV
TheCrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to TheCrow Send a message via Yahoo to TheCrow

Here is mine...

I sure hope virmin get rid of this new p2p management as gaming at the moment is becoming impossible.

I've not managed to finish a game of BFBC2 due to getting kicked from missing packets.
TheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote