Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2012, 03:07   #406
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Ahhh, but unless you buy the lower resolution passive version, you will probably have to pay a few hundred extra for the glasses, less and less active manufacturers are bundling active glasses with sets to keep price comparisons low.
This TV (currently half price at £500) is on offer with free glasses, free delivery, free stand, Freeview HD, cable tuner*, LED 3D TV with Nectar points too!

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop...=HP1&ID=180412

How much cheaper is it for a non 3D TV version?

I'm not really into sport, but it would be good to catch Eurosport 3 D on VM, just to see what it's like with a linear channel.

*I know I won't get my subscription channels, but, is it technically possible to plug the VM cable directly into the TV from time to time in order to receive the FTA broadcasts?

I would like to do this to have a play with the channels off the EPG eg regional variations and to be able to let this thread know if any channels are testing prior to a possible launch
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2012, 10:28   #407
moowow!
Inactive

moowow! is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Any news on Channel 5 getting HD catchup? I am guessing it is a long shot as not even their Youtube is in HD lol.
Channel 5 used to have HD on demand?
Old 26-04-2012, 10:41   #408
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by moowow! View Post
Channel 5 used to have HD on demand?
They still have in HD catch up.
Old 26-04-2012, 11:36   #409
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sony to close Movies 4 Men 2 next week on Freesat and Sky.

Digital Spy Forum is reporting that Sony will close both Movies 4 Men 2 and Movies 4 Men 2 +1 next Thursday at about 6am and launch Sony Movie Channel from 5.30pm and Sony Movie Channel +1 from 6.30pm next Thursday.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=111

Q: WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS ON HERE WHEN VIRGIN MEDIA DO NOT CARRY THIS CHANNEL?
A: Some Virgin Media viewers have got Freesat or are still USING their old Sky box.

NOTE: I do not know if Sony Movie Channel will broadcast on Freesat.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 26-04-2012, 11:37   #410
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
*I know I won't get my subscription channels, but, is it technically possible to plug the VM cable directly into the TV from time to time in order to receive the FTA broadcasts?
Whether it's technically possible or not, it's against the T&Cs that you will have accepted, plus it risks putting noise on the network which will affect other customers.
Old 26-04-2012, 13:57   #411
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

My research has shown that whether this practice is against VM t&c's is ambiguous and open to interpretation, nevertheless, I wouldn't want to cause any problems for my neighbours. Again, my research about this creating noise on the network shows that opinions vary, which is why I would only do it intermittently for short periods of time.
Old 26-04-2012, 16:10   #412
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

BizAsia: Star UK to make “historical” announcement in May.

Asia media web site ''BizAsia'' is reporting that Star TV UK will be making an historical announcement in the first week of May.

They think it maybe an new Star branded HD channel or Star News is set to rebranded as ABP News.

More info as I find it...

http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/st...ncement-in-may

Info thanks to BizAsia.

Star News is broadcasting on Virgin Channel 802.
Old 26-04-2012, 16:27   #413
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BizAsia: Star UK to make “historical” announcement in May.

Asia media web site ''BizAsia'' is reporting that Star TV UK will be making an historical announcement in the first week of May.

They think it maybe an new Star branded HD channel or Star News is set to rebranded as ABP News.

More info as I find it...

http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/st...ncement-in-may

Info thanks to BizAsia.

Star News is broadcasting on Virgin Channel 802.
Thanks for the heads-up MB.
Old 26-04-2012, 17:51   #414
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sony to close Movies 4 Men 2 next week on Freesat and Sky.

Digital Spy Forum is reporting that Sony will close both Movies 4 Men 2 and Movies 4 Men 2 +1 next Thursday at about 6am and launch Sony Movie Channel from 5.30pm and Sony Movie Channel +1 from 6.30pm next Thursday.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=111

Q: WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS ON HERE WHEN VIRGIN MEDIA DO NOT CARRY THIS CHANNEL?
A: Some Virgin Media viewers have got Freesat or are still USING their old Sky box.

NOTE: I do not know if Sony Movie Channel will broadcast on Freesat.
yes i can say sony moves this on sky epg form next thursday now i got new for all i am leaveing virgin after big row with then on the phone i cart say what it about but i made lot for frends on this forum and after been with cable for30 years it time for me to leave virgin and go to sky . i like to thank Media Boy for beening frend on here and the for the news he posted. i had lot for frends on here thanks hope you get what you what on virgin tv bye my frends ps i will pop on here to see how thing gong so all i got to say this bye ken.
Old 26-04-2012, 18:05   #415
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This TV (currently half price at £500) is on offer with free glasses, free delivery, free stand, Freeview HD, cable tuner*, LED 3D TV with Nectar points too!

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop...=HP1&ID=180412

How much cheaper is it for a non 3D TV version?

I'm not really into sport, but it would be good to catch Eurosport 3 D on VM, just to see what it's like with a linear channel.

I would like to do this to have a play with the channels off the EPG eg regional variations and to be able to let this thread know if any channels are testing prior to a possible launch
That set comes with 1 pair of glasses No you can't plug the cable into the TV, the cable variation is for some local areas in europe where they get their tv like that instead if terestrialy. Like a lot of posts say, the newer models have 3d in at nt really any extra on last years mosels, it's the glasses you can get stung for.
Old 26-04-2012, 19:24   #416
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Remember I think it was when the HD movies launched or soon after that VM trumpeted that they would deliver 80 HD channels Hasn't exactly been a slow trickle of them since then Anyone any idea when they will start to arrive or was it just a load of Jackson Pollocks?
Old 26-04-2012, 19:37   #417
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Remember I think it was when the HD movies launched or soon after that VM trumpeted that they would deliver 80 HD channels Hasn't exactly been a slow trickle of them since then Anyone any idea when they will start to arrive or was it just a load of Jackson Pollocks?
Media Boy or one of his sources might be able to answer this for you Henke but the target of 80 HD channels seems to be light years away at present.
Old 26-04-2012, 19:46   #418
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Media Boy or one of his sources might be able to answer this for you Henke but the target of 80 HD channels seems to be light years away at present.
well we know 1 is coming this year sometime with alibi hd coming
Old 26-04-2012, 19:50   #419
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I forgot when this rumour of the Virgin Media target of 80 HD Channels started (I think the year was late 2010) but I think due the way Virgin is working right - they do not care about their viewers only the £ signs. I cant see that target will happen.
Old 26-04-2012, 19:53   #420
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
well we know 1 is coming this year sometime with alibi hd coming
Yes very true but the train seems to have permanently got stuck at the station still waiting for a departure time to leave.