Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 29-11-2011, 10:52   #391
BoxNation
Inactive

BoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the rough
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIMUTH View Post
whatever happens to boxnation in the future it wont be your fault if it fails chad.virgin and bn couldnt wish for better support...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'll tell you what, £10.00 for multiroom and the fact you only need to keep the channel for 30 days is pretty good. Whilst SKY customers got the channel free for 2 months, it's the Virgin customers who are getting the better deal.

Unfortunately for Boxnation SKY customers are having all sorts of problems adding the service:

http://www.facebook.com/BoxNationTV

I hope they can sort this out shortly as I really want Boxnation to be a success. The more customers the better.

Also the Boxnation site has now been updated. Total overhaul:

http://www.boxnation.tv/
Hi Chad, thanks so much for your messages, we really appreciate the feedback and are taking it all on board. What do you think of the new site btw?
BoxNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2011, 12:43   #392
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxNation View Post
Hi Chad, thanks so much for your messages, we really appreciate the feedback and are taking it all on board. What do you think of the new site btw?
The design of the site is good, it's got a real old school boxing poster feel to it.

One helpful addition would be TV listings showing what is actually on your channel each day. Also confirmation of who you have content deals with, if you are allowed to reveal this info. Finally some info regarding fights coming soon would be great.

Looking forward to this Saturdays action. Hope it's Andy Kerr and Buncey in the studio.

Good luck!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 14:11   #393
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

my free to air is encrypted from wednesday and i wont be joining sky or virgin so i hope you all will keep posting and keep me posted as to the quality of boxnation,,,happy viewing.Terry Marsh was FWs best fighter.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 14:41   #394
dempseyjack
Inactive

Services: Boxnation/sky sports
dempseyjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
The design of the site is good, it's got a real old school boxing poster feel to it.

One helpful addition would be TV listings showing what is actually on your channel each day. Also confirmation of who you have content deals with, if you are allowed to reveal this info. Finally some info regarding fights coming soon would be great.

Looking forward to this Saturdays action. Hope it's Andy Kerr and Buncey in the studio.

Good luck!
hooray got my phone call last night , i agree chadd a tv listings would be great very helpfull , i fell like a big kid waiting for boxnation also a news section would be good , wil there be any 24/7 programs for the cotto fight .
dempseyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 15:41   #395
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempseyjack View Post
hooray got my phone call last night , i agree chadd a tv listings would be great very helpfull , i fell like a big kid waiting for boxnation also a news section would be good , wil there be any 24/7 programs for the cotto fight .
Cotto Vs. Margarito 24/7 would be great! A news section on the site would be a really good idea.
Old 29-11-2011, 15:49   #396
BoxNation
Inactive

BoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks Chad and dempseyjack, I have passed your recommendations onto our site managers for consideration, we're definitely aiming to have a lot more useful information up there soon.

BoxNation
BoxNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 19:58   #397
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxNation View Post
Thanks Chad and dempseyjack, I have passed your recommendations onto our site managers for consideration, we're definitely aiming to have a lot more useful information up there soon.

BoxNation
That's great news. Through time it would be good if the BoxNation website had it's own forum for subscribers and boxing fans to meet up and chat. I know you already have Twitter and Facebook accounts but I feel there could be real value in your own dedicated forum. As you'll already know boxing fans like to chat online before, during and after fights. People watching fights on BoxNation need a place to meet.
Old 29-11-2011, 20:16   #398
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

1. upcoming events
2. tv schedule
3. uk news/world news
4. tickets
5.forum
6.competitions
7. Q&A with buncey and others
8. ? please add anything else you can think of???
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 20:27   #399
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
1. upcoming events
2. tv schedule
3. uk news/world news
4. tickets
5.forum
6.competitions
7. Q&A with buncey and others
8. ? please add anything else you can think of???
I really like the idea of having ticket info available on the site. Maybe BoxNation customers could get a little discount, or first choice of tickets, whenever a Frank Warren or Queensberry Promotion show is announced.

Competitions would be great too. Who doesn't like the chance of winning a freebie? Even if it was just BoxNation T-shirts!

The guys at BoxNation will need to spend all this incoming subscription money on updating and maintaining their website at this rate
Old 29-11-2011, 20:37   #400
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

i registered on the site to win tickets to the groves smith burns katsidis fights and also got my mates to enter,one of my mates won 2 tickets and i was going to go with him but we didnt find out until 8pm on the friday night and i was at work at 8am saturday so it didnt give me any time to sort someone to cover me and i couldnt go so it would be better with a bit of notice(i live just outside middlesbrough)
Old 29-11-2011, 20:40   #401
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
wil there be any 24/7 programs for the cotto fight .
http://www.frankwarren.tv/index.php/...xing-fans.html

"BoxNation will also show two episodes of the multi-award winning HBO 24/7 documentary series that follows both fighters with unparalleled access as they head towards their rematch".

Usually there is 4 episodes to 24/7 however I believe there has only been 3 filmed for Cotto Vs. Margarito II. It would have been great to see all 3 episodes on BoxNation however 2 is better than none!

If you can't wait you can watch plenty, and I mean plenty, of pre-fight hype over on the HBO website:

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/index.html...WkVrAxAgB62xti

I think the first 2 episodes of 24/7 are there too at the moment.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
i registered on the site to win tickets to the groves smith burns katsidis fights and also got my mates to enter,one of my mates won 2 tickets and i was going to go with him but we didnt find out until 8pm on the friday night and i was at work at 8am saturday so it didnt give me any time to sort someone to cover me and i couldnt go so it would be better with a bit of notice(i live just outside middlesbrough)
I think for future competitions BoxNation will need to announce the winners a little earlier in the week to allow people to plan their journey. I watched the Burns Vs. Katsidis with my Dad and 2 brothers at my parents and had a great night. It's not often us Scots have a world champion at anything!
Old 29-11-2011, 20:41   #402
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It's not often us Scots have a world champion at anything!
You can say that again.
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 20:44   #403
thatllbeme
Inactive

do you think burns will fight scott harrison? that would be a big fight up there!i heard the other day watching the limond crolla fight hes been training and sparring with limond,any news on when hes looking to make a comeback?
Old 29-11-2011, 20:45   #404
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
You can say that again.
Ah you've finally been let loose again!

This will be right up your street:

http://www.boxnation.tv/what-is-boxnation/

"Q: Is it available in HD?

Unfortunately it is not currently available in HD, but we are filming all our programming in HD so we are intending to launch an HD service next year."

BoxNation HD is coming in 2012
Old 29-11-2011, 20:54   #405
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ah you've finally been let loose again!

This will be right up your street:

http://www.boxnation.tv/what-is-boxnation/

"Q: Is it available in HD?

Unfortunately it is not currently available in HD, but we are filming all our programming in HD so we are intending to launch an HD service next year."

BoxNation HD is coming in 2012
I wonder if BoxNation HD was part of the deal Virgin Media signed ?
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote