Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2008, 21:34   #3886
Winston Smith
Inactive

Winston Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Thanks to everyone, it will help me in my studies a great deal.

Alexander Hanff
The Law of Human Rights: Second Annual Updating Supplement (Law of Human Rights)
Human Rights in International Relations (Themes in International Relations)

On their way - second one may be a while - coming from a seller rather than direct
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2008, 21:38   #3887
CaptJamieHunter
Inactive

CaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Hey don't blame me...

Breakin the law has to be a good one to cover too
I'm not blaming you. Someone on alt.music.deep-purple wrote something called Spambringer a few years back. If anyone deserves the blame it's him!

Breaking The Law is a definite
Old 17-04-2008, 21:39   #3888
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Thanks everyone my postman is gonna get a workout that's for sure.

Alexander Hanff
Old 17-04-2008, 21:42   #3889
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav View Post
I wonder...is there a link between this Phorm malarky and Berkett's comments on net neutrality?

Is he setting us up for a, "get Phormed and enjoy priority routing for your traffic or opt-out and get to the back of the queue"?

Just idle thinking, that's all...
Snap!
Old 17-04-2008, 21:43   #3890
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJamieHunter View Post
I'm not blaming you. Someone on alt.music.deep-purple wrote something called Spambringer a few years back. If anyone deserves the blame it's him!

Breaking The Law is a definite
"I always feel like somebody's watching me...and I have no privacy."

By Junior
Old 17-04-2008, 21:46   #3891
delturner
Inactive

Services: M Broadband, phone & Mobile
delturner is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

I having read about it in the first PCpro bought in months, I promptly sent an email to VM and joined the forum.

I have checked my browser security and it is set to only accept cookies form sites I vist and promptly deletes them when I close the browser.

A question then who, if anyone, puts the "tracking cookie" on my PC. If it is VM I will have to change my home page. Which will be their loss as I would not be looking at anything they had to offer.
Old 17-04-2008, 21:47   #3892
Winston Smith
Inactive

Massive Attack - Spying Glass:

When you check it them-a use spying glass
They want to know all your business
But some people they always see
They never mind their own business

etc etc.
Old 17-04-2008, 21:51   #3893
CaptJamieHunter
Inactive

CaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enough

If you're a Reddit user, please get on there and add to my points tally for the new page - http://reddit.com/user/captainjamiehunter/
Old 17-04-2008, 21:55   #3894
davidb24v
Inactive

Services: TV (M), Phone (M), Broadband (XXL)
davidb24v is on a distinguished roaddavidb24v is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehTech View Post

As a funny, chilish moment, move your mouse over Kent's pic for a laugh!!

Click HERE
I just get a page with scantily clad young ladies from "Hayling" looking for a date. Fat, old, married men must be in short supply there then

Bugger! I'm being profiled already, aren't I?

Dave
Old 17-04-2008, 21:58   #3895
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb24v View Post
I just get a page with scantily clad young ladies from "Hayling" looking for a date. Fat, old, married men must be in short supply there then

Dave
LOL
Old 17-04-2008, 22:00   #3896
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post
"I always feel like somebody's watching me...and I have no privacy."

By Junior
Rockwell
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 17-04-2008, 22:03   #3897
Winston Smith
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehTech View Post
Hey all!

I have spent since this afternoon making up a pc presentation application on my laptop that I thought I would burn and then send to friends & family and just about anyone I can think of to spread the word on Phorm...
Just one thought - this is presumably aimed at the non-technical?

I don't know about anyone else but if I showed this to my parents they probably wouldn't get beyond the first page.

Anyway of breaking it up with images/video stills/diagrams etc - because other than that it makes all the required points. IMO there is possibly too much text.
Old 17-04-2008, 22:06   #3898
CaptJamieHunter
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb24v View Post

Dave
I'm sure I've seen photos of the second girl in from the left on a laptop I fixed recently... that will be good blackmail material down the pub tomorrow night...
Old 17-04-2008, 22:06   #3899
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Quote:
... as requested I have put together a wish list on Amazon of the books from the reading list given to me by the postgrad Law Dept. at Lancaster University.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/...ndard&x=13&y=9
Think of it as an experiment to test the validity of 'opt in'.

Thanks Alexander. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Pete

Cmon people, still a few books left. Your chance to stick two fingers up to K*nt and show him that people will 'opt in' to something they value...

Alexanders Wish List
Old 17-04-2008, 22:08   #3900
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
OK I have to say I feel a little embarrassed about all these offers of donations, but as requested I have put together a wish list on Amazon of the books from the reading list given to me by the postgrad Law Dept. at Lancaster University.

This list is recommended background reading (should be fun then) for my Masters:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/...ndard&x=13&y=9

It is quite long...

Alexander Hanff
What? No toys for the kids? How selfish
Closed Thread