Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 21:33   #3571
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Tivo 500gb will start to be installed on 11th May, seems a cheap way to get extra pvr.

1 v+ = £49
1 500gb tivo = £49
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2011, 21:35   #3572
brava210
Inactive

Services: Virgin V+,TiVo, BB-10MB Panasonic 50", AE 5.1, Pioneer VSX920 Amp, Harmony One.
brava210 is on a distinguished roadbrava210 is on a distinguished road

Maybe the interaction between certain equipment.

TV's Are A Lottery....
Old 06-05-2011, 21:36   #3573
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Tivo 500gb will start to be installed on 11th May, seems a cheap way to get extra pvr.

1 v+ = £49
2 500gb tivo = £49
2 x 500GB Tivo = 2 x £49.95 = £99.90. The price is per TiVo box

EDIT: Just realised that's not what you meant.

However the whether you can do what you've said or not hasn't been confirmed. As the TiVo box is an HD box, then it's likely the V+ would actually cost £99 as per the current additional HD rules (or the TiVo will cost more)
Old 06-05-2011, 21:38   #3574
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No

2 x 500GB Tivo = 2 x £49.95 = £99.90. The price is per TiVo box
Hit wrong key sorry
Old 06-05-2011, 22:03   #3575
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The fact that some people are finding the picture as good or better than V+ and some finding it worse (me being one) is puzzeling.

I wonder if there is a problem in the Cisco box production and some boxes are not being set up correctly?
I have the same concern about the TiVo remote. I have no problems with it but there are many reports about how directional it is. I can point my remote in any direction, even bouncing it off the opposite wall, and it works the box no problem. If so many others are reporting the opposite there must be a variation in production that has not being picked up by quality control.
Old 06-05-2011, 22:26   #3576
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:

1 v+ = £49
1 500gb tivo = £49
With those numbers who in there right mind would chose a V+ as a new install/upgrade, the only thing I could think of is the £3 monthy charge for TiVo!

Old 06-05-2011, 22:47   #3577
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
With those numbers who in there right mind would chose a V+ as a new install/upgrade, the only thing I could think of is the £3 monthy charge for TiVo!
I seriously doubt they are commissioning anymore V+ boxes. I think once the current stocks run out your V+ will get replaced with a TiVo 500GB one, unless they have a 250GB TiVo in the pipe line(which I doubt)

Regards

John.
Old 06-05-2011, 22:54   #3578
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
I seriously doubt they are commissioning anymore V+ boxes. I think once the current stocks run out your V+ will get replaced with a TiVo 500GB one, unless they have a 250GB TiVo in the pipe line(which I doubt)

Regards

John.
Too true but they have said the V hd box will be able to run the TIVO software so they may start replacing them with these (unless they want to pay the extra for the PVR).

These are just my thoughts?
Old 06-05-2011, 23:11   #3579
jb66
cf.mega poster

Old people can't work TiVo, they can just about manage v+
Old 06-05-2011, 23:14   #3580
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You just need to give them a chance and also a bit of teaching
Old 06-05-2011, 23:20   #3581
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
LOL Reading this thread has me perplexed sometimes , god help me if I ever get one.
Old 06-05-2011, 23:23   #3582
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
LOL Reading this thread has me perplexed sometimes , god help me if I ever get one.
You will need a lot of help
Old 06-05-2011, 23:25   #3583
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Do VM have a patronising employee of the month award?
Old 06-05-2011, 23:30   #3584
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Do VM have a patronising employee of the month award?
Not sure but I am sure we are able to set one up
Old 06-05-2011, 23:36   #3585
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Define old? I'm sure some old people may have issues but my parents (both over 60) had no problem with the S1 Tivo and don't have a problem with the V+ either. Though, of course, I suppose I should add that 60 isn't that old
Closed Thread