Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 23-12-2016, 19:33   #3541
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's what will happen to your email I want to know! Do tell us what they say!

Virgin on the ridiculous!!!
I'll be given a review date in February

It'll get to the last week in January and they'll change that to April. They'll compensate me for my broadband bill that month

It gets to end of march and they'll add 2 months

Repeat x 3 years

Last edited by vincerooney; 23-12-2016 at 19:34. Reason: .
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2016, 21:35   #3542
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

At one time the office of the CEO were an excellent last stage place to get problems resolved after all attempts elsewhere had failed.

Unfortunately, they are now as bad, if not worse, than the frontline staff.

My last major problem was only sorted out after I informally spoke to a senior manager at a social function. It should not have to be like this.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 21:39   #3543
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the rough

Got the V6 installed today, it's lightning quick compared to the old tivo, Netflix and the iplayer load up instantly
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 22:42   #3544
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
At one time the office of the CEO were an excellent last stage place to get problems resolved after all attempts elsewhere had failed.

Unfortunately, they are now as bad, if not worse, than the frontline staff.

My last major problem was only sorted out after I informally spoke to a senior manager at a social function. It should not have to be like this.
You seem disgruntled with Vm, the best course of action is to vote with your feet, i did and it was the best choice for me to do i said bye bye to the circus that is vm.
However make sure you research first i got badly stung by sse who promised the world but delivered very little, i'm now with bt yes a bit more expensive but i rarely have any problems.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 06:36   #3545
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I'm just sick of being told that something has been sorted out, then, when nothing happens, I call back and am made out to be a liar as "there's no notes on the account". Like that's the customers fault!!!

Going to the office of the CEO these days results in a letter that ignores the points made and answers things that weren't asked in and amongst a general non reply.

Everytime a problem appears, they say they will resolve it and I think great, I can sort something else out. But no, it goes on and on and on and on...

They are now ignoring any issues and are trying to say i'm in a new contract.

I categorically stated that I would not accept a new contract until all outstanding issues were resolved. Yes, I have proof should it go to court, but why should customers have to put up with this incompetence and have their time needlessly taken up?

Would you believe that all I want is an email to spell out exactly what my retention deal is so that I can check it and a refund of £10 erroneously applied?

It must have cost more than this in staff time already.

Everytime they sort something out, they do something else wrong and it's like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get the most simplest of matters resolved.

I'm beginning to wonder if under LG CEO complaints are simply sent back down the food chain, but it's their idiotic behaviour that has led to customers having to contact the CEO in the first place!

I think i'l have to contact Trading Standards and/or their regulator if the email that I've just sent doesn't spur them into doing something useful.

I can see myself going for a Freeview PVR, Freesat PVR and streaming services before too long as it's just too much hassle.
Old 24-12-2016, 12:24   #3546
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I'm just sick of being told that something has been sorted out, then, when nothing happens, I call back and am made out to be a liar as "there's no notes on the account". Like that's the customers fault!!!

Going to the office of the CEO these days results in a letter that ignores the points made and answers things that weren't asked in and amongst a general non reply.

Everytime a problem appears, they say they will resolve it and I think great, I can sort something else out. But no, it goes on and on and on and on...

They are now ignoring any issues and are trying to say i'm in a new contract.

I categorically stated that I would not accept a new contract until all outstanding issues were resolved. Yes, I have proof should it go to court, but why should customers have to put up with this incompetence and have their time needlessly taken up?

Would you believe that all I want is an email to spell out exactly what my retention deal is so that I can check it and a refund of £10 erroneously applied?

It must have cost more than this in staff time already.

Everytime they sort something out, they do something else wrong and it's like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get the most simplest of matters resolved.

I'm beginning to wonder if under LG CEO complaints are simply sent back down the food chain, but it's their idiotic behaviour that has led to customers having to contact the CEO in the first place!

I think i'l have to contact Trading Standards and/or their regulator if the email that I've just sent doesn't spur them into doing something useful.

I can see myself going for a Freeview PVR, Freesat PVR and streaming services before too long as it's just too much hassle.
Vote with your feet mate use bts wholesale site or uswitch to see the broadband options available to you and get a android tv box of firetv box and you're sorted.
Old 24-12-2016, 17:39   #3547
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Vote with your feet mate use bts wholesale site or uswitch to see the broadband options available to you and get a android tv box of firetv box and you're sorted.
Thanks, I was thinking of getting an Android TV.
Old 24-12-2016, 19:03   #3548
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

As l understand it from tweets that l am getting. There is a majr tech problem in the West London area.
And its still not fixed.

Its true what people are saying, VM say one thing, and another problem crops up.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 19:53   #3549
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

If you are thinking of going to Freeview + Amazon Video, Netflix and Now TV, A Roku box would be better, as it has access to all three services plus all the main terrestrial catchup services.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 19:55   #3550
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

I am happy to say my services over 20 years have been 99% spot on. On the other hand my daughters who have to deal with BT or Sky have had nothing ,but problems. Daughter 1 was with BT for just over a year and was forever chasing them as her BB never worked,eventually she received a credit, they never did get it working. Fortunately, VM became available to her and she is now with them. Daughter 2 had been with VM for 8 years with few problems, she has recently moved and VM is unavailable. BT are supposed be supplying 72mb infinity. So far in two and a half weeks their super hub disconnects on a regular basis and is getting 27mb when it does work. BT have admitted a fault ,but are having trouble finding where it is.
So to sum up all Co's have issues its how they sort them out that defines them to the customer.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 20:55   #3551
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
If you are thinking of going to Freeview + Amazon Video, Netflix and Now TV, A Roku box would be better, as it has access to all three services plus all the main terrestrial catchup services.
Best to get a box as a smart TV can potentially become out of date or slow whilst a Roku or Android box/stick can be cheaply replaced with a newer model.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 22:39   #3552
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I am happy to say my services over 20 years have been 99% spot on. On the other hand my daughters who have to deal with BT or Sky have had nothing ,but problems. Daughter 1 was with BT for just over a year and was forever chasing them as her BB never worked,eventually she received a credit, they never did get it working. Fortunately, VM became available to her and she is now with them. Daughter 2 had been with VM for 8 years with few problems, she has recently moved and VM is unavailable. BT are supposed be supplying 72mb infinity. So far in two and a half weeks their super hub disconnects on a regular basis and is getting 27mb when it does work. BT have admitted a fault ,but are having trouble finding where it is.
So to sum up all Co's have issues its how they sort them out that defines them to the customer.
The new superhub (bt) is a pile kf junk, if your daughter can try to get the home hub 5 it is one of the best routers i have used only beaten by my own router a tplink.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Best to get a box as a smart TV can potentially become out of date or slow whilst a Roku or Android box/stick can be cheaply replaced with a newer model.
Windows tv box is probally the best now, i'm buying one early next year so will post my thoughts once i get it and have used it for a few days.
Old 25-12-2016, 08:49   #3553
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

What's wrong with the superhub?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2016, 23:06   #3554
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
The new superhub (bt) is a pile kf junk, if your daughter can try to get the home hub 5 it is one of the best routers i have used only beaten by my own router a tplink.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

THe problem is the BT home hub will not maintain a connection, it keeps restarting over and over. She gave up this morning and turned it off before coming here for dinner,
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 11:08   #3555
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
THe problem is the BT home hub will not maintain a connection, it keeps restarting over and over. She gave up this morning and turned it off before coming here for dinner,
Oh, right! That probably makes VM the best broadband provider, as I thought!

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Quote:
Wherever you go, it will be a downgrade, Richard, as long as you accept this.

Sky is the only place to go to maintain or exceed your TV choice selection and any broadband provider other than Virgin will be inferior.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote