Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 25-11-2011, 20:03   #331
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I must admit KOTV is not exactly an excellent programme but it does deliver action and news for boxing fans who only have terrestrial TV. I did catch the best KO's of 2011 on ESPN last week. The KO at the end of the show from 2007 was epic! As for Tyson Fury on Channel 5 I totally agree that a KO is coming his way real soon. Don't be surprised to see Mick Hennessey either trying to land more talent or trying to quickly push Kid Galahad and Chris Eubank Jr. to chief support and main event status.

There is live action tonight on Eurosport. It's small hall action from England from 8pm I think. Worth a watch, could be interesting.
I definitely won't be surprised at anything Mick Hennessey say's/does especially after the comment he came out with during Fury's post fight interview about the 1st 3 rounds being on par if not better than the epic Hagler v Hearns fight way back in the 80's. And correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I recall him saying that we all know Eubank jnr is the best middleweight there is. He did mean in the UK though surely but even so he's still only ranked at 32,

Not sure what I'm doing around 8pm tonight so I'll stick that Eurosport boxing on record just to make sure.

PS...Yes that KO at the end from 2007 must have been saved purposely for the end of the show because like you said it was epic.
Rivva is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2011, 20:16   #332
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I must admit KOTV is not exactly an excellent programme but it does deliver action and news for boxing fans who only have terrestrial TV.
I like it enough to have it on series link. But if I got the paid sports channels I'd probably value it less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIMUTH View Post
lebedev fight on now,,,,for about the 10th time.cleverly fight been shown at least 10times.all the past boxnation cards are repeated times many.quantity but not much quality up to present time.
See that's what puts me off... paying £10 for the same recycled footage over and over. I wouldn't mind if it were Classic Bouts and we saw some of the legendary fights (there are plenty of great ones in the 50s-90s archives) but not the same fight from a few months ago on loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
I definitely won't be surprised at anything Mick Hennessey say's/does especially after the comment he came out with during Fury's post fight interview about the 1st 3 rounds being on par if not better than the epic Hagler v Hearns fight way back in the 80's. And correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I recall him saying that we all know Eubank jnr is the best middleweight there is. He did mean in the UK though surely but even so he's still only ranked at 32,
Maybe he's just shilling weaker fights to make viewers feel they're getting their moneys worth?
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 22:11   #333
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I don't think l will be getting the channel, £10.00 per month is too much, it cannot guarantee big fights all the time.

It will be the same, you will have top fights for the first couple of months and then bingo, l have been a big boxing fan for years, but there isn't a big British boxer out there today.

Khan is over rated and always gets easy fights and that is why he wins so many, l might be critical, but when was the last time we had a big boxer in this country.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 22:50   #334
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

real diehard boxing fans will pay
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 23:29   #335
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I don't think l will be getting the channel, £10.00 per month is too much, it cannot guarantee big fights all the time.

It will be the same, you will have top fights for the first couple of months and then bingo, l have been a big boxing fan for years, but there isn't a big British boxer out there today.

Khan is over rated and always gets easy fights and that is why he wins so many, l might be critical, but when was the last time we had a big boxer in this country.
To some/most people £10 may be a fair price but obviously to you Arthur It's a bit too much. And regarding not having big fights on all the time well nothing's guaranteed nowadays is it...

However if you do decide to subscribe why not have the channel on record all/most of the time then that way you can fast forward the one's you don't think are worth watching but when you hit on a top quality bout (because there's bound to be some) just sit back and enjoy..

That would be my theory anyway if I were to subscribe.
Rivva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 12:12   #336
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Well not for the first time I've been let down by Virgin. I requested my callback to subscribe to Boxnation between 9am and 12pm today and as expected I received no call. I chose today between 9 and 12 for a reason, it's the only time of the week I know 100%for sure I'll be at home ready to answer the phone.

Now I suppose I could reschedule my call for next Saturday at the same time but I'm concerned for 2 reasons. First of all what if the call doesn't come again? Secondly the display on channel 546 suggests it might take 24 hours to activate the subscription. With next Saturday being a massive night of boxing on Boxnation why should I run the risk of missing out because of a delay with my channel being activated?

I know Boxnation read this thread so I want them to understand that if this is happening to me, if will undoubtedly be happening to other Virgin customers too. The success of Boxnation will be based on the volume of subscribers, and the longevity of those subscribers keeping the service. Virgin are not helping Boxnation at all.

Personally I hate when someone promises to do something and they don't see it through. I took the time to log my details with Virgin and they haven't had the decency to contact me at all. I know the details I provided are accurate as I kept a screen grab of the info just in case this happened and I had to complain.

Does anyone have a number I can call Virgin on to add Boxnation to my subscription? I am not prepared to request another callback as I have no faith in the callback being received.

Out of interest, has anyone else not received their phonecall at the time and date they requested?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 12:27   #337
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

virgin 08454541111
Old 26-11-2011, 12:43   #338
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

On the EPG Box Nation is not populated from 1/12/11, it is still listing "coming soon".

Is there a launch problem
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 12:47   #339
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Well not for the first time I've been let down by Virgin. I requested my callback to subscribe to Boxnation between 9am and 12pm today and as expected I received no call. I chose today between 9 and 12 for a reason, it's the only time of the week I know 100%for sure I'll be at home ready to answer the phone.

Now I suppose I could reschedule my call for next Saturday at the same time but I'm concerned for 2 reasons. First of all what if the call doesn't come again? Secondly the display on channel 546 suggests it might take 24 hours to activate the subscription. With next Saturday being a massive night of boxing on Boxnation why should I run the risk of missing out because of a delay with my channel being activated?

I know Boxnation read this thread so I want them to understand that if this is happening to me, if will undoubtedly be happening to other Virgin customers too. The success of Boxnation will be based on the volume of subscribers, and the longevity of those subscribers keeping the service. Virgin are not helping Boxnation at all.

Personally I hate when someone promises to do something and they don't see it through. I took the time to log my details with Virgin and they haven't had the decency to contact me at all. I know the details I provided are accurate as I kept a screen grab of the info just in case this happened and I had to complain.

Does anyone have a number I can call Virgin on to add Boxnation to my subscription? I am not prepared to request another callback as I have no faith in the callback being received.

Out of interest, has anyone else not received their phonecall at the time and date they requested?
Yes I got mine yesterday afternoon.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 12:57   #340
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I'm sure you can call Customer Care as normal on 150 (0845 454 1111). Sorry you've been missed in the call-backs mate.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
On the EPG Box Nation is not populated from 1/12/11, it is still listing "coming soon".

Is there a launch problem
No problems AFAIK.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 12:57   #341
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
virgin 08454541111
What a waste of 15 minutes that just turned out to be. I spoke to a lovely Indian lady who did try her best but ultimately couldn't really help.

Firstly it took her a few minutes to find out what Boxnation was and when it was due to launch. I was then told the system would not accept her request to add the channel today however she would arrange for something to be flagged on the system to have the channel activated on Thursday. Mmmmm, now I'm not usually a doubting Thomas but in the back of my mind I was already visualizing getting home from work on Thursday and no Boxnation being available.

I advised whilst I appreciate her efforts what I'm really looking for is someone to call me back today, as I requested online, so I can discuss the change in my package and new overall monthly charge. Unfortunately she didn't seem aware at all that people have been registering online for Virgin to call them back. She told me she was sorry as she couldn't arrange a callback.

I thanked the lady for her help but advised I will continue in my efforts to try and get in contact with someone from the team who was actually supposed to phone me this morning.

Not only am I already about not getting my call but I'm also at how difficult it is to speak with someone who actually knows the situation about Boxnation.

Does anyone have a number that will get me through to Virgin in the UK without fail? I really don't want to submit a complaint however I'm wasting a lot of my own time trying to sort this out, especially when Virgin were supposed to be phoning me.

Again some feedback for Boxnation. Whilst I know this problem is being caused by Virgin, not every customer that has to go through this rubbish will be so understanding. There will come a point when other Virgin customers going through this hassle will hold you accountable too. It doesn't reflect well on your name or product.
Old 26-11-2011, 13:20   #342
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

At the moment only pre-registrations are being accepted. Customer Services, whether in India or the UK, can't put the package onto your account until 1st December.

I suggest calling on that day. That way the package will be added while you are on the phone.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 13:25   #343
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
At the moment only pre-registrations are being accepted. Customer Services, whether in India or the UK, can't put the package onto your account until 1st December.

I suggest calling on that day. That way the package will be added while you are on the phone.
I think that's what I'll have to do. A little bit annoying as I am a pre-registered customer.

Anyways thanks for the info and support from Virgin employees on this thread.
Old 26-11-2011, 17:03   #344
thatllbeme
Inactive

some questions i asked on the facebook page have been answered

me-will virgin media customers get the 6 months for 5 offer?
boxnation- I'm afraid not. We actually can't control the pricing on Virgin so we weren't able to secure the 6 for 5 offer.

me-any chance of showing some of the great fights in world boxing over the last 20 or so years barrerra maroles pacquiao gatti corales castilla among others. cheers
boxnation-You'll be glad to know that we will indeed be showing some great old fights as well as the new ones too! Hope you enjoy it...

me-the website could be updated with the times each event starts on tv as at the moment it says every Programme starts @ 18.00(UK time)
boxnation-thanks for the feedback. We're actually about to launch our new website on Monday (fingers crossed!) which we will be able to update more easily. Improving the schedule information is definitely on our list of improvements!
Old 26-11-2011, 17:20   #345
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

After being ignored in various forum threads in which Boxnation are participating, I sent them an email to ask them why the free period and 6 for the price of 5 months wasn't available to VM customers and for details about commercial subscriptions for bars for Sky customers (VM no longer offer commercial TV subscriptions.)

As in the post above, they appeared to be blaming VM for the lack of promotional incentives. I would have thought that, as a stand alone premium channel, Boxnation would have the final say

They went on to say that they didn't know if/when they would be offering commercial subscriptions, that they would have to consult their legal team and left it at that!!!

I have written back asking for confirmation that they will let me know when they have any idea what's happening.

So far, I am inclined not to bother with this channel on a personal or business level.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote