Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 20-12-2016, 09:53   #3391
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

[QUOTE=martyh;35876720]Yous asked who's idea ?
i answered
"It's the idea of all those who think Parliament should have no say and judging by this forum it's the idea of most leavers"

---------- Post added at 06:35 ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post

I did ,i quoted the post you used to incorrectly state that the court cases where trying to reverse Brexit ,which is completely wrong ....post 3225 ,you posted it and you believe it and your past posts confirm it .

i said evidence - not your biased opinion

Once again i will give you the chance to confirm or deny whether you believe the crap you post ,you have the chance here to tell everyone exactly what your thoughts are regarding the various court cases and what you think the government should do .Or you can continue posting inaccurate,alarmist rubbish and confirm what i already suspect
you have dug your self into this hole crawl out with dignity
Old 20-12-2016, 10:14   #3392
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The issue about whether to go back to the country on the terms of our leaving is clearly preposterous. It is clear that the EU don't want us to be allowed to scrap free movement AND remain in the common market. Theresa May is committed to getting the best possible deal for Britain. What is there not to like?

Last edited by OLD BOY; 20-12-2016 at 11:07.
Old 20-12-2016, 10:33   #3393
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I think heero_yuy answers your question for you on behalf of some leavers. I hope he doesn't mind my reusing his wisdom here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Theresa May is committed to getting the best possible deal for Britain. What is there not to like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Maybe because we have such little faith in the liberal, pro-EU elite in actually carrying out the wishes of the electorate?
But to return to my original question. Do you seriously believe that the Article 50 challenge is not about due process but some dastardly conspiracy to prevent the UK leaving?

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Quote:
The issue about whether to go back to the country on the terms of our leaving is clearly preposterous.
Not for another referendum but surely to Parliament?
Old 20-12-2016, 10:35   #3394
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Theresa May is committed to getting the best possible deal for Britain. What is there not to like?
Totally agree:

Theresa May declines to rule out paying EU for single market access
Old 20-12-2016, 10:43   #3395
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think heero_yuy answers your question for you on behalf of some leavers. I hope he doesn't mind my reusing his wisdom here:

hero said "For me there's nothing to negotiate and we stop paying"

no mention of any one else's opinion

But to return to my original question. Do you seriously believe that the Article 50 challenge is not about due process but some dastardly conspiracy to prevent the UK leaving?

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Not for another referendum but surely to Parliament?
Old 20-12-2016, 10:53   #3396
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Referendums and elections are different. A political party gets elected to carry out its mandate. The referendum was a yes/no about remaining or leaving the EU and nothing more. A majority in favour of leave does not automatically mean a majority in favour of ending freedom of movement, leaving the single market, etc..
Only a fool would equate the Brexit referendum with a General Election ...
Old 20-12-2016, 11:15   #3397
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Maybe because we have such little faith in the liberal, pro-EU elite in actually carrying out the wishes of the electorate?

I voted "leave" in full knowledge (see project fear) that it would mean removing EVERY EU tentacle binding this country. For me there's nothing to negotiate and we stop paying. IF the EU wants to make a trade deal with us, then fine, but we should not be grovelling to the EU as so many times before.
Absolutely correct. Having tariff free trade deals, continuing co-operation on security and intelligence, together with protection for British citizens working in the EU and EU citizens working here is all we need. We certainly do not want to be saddled with EU laws, free movement and the sheer bureaucracy of this undemocratic institution called the EU.
Old 20-12-2016, 11:16   #3398
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
So long as you do not misrepresent me. LOL

Quote:

I believe I answered that so to be clear: I believe that all the legal challenges are using pre-texts such as "due process" as a thin veneer to cover a pro-EU stay campaign based on delaying our proper departure until a more EU friendly government (Labour quisling Libelite traitor) is eventually elected that rams us straight back into the EU fold.
Old 20-12-2016, 13:11   #3399
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

Of course it is a conspiracy. The extent of the agreement Theresa May can get with the EU will be put to Parliament. That is all that is required.
Old 20-12-2016, 15:36   #3400
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your views.

Meanwhile, more information about the Government's likely stance has been revealed. "Theresa May has announced for the first time she wants to negotiate a transition deal to help smooth Britain’s EU exit after 2019.
She told MPs on Tuesday there had to be time for the UK and EU economies to adjust and deal with “simple practical matters” such as updating IT systems after the UK’s divorce.
Mrs May insisted Britain could conclude a divorce agreement and forge a new trade deal with the EU within two years of starting exit talks in March 2019."
Google "Theresa May pushes for EU Brexit transition deal" or subscription link at https://www.ft.com/content/7a432a59-...d-5d78c7698fa7
Old 20-12-2016, 15:47   #3401
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
The Prime Minister herself is a "remainer" though that term is now some six months out of date.
It might be the Irish accent, but I'm sure The Bachelors are singing your song: Remoaner
Old 20-12-2016, 16:26   #3402
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Instead, gripped by a fear that verges on paranoia, they see dark plots and dastardly conspiracies in every doorway."
Do you honestly think that there aren't?

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Quote:
I believe that all the legal challenges are using pre-texts such as "due process" as a thin veneer to cover a pro-EU stay campaign based on delaying our proper departure until a more EU friendly government (Labour quisling Libelite traitor) is eventually elected that rams us straight back into the EU fold.
Exactly. Much as Chris said.
Old 20-12-2016, 16:50   #3403
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Do you honestly think that there aren't?.
I honestly think there aren't. You guys should be celebrating success but instead you're unnecessarily worried about absolutely nothing. Where do these crazy ideas come from that make people so defensive and worried? In "opposition" you have Eurosceptic Jeremy Corbyn who was re-elected this year, what bigger Christmas present could you have asked for? That party won't be in power any time soon.
Even if the Government loses the Article 50 challenge (which is likely), Theresa May has promised that her March deadline 2017 will be adhered to. Pour yourself a glass of English ale and celebrate the festive period and stop giving yourself unnecessary things to worry about.
(There will be enough economic matters to worry about in 2017 so make the most of 2016! )

Last edited by 1andrew1; 20-12-2016 at 17:05.
Old 20-12-2016, 17:10   #3404
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I honestly think there aren't. You guys should be celebrating success but instead you're unnecessarily worried about absolutely nothing. Where do these crazy ideas come from that make people so defensive and worried? In "opposition" you have Eurosceptic Jeremy Corbyn who was re-elected this year, what bigger Christmas present could you have asked for? That party won't be in power any time soon.
Even if the Government loses the Article 50 challenge (which is likely), Theresa May has promised that her March deadline 2017 will be adhered to. Pour yourself a glass of English ale and celebrate the festive period and stop giving yourself unnecessary things to worry about.
(There will be enough economic matters to worry about in 2017 so make the most of 2016! )
Contender for post of the year
Old 20-12-2016, 17:26   #3405
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Even if the Government loses the Article 50 challenge (which is likely), Theresa May has promised that her March deadline 2017 will be adhered to.
How can she invoke article 50 if she is legally blocked from doing so?
In addition we have Tony Blair, John Major, Nick Clegg, Tim Farron etc, etc, vowing to do their best to block it and get a second referendum. Then we have the ongoing legal challenge (and others in the pipeline). On top of that we have Soros in the wings who is no doubt pumping money into pro EU pressure groups.
Buy you are right. Nothing to worry about, May has said that her March deadline will be adhered to, so we can all kick back and chill.
Seriously.......some remainers are p*ss*ng on our legs and telling us that it's raining

Last edited by Ramrod; 20-12-2016 at 17:30.
Closed Thread