Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Football talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Football talk
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 21:46   #3361
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: [Merged] Football talk

Aww man this is getting painful

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2005, 21:52   #3362
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
Stand corrected but my comment was aimed at the Premiership years.
You should have said. How's your unbeaten home run going?
Old 10-05-2005, 21:53   #3363
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
You should have said. How's your unbeaten home run going?
It ended tonight

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 10-05-2005, 21:57   #3364
yesman

Absolutely abysmal, outplayed in every area of the pitch.

Ferguson has to be twitching surely ?

Old 10-05-2005, 22:00   #3365
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Some disgusting finishing. Hope SAF enjoys the 05/06 season seeing as it'll be his last as manager.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 10-05-2005, 22:00   #3366
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

Fergie out any one ? Man Shted still the better team ? I think not!!! Liverpool > Chelsea > Man Shted
Old 10-05-2005, 22:05   #3367
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi
Fergie out any one ? Man Shted still the better team ? I think not!!! Liverpool > Chelsea > Man Shted
TigaSefi, when do you start school ?

Old 10-05-2005, 22:06   #3368
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era

they keep rejecting me
Old 10-05-2005, 22:12   #3369
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi
they keep rejecting me

Old 11-05-2005, 00:22   #3370
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Maybe not a drastic fall but looking at Chelsea's young side, endless pit of money and investment in the Academy it may be a sign of things to come. Especially as Arsenal will continue to be there or thereabouts whilst Wenger remains at the helm... and Benitez looks like making moves towards success at Anfield.
Not sure if you meant to do so but you've just backed up my point. Chelsea have an almost unlimited supply of money (and I don't for one moment believe Kenyon when he said the spending stops now) and their team is the best at the momentas will the Chelsea of tomorrow, considering their academy. Arsenal have raised their game and I still think Henry is one of the top 3 strikers in the UK if not europe. So they have improved as have Liverpool, Everton and others. The only top team to not make such advances is United.

So no, our standards have not slipped. Other teams have improved.
I suppose it depends how you look at is. From a purely neutral perspective again, and casting my evident disdain for Ms aside, TBH, I feel that ManU have slipped and the other two have improved... well, not Arsenal really, they've not really spent big have they?

The present Man U team is nowhere near fit to lace the boots of their counterparts from 4-5 years ago. Apart from the players who have stayed, I can't see an obvious improvement.
GK is still a problem position, I honestly feel SAF struck lucky with Peter Schmeichel bearing in mind his predecessors and the awful faff he's had replacing him (Taibi, Howard, Carroll, Bosnich, etc etc) and there's no evidence of a young successor (that said, we've released Barry Roche this week lol).
Defence- I still can't see why Stam was sold. Good as he is Rio is a different type of player and not especially what you need. Heinze and the various young DFs you've had, good as they are, aren't the same either. I honestly feel you've missed the physical presence of Stam... and Laurent Blanc...
As for midfield... Ronaldo's a decent player but again, he's no Beckham- another stupid decision. As for Veron...
Forward is the only area I'd consider comparability. Rooney, Saha, Smith, van Nistelrooy, is as good a front four as Sheringham (former NFFC player ), Solksj*er (grr), Cole and Yorke...

You're definitely not as good as you are... but only now when Arsenal seem to have some self-discipline and some real attacking impetus, and Chelsea have stumbled across an affluent backer, has it become apparent.

And you have a local derby to look forward to with teh Dave Whelan empire next season

Old 11-05-2005, 10:15   #3371
TigaSefi
Inactive

hmm u don't need to spend big money to improve a lot. Look at everton.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:27   #3372
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
d there's no evidence of a young successor (that said, we've released Barry Roche this week lol
What about Luke Steele?

Quote:
Heinze and the various young DFs you've had, good as they are, aren't the same either.
Heinze has been the best left back in the league this season.

Quote:
... and Laurent Blanc...
Blanc was never meant to play the number of games he did. When he was brought Mr Injury Prone was ready for the first team and Blanc was meant to be a kind of mentor, but Mr Injury Prone got injuried and Blanc had to play a lot more games in his place.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:36   #3373
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

I'd have to agree with NFFC, we aren't as good as before.

It's like last night, Chelsea were comfortable after we scored. We just did not look like we could score again.

Midfield needs to gutted and rebuilt, as Keane only has a couple of years left and we don't have a replacement in the wings.

Ronaldo still has a lot to learn.
Old 11-05-2005, 19:07   #3374
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Post Re: [Merged] Football talk

Remember today when you watch the football the 56 lives lost at the Bradford stadium fire

Bradford stadium fire 20th Anniversary
Old 11-05-2005, 19:35   #3375
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quite right, sir_d-a-l - except it was 56 people who died. A shameful incident - we've come a long way since then, thankfully.

Quote:
So no, our standards have not slipped. Other teams have improved.
From the MEN:
Quote:
it was a sad so-called "lap of honour" this time as United's disconsolate troops walked around the pitch after the final whistle, embarrassingly saluting a vast expanse of empty red seats.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
Closed Thread