Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2013, 10:20   #3316
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizuk View Post
I said clique. Not cliché.
Damn l must improve my spelling next time.
Old 24-09-2013, 10:26   #3317
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Even though I have just spent the past hour moaning about such posts, can someone tell me, in simple terms () what the score is with Netflix and lovefilm?

Granted, Netflix is deffo coming soon, but, is it likely the cost of it may be incorporated into XL whilst Lovefilm may be a paid for app ?

Am I then correct in saying that Netflix is more TV Series orientated, and Lovefilm movie based ?
Old 24-09-2013, 10:56   #3318
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
Thanks HowardMicks - fully understand you don't like my opinion, especially when it clashes with yours.

What part of "it was done tongue in cheek" do you struggle with ?

I am a really easy person to get on with, why do you make it difficult for me?

I am very happy you can 100% quantify your sources, but you must admit though, constantly reading that "I know what is going on but cannot tell anyone" is tedious to say the least.
Wasnt getting at you bud,ive never posted i know what is going on but cannot tell you only vm know that all I was privy to in july was what is planned and pretty much what I was told as happened I do get bits of info from others who work for vm but the man in the know as I have said in the past is mb.
can we draw a line on this now please
in response to netflix and lovefilm,there are rumours that we could see it mid october early november now and as for lovefilm no date in regards cost nobody really knows but be very surprised if some sort of cost isnt applied

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Quote:
Even though I have just spent the past hour moaning about such posts, can someone tell me, in simple terms () what the score is with Netflix and lovefilm?

Granted, Netflix is deffo coming soon, but, is it likely the cost of it may be incorporated into XL whilst Lovefilm may be a paid for app ?

Am I then correct in saying that Netflix is more TV Series orientated, and Lovefilm movie based ?
They both the same but netflix is way better,there is a few exclusives on both,may I suggest trying the trial periods and see what you think
Old 24-09-2013, 11:01   #3319
MutleyF
Inactive

MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

No line to draw - and certainly no grudge from me! - let's call it a difference of opinion, which after all is what this forum is all about.

Reason for asking re Netflix is the missus was on about subscribing for the Media TV we have. It may be worth me waiting for a while then to see how things pan out ! I already have a Lovefilm account, but for Discs at home only.

Think I will try the Netflix though as you say, so I can get a feel for it
Old 24-09-2013, 11:15   #3320
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
No line to draw - and certainly no grudge from me! - let's call it a difference of opinion, which after all is what this forum is all about.

Reason for asking re Netflix is the missus was on about subscribing for the Media TV we have. It may be worth me waiting for a while then to see how things pan out ! I already have a Lovefilm account, but for Discs at home only.

Think I will try the Netflix though as you say, so I can get a feel for it
K bud got both lovefilm and netflix and personally far better choice it worth if for breaking bad alone
Old 24-09-2013, 11:33   #3321
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Rumour updates.

-I hear that Disney XD HD is set to launch before Christmas.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 24-09-2013, 11:37   #3322
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Rumour updates.

Oh goody goody one for the kiddies.
Old 24-09-2013, 11:41   #3323
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
As far as l am concerned this is no clique and no forum within a forum and as for the PM system that has always been there for people to use if they want to message another member.

I purposely said 'purely by accident and unintentionally'. People have mentioned recently that they PM people with rumours/information that they don't post on the forum. That has even lead to people asking to be included in that PM list.

This gives the appearance of a sub group of people who become 'in the know' whilst others aren't.

I repeat; this was purely by accident and was unintentional but has lead to the feeling that there is some kind of sub forum, true or not.
Old 24-09-2013, 11:41   #3324
MutleyF
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh goody goody one for the kiddies.
I'm at work, so cannot check, but is there still a holding slate on channel 700 for the new Kids channel, or has it now started broadcasting ?
Old 24-09-2013, 11:43   #3325
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'm at work, so cannot check, but is there still a holding slate on channel 700 for the new Kids channel, or has it now started broadcasting ?
Still got 'Channel coming soon'.
Old 24-09-2013, 11:44   #3326
MutleyF
Inactive

Quote:
Still got 'Channel coming soon'.
ta much - wonder when that will start.
Old 24-09-2013, 11:46   #3327
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I am honestly surprised my dog is now not an insider !
Are you sure that he isn't? I'd listen carefully to the way he barks; it could be code for the Sky Atlantic arrival date!
Old 24-09-2013, 11:51   #3328
MutleyF
Inactive

Good job this is not "coming soon"
Dog TV

Blimey - can't wait for guinea pig TV
Old 24-09-2013, 12:04   #3329
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Rumour updates.

Cheers for info bud nice to hear of another hd channel due to launch
Old 24-09-2013, 12:06   #3330
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Cheers for info bud nice to hear of another hd channel due to launch
Closed Thread