Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 24-11-2011, 16:12   #316
BoxNation
Inactive

BoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the rough
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Hi everyone,

You can now email any specific questions you have about your subscription package to our dedicated BoxNation email address: enquiries@boxnation.co.uk

Thanks for the interest!

BoxNation
BoxNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2011, 22:05   #317
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I've noticed that the FAQ's have been updated on the Boxnation website.

Two interesting updates:

6. Is there a HD offering?
There are plans to develop a HD offering - date to be confirmed.

&

8. What’s the minimum contract length?
The minimum contract is 6 months.

I assume the 6 month contract is for SKY viewers only? I notice SKY viewers get the chance to subscribe for 6 months for the price of 5.

@Boxnation If and when you do launch a HD channel, please try your hardest to bring it to Virgin Media too. We Virgin customers are just as HD daft as the SKY customers!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 00:56   #318
Wire Man
cf.member

Services: tvxl tivo/v+ bbl phonem
Wire Man is an unknown quantity at this point

The one month contract is the selling point for me, with the rugby league being over for another year i will be getting shut of skysports for a couple of months so im happy to try boxnation see how it goes. But a six month contract and there is no chance i would bother! Shame we wont get two months free, as there is only the Cotto/Margarito fight thats worth paying £10 for, still glad its available to us Virgin customers
Wire Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 03:04   #319
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You raise some fair points. I long for another Hagler-Hearns-Leonard or Benn-Eubank-Watson.

Depending on what your TV package is there's still plenty of good boxing out there without Boxnation. Amir Khan and Carl Froch are both on SKY Sports, Eurosport show replays of recent international fights every Tuesday night plus Tyson Fury is on Channel 5 every few months. Oh and ESPN Friday Night Fights returns to ESPN on the 06th January 2012. The shows tend to feature unknown fighters but boy they give it their all. Channel 4 still show KOTV even though it's tucked away at about 3am on a Wednesday morning. I watched it earlier. The main event was highlights from the recent Boxnation broadcast of Nathan Cleverly Vs. Tony Bellew.

Even without Boxnation, boxing is getting some really good TV exposure at the moment. I beleive the last Tyson Fury fight on Channel 5 peaked with an audience of 3.5 million.
Hi Chad

I am on the XL TV Package by the way (not subscribed to any SSC's though) but I do have access to the sports channels = Eurosport - ESPN etc.. I have sometimes stayed up to watch the odd live fight they sometimes show on Eurosport > or it could be ESPN though like you said < usually between 2-4am and must admit there's some quality fighters on show at times. Be curious though to see just what the future holds for them? As for KOTV on Channel 4 you mentioned well I've been recording that on the series link for well over a year now so I don't have to stay up till the early hours. Shame when commentator/voice over Nick Halling left the show but must admit the other bloke who's taken his place is doing a fine job. Don't know if you caught the half hour show of the best KO's of 2011 the other night on ESPN but that was well worth a look. Now just one last thing is when you mentioned Tyson Fury being on channel 5 for the next few months - I'll go for 1 or 2 months at the most then channel 5 will have to find something else to put on because (only my opinion) "and I hope I'm wrong" he's just waiting to be KO'd!

Just one more thing and it's about channel 4's KOTV programme they showed a couple of day's ago. There was a short tribute to Smokin Joe Frazier. He didn't actually say it on the programme but he was renowned for saying that
Boxing was the only sport where -

Ya brains got shook
Ya money got took
And ya name ended up in the Undertakers book

RIP - Smokin Jo Frazier

Regards
Rivva
Rivva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 08:54   #320
dempseyjack
Inactive

Services: Boxnation/sky sports
dempseyjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
Hi Chad

I am on the XL TV Package by the way (not subscribed to any SSC's though) but I do have access to the sports channels = Eurosport - ESPN etc.. I have sometimes stayed up to watch the odd live fight they sometimes show on Eurosport > or it could be ESPN though like you said < usually between 2-4am and must admit there's some quality fighters on show at times. Be curious though to see just what the future holds for them? As for KOTV on Channel 4 you mentioned well I've been recording that on the series link for well over a year now so I don't have to stay up till the early hours. Shame when commentator/voice over Nick Halling left the show but must admit the other bloke who's taken his place is doing a fine job. Don't know if you caught the half hour show of the best KO's of 2011 the other night on ESPN but that was well worth a look. Now just one last thing is when you mentioned Tyson Fury being on channel 5 for the next few months - I'll go for 1 or 2 months at the most then channel 5 will have to find something else to put on because (only my opinion) "and I hope I'm wrong" he's just waiting to be KO'd!

Just one more thing and it's about channel 4's KOTV programme they showed a couple of day's ago. There was a short tribute to Smokin Joe Frazier. He didn't actually say it on the programme but he was renowned for saying that

Ya brains got shook
Ya money got took

RIP - Smokin Jo Frazier

Regards
Rivva
hi , i agree i think tyson fury is an accident waiting to happen , and like you say it will be interesting to see what channel 5 do if/when he does get ko'ed , i cant wait for boxnation all the behind scenes , bunceys boxing hour , etc etc , ive got sky sports , i would love to get rid of them (pricey) , but cant because they are still showing some good fights , it would be great if boxnation worked with matchroom who have a great stable of boxers and prizefighter , and hatton ,and hennessey, we would no longer need sky sports
dempseyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:23   #321
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempseyjack View Post
hi , i agree i think tyson fury is an accident waiting to happen , and like you say it will be interesting to see what channel 5 do if/when he does get ko'ed , i cant wait for boxnation all the behind scenes
Haha yeah... maybe he'll turn out to be the next Audley "Fraudley" Harrison, a warmup punchbag for better pro fighters as they work their way up the ranks!
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:26   #322
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

@ Box Nation, Why did you change your mind and not give VM viewers a chance to "try before they buy", like you did with Sky?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:30   #323
zekeisaszekedoes
Permanently Banned

Services: 30Mb Broadband (XL), 2TB TiVo (M+), Samsung Galaxy Ace (M), POTS Landline (M).
zekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond reputezekeisaszekedoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
@ Box Nation, Why did you change your mind and not give VM viewers a chance to "try before they buy", like you did with Sky?
I guess cos they don't want to give away the big fight on Dec 3th for free!
zekeisaszekedoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:53   #324
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Looking back I believe it was the intention of Box Nation to launch at the same time on Virgin as they did on SKY. Unfortunately it appears negotiations took longer than planned. December was always their prefered month to go live as a subscription channel.

I think we missed out on a Freeview period purely down to prolonged negotiations between Box Nation and Virgin. I noticed that the channel is launching in the Republic of Ireland next week too. Irish customers aren't getting a free period either.

I'm just happy that I can now get access to the channel. I enjoyed many of their recent shows for free via their online stream.
Old 25-11-2011, 13:13   #325
dempseyjack
Inactive

do you think they will show repeats of their other shows , i.e the burns fight , cleverly etc , i hope so .
Old 25-11-2011, 14:27   #326
BoxNation
Inactive

BoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the roughBoxNation is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

Any queries can be posted on our Q&A facebook page - we'll be answering people's questions throughout the day today.

BoxNation
BoxNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 14:40   #327
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Just had the phone call, signed up.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 17:30   #328
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
Hi Chad

Ya brains got shook
Ya money got took

RIP - Smokin Jo Frazier

Regards
Rivva
I must admit KOTV is not exactly an excellent programme but it does deliver action and news for boxing fans who only have terrestrial TV. I did catch the best KO's of 2011 on ESPN last week. The KO at the end of the show from 2007 was epic! As for Tyson Fury on Channel 5 I totally agree that a KO is coming his way real soon. Don't be surprised to see Mick Hennessey either trying to land more talent or trying to quickly push Kid Galahad and Chris Eubank Jr. to chief support and main event status.

There is live action tonight on Eurosport. It's small hall action from England from 8pm I think. Worth a watch, could be interesting.
Old 25-11-2011, 18:04   #329
dempseyjack
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxNation View Post
Hi all,

Any queries can be posted on our Q&A facebook page - we'll be answering people's questions throughout the day today.

BoxNation
hi im not on facebook or twitter , will you be showing repeats of your other shows that were shown live on boxnation , burns etc , i cant wait to get boxnation , driving the misses nuts going on about it.
Old 25-11-2011, 18:45   #330
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempseyjack View Post
do you think they will show repeats of their other shows , i.e the burns fight , cleverly etc , i hope so .
lebedev fight on now,,,,for about the 10th time.cleverly fight been shown at least 10times.all the past boxnation cards are repeated times many.quantity but not much quality up to present time.from what ive seen for free these past 4months i think you all may be disapointed to have to pay £10 for it.it could all improve once frank starts raking your tenners in.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote