Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2012, 10:44   #316
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I have a feeling this is very much a one off from the BBC due to the high profile nature of the event (and some cash from Sky possibly)
I am think that as Sky is getting more and more sports rights they might extend their sports coverage even further like the BBC has done
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2012, 11:10   #317
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Thats very good news and the type we have not heard for some time
[
Thats because you have been away for some time Alan.
Old 19-04-2012, 11:17   #318
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Thats because you have been away for some time Alan.
No, they have been rather lacking in the new/better channels and servcies department
Old 19-04-2012, 12:08   #319
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, sounds like the same rumour that I was told last night. I can't name the source, so deliberately phrased the info loosely, as I am unable to verify it.

I don't believe the DS poster is correct though about his idea that it may just be a change of genre, as this would not free up a SD EPG slot.

I guess it is coming off VM as there wouldn't be enough viewers without the satellite viewers.

Is it FTA on Sky? If so, is it on Freesat?

If it is a pay channel, I suppose they won't stay on VM for similar reasons to Current TV.
That poster works for Sky and his posts are always on the ball - maybe he know something we dont.

But I cant find an link for that story on the Canis Media web site (Web site was last updated in March 2012).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 19-04-2012, 12:10   #320
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
No, they have been rather lacking in the new/better channels and servcies department
Well some people will never be happy about anything.
Old 19-04-2012, 12:48   #321
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Now that the BBC is providing 48 channels for the Olympics, will this set a presedent for future sporting events, like future Olympics or even Football?
I think it's purely down to the Olympics being in London. It's a home event and the BBC are the home broadcaster funded by the people of Britain. I don't think the BBC will offer this level of coverage for future Olympics or World Cups. If anything, the BBC will continue to reduce the amount of sport they cover
Old 19-04-2012, 13:00   #322
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I think it's purely down to the Olympics being in London. It's a home event and the BBC are the home broadcaster funded by the people of Britain. I don't think the BBC will offer this level of coverage for future Olympics or World Cups. If anything, the BBC will continue to reduce the amount of sport they cover
But Sky will continue to increase theirs?
Old 19-04-2012, 13:03   #323
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
But Sky will continue to increase theirs?
Well thats obvious with their bottomless pockets.
Old 19-04-2012, 14:39   #324
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
That poster works for Sky and his posts are always on the ball - maybe he know something we dont.

But I cant find an link for that story on the Canis Media web site (Web site was last updated in March 2012).
It looks like the story is true, doesn't mention anything about what's happening with the channel though.

Found this MB:

http://canismedia.co.uk/a-round-up-o...on-april-2012/
Old 19-04-2012, 16:42   #325
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
It looks like the story is true, doesn't mention anything about what's happening with the channel though.

Found this MB:

http://canismedia.co.uk/a-round-up-o...on-april-2012/
From what l hear through informed sources is that PBS is here to stay in the UK! and they are just thinking about moving to a different EPG slot.
Old 19-04-2012, 16:50   #326
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
From what l hear through informed sources is that PBS is here to stay in the UK! and they are just thinking about moving to a different EPG slot.
Yes they are hoping to move down 1 per the countdown for the Olympics
Old 19-04-2012, 18:48   #327
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Maybe I have work it out (bear with me)

-If Channel 4 buys PBS slot over on Sky for More4 +2 and later 4seven.
-Then as part of the deal PBS take over Channel 4 Slot on Sky Channel 269.

Just an idea as Canis are saying:

Quote:
PBS is moving to docs making room for a new entertainment channel at 166.
http://twitter.com/#!/CanisMedia/sta...94513223036928
Old 19-04-2012, 18:50   #328
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Maybe I have work it out (bear with me)

-If Channel 4 buys PBS slot over on Sky for More4 +2 and later 4seven.
-Then as part of the deal PBS take over Channel 4 Slot on Sky Channel 269.

Just an idea..
Sky Channel 269 is labelled More4+2 now.
Old 19-04-2012, 18:59   #329
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Channel 269 is labelled More4+2 now.
Am I right in thinking that if Channel 4 ask Sky to move More4+2 to beside all the entertainment channels it will end up at Sky Channel 291 just after Sky Arts 2 HD (SD if you have Sky HD in)
Old 19-04-2012, 19:04   #330
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Let's hope that is the case, I don't watch it, but others may do.
Closed Thread