Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 21-11-2016, 22:03   #3121
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
As of today

-4Seven HD is in full testing with live video and EPG information (May even launch by December).
-Fox News Channel is testing in some areas right now.
-Kix just an name has appeared - no live video or EPG information yet.
RE: Amazon Video
Quote:
No new launch date.
4Seven HD & Amazon Video were technically at the same stage of progress in the scans I was given at the end of last week. There are active entries in the Program Association Tables for both channels, with all relevant streams present in the transport stream, technically both should be ready for launch as soon as the agreed launch date arrives.

Fox News and Kix aren't at such an advanced stage. Their video/audio streams are "possibly" present in the non-customer facing networks where the channels are listed in the NIT. It's not possible to confirm anything without access to the previously named DMC/RHE "networks".

Last edited by jj20x; 21-11-2016 at 23:21.
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2016, 23:27   #3122
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-SWITCH View Post
they should move

148. CBS Reality
149. Horror Channel

so that more4HD can go on 148 and more4+1 can go on 149
VM can't just move things around the EPG as they're bound by regulatory, commercial and contractual obligations.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 00:30   #3123
jj20x

Quote:
Now we know why some Box Networks channels was listed as being set to move.

Channel 4 own 50% of Box Network.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...move-some.html
Yes but they were only set to switch their own channels between currently occupied channel numbers, which they should be able to do anyway. I didn't see much sense in the new positions and, realistically, including the moves in a revamp of the whole music channel genre would make more sense. The music section of the EPG has a lot of gaps and looks in need of attention.
Old 22-11-2016, 00:37   #3124
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

An unknown channel has been remove from Total channels in the last hour.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 14:07   #3125
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy Sources say As of today KIX has been removed and KIX POWER appeared instead. No video, no audio, only EPG DATA is present.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 15:35   #3126
jj20x

Quote:
An unknown channel has been remove from Total channels in the last hour.
Quote:
Media Boy Sources say As of today KIX has been removed and KIX POWER appeared instead. No video, no audio, only EPG DATA is present.
Apparently there were quite a few changes overnight, I'm waiting for the actual details which should be sent to me this evening.
Old 22-11-2016, 15:37   #3127
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think that this could be another instance of a channel temporarily rebranding.

IIRC, it's done this before and predominantly shown Power Rangers.
Old 22-11-2016, 15:54   #3128
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think that this could be another instance of a channel temporarily rebranding.

IIRC, it's done this before and predominantly shown Power Rangers.
Kix was removed from its original transport stream and Kix Power appeared on a different one. The new location is usually used for VM service downloads / apps etc, suggesting that Kix Power could be a VOD or IPTV app or just a temporary service. I'll check the details when I receive the SDT analysis later tonight.
Old 22-11-2016, 16:07   #3129
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Channel number changes just announced (effective 29 November):

ID moves from 253 to 170
ID+1 from 254 to 171
DMAX from 170 to 213
DMAX+1 from 171 to 214

Channel 4 +1 moves from 143 to 142
Channel 4 HD from 142 to 141
More 4 HD from 203 to 195
4 Seven EPG from 195 to 143

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/ba-p/3263385
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 16:44   #3130
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Kix was removed from its original transport stream and Kix Power appeared on a different one. The new location is usually used for VM service downloads / apps etc, suggesting that Kix Power could be a VOD or IPTV app or just a temporary service. I'll check the details when I receive the SDT analysis later tonight.
Cheers.

Re: Motors TV going online only.

The new owners have now said that their new HD service will be shown as a linear service on Sky!

Maybe this is because Sky have allowed them back into the Sub Club with their transition to HD??

No word on the arrangements for VM

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/11/n...onfirm-uk.html

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 22-11-2016 at 16:48.
Old 22-11-2016, 16:51   #3131
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Channel number changes just announced (effective 29 November):

ID moves from 253 to 170
ID+1 from 254 to 171
DMAX from 170 to 213
DMAX+1 from 171 to 214

Channel 4 +1 moves from 143 to 142
Channel 4 HD from 142 to 141
More 4 HD from 203 to 195
4 Seven EPG from 195 to 143

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/ba-p/3263385
You're a bit late.

Announced and posted yesterday, see post #3113.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 18:57   #3132
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Cheers.

Re: Motors TV going online only.

The new owners have now said that their new HD service will be shown as a linear service on Sky!

Maybe this is because Sky have allowed them back into the Sub Club with their transition to HD??

No word on the arrangements for VM
The Autosport link you initially posted states: "Motors TV reaches more than 30million homes and has 130 rights agreements and 700 live events."

I thought at that time that the live events are a good fit for a linear channel. I did wonder if the statement that: "Next year, it will transition from traditional linear broadcast to a video on demand service", actually meant that they would be providing the VOD service as well as a linear channel.

Time will tell what happens on VM but I believe that Motors TV was one of the changes last night, although probably unrelated to the change of ownership.
Old 22-11-2016, 19:01   #3133
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

Quote:

they rebrand kix to Kix Power its the same channel

On 22 July 2013 Kix received a spin-off channel, Kix Power, which replaced Pop Girl +1 on Sky.[2] The subsidiary channel broadcast only Power Rangers programming. Kix Power was replaced by a Kix +1 service on 1 October 2013,[citation needed] and this timeshift ran through October and November. Kix Power was then reintroduced at the end of November for a second run, to operate in the run-up to Christmas, with Kix +1 resuming at the start of January 2014. Kix Power will return, again replacing Kix +1 (or Kix +), on an ad-hoc basis around major school holiday periods; the channel will open its third run in early April 2014,[original research?] building up to the Easter break, and for the first time will screen content not related to the Power Rangers franchise:[original research?] a daily online vote will determine the show to be played as a block on Kix Power the following day.[citation needed] On 22 April 2014, Kix +1 relaunched, this time as Kix +. On 14 July 2014, Kix + was closed down and replaced with Pop +1, which closed in 2008 and was replaced with the actual Kix channel. On 27 October 2014, Kix was rebranded as Kix Power for the October half-term. On 1 October 2015, Kix +1 relaunched, replacing Pop Girl. On the 14th June 2016, Kix+1 closed down on Freesat and was replaced with Pop +1[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kix_(U...and_TV_channel)
DJ-SWITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 19:11   #3134
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-SWITCH View Post
they rebrand kix to Kix Power its the same channel
I'm aware of that, my point was that the Kix "test" placeholder has been removed from the transport stream it was on initially, a transport stream generally used for linear channels. The Kix Power "test" placeholder has popped up on a completely different transport stream, which is not generally used for linear channels. More information to follow when I get the details...
Old 22-11-2016, 20:15   #3135
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The Autosport link you initially posted states: "Motors TV reaches more than 30million homes and has 130 rights agreements and 700 live events."

I thought at that time that the live events are a good fit for a linear channel. I did wonder if the statement that: "Next year, it will transition from traditional linear broadcast to a video on demand service", actually meant that they would be providing the VOD service as well as a linear channel.

Time will tell what happens on VM but I believe that Motors TV was one of the changes last night, although probably unrelated to the change of ownership.
Found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott View Post
Motorsport.com have confirmed it'll remain on Sky, but in HD.

http://www.motorsport.com/general/ne...ors-tv-851620/

post from motorsport.com -
"Hi Luke, yes, channels will be broadcast in full HD from March 1st, 2017. Also, we will stay on SKY, while also keep developing our own soon-to-be-launch OTT/SVoD platform."
Can't find where this was posted though.