Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | X Factor: 2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

X Factor: 2010

Old 12-12-2010, 22:22   #286
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: X Factor: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I am a huge Biffyclyro Clyro fan and Matt totally murdered that song. Which is actually called Many Of Horror.

No idea why they changed the title to When We Collide.
If you click the link to my post it is named correctly in that link but X Factor have shortened the name to help it sell better.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35136502-post276.html
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2010, 22:25   #287
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
If you click the link to my post it is named correctly in that link but X Factor have shortened the name to help it sell better.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35136502-post276.html
no offence masque but i think this is a better better performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXmY5iFDoPU
Old 12-12-2010, 22:26   #288
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
no offence masque but i think this is a better better performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXmY5iFDoPU
I did expect a better one to be out there, just couldn't find it.
Old 12-12-2010, 22:26   #289
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
they haven't changed the title it's always been Many of Horror(When We Collide)

listening to the original as i type this
Well my album covers show the song as Many of Horror so I am sticking by the fact that they changed the title.

Either way Matt's version is terrible.

Much better live performance and the band themselves refer to the song as Many of Horror ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc-JC...e_gdata_player
Old 12-12-2010, 22:30   #290
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Well my album covers show the song as Many of Horror so I am sticking by the fact that they changed the title.

Either way Matt's version is terrible.
I wouldn't say it is terrible ,but i do prefer Biffy's ,as with most covers they are never as good as the original .
What would be good for the x factor is if they ever bothered to release an original song for the winner instead of doing covers all the time
Old 12-12-2010, 22:35   #291
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
as with most covers they are never as good as the original
Unless you've never heard the original. then you'd think the cover was better than the original.

I think Rebecca will go further than Matt. she'll be suited to dance music as well as ballads. She really needs to do Almaz cover.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 22:38   #292
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Unless you've never heard the original. then you'd think the cover was better than the original.
But if you hadnt heard the original you couldn't say the cover was better as you couldn't compare the two!
Old 12-12-2010, 22:39   #293
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Here is this years attempt to topple the X Factor from the Christmas number one.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbu...-bird-63_music

http://www.facebook.com/birdbirdbirdistheword

Family Guy Version.
Old 12-12-2010, 22:46   #294
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post

That is a good point gary ,and i wonder if the X-factor chose a song like that (non mainstream )so the bulk of the public would think it was an original and also as Stephen said they have used the second title (changed the name) of the song so maybe the Xfactor think that the people who watch and vote are stupid
Old 12-12-2010, 22:49   #295
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
That is a good point gary ,and i wonder if the X-factor chose a song like that (non mainstream )so the bulk of the public would think it was an original and also as Stephen said they have used the second title (changed the name) of the song so maybe the Xfactor think that the people who watch and vote are stupid
Biffy Clyro have always been all over Radio One and especially with that track, so it is a mainstream song.
Old 12-12-2010, 22:55   #296
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
But if you hadnt heard the original you couldn't say the cover was better as you couldn't compare the two!
You'd hear the original at a later date to compare. doh.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Quote:
I think they've just took the word horror off because it doesn't go well with Xmas.

people who watch aren't too bad. it's just the people who vote who are stupid
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 22:56   #297
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Biffy Clyro have always been all over Radio One and especially with that track, so it is a mainstream song.
maybe pop song would have been a better choice of words they are all over the kerrang channel as well
Old 12-12-2010, 23:19   #298
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

If you visit the link in my post you would find out what the song is all about. Not very christmasy at all lol.

Biffy Clyro are an Indy rock band. Not contemporary pop as Louie stated.
Old 12-12-2010, 23:26   #299
martyh

Quote:
If you visit the link in my post you would find out what the song is all about. Not very christmasy at all lol.

Biffy Clyro are an Indy rock band. Not contemporary pop as Louie stated.

my wife picked up on that ,but that's louie for ya
Old 12-12-2010, 23:37   #300
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Amazing final, the right person won, and I was almost there with my prediction of the finishing order, good job I didn't put a bet on haha. Also, the many faces of Louis Walsh when the reject auditionees were on haha
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote