Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dynamic DHCP Clients Lists

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dynamic DHCP Clients Lists

Old 21-01-2007, 14:26   #16
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Dynamic DHCP Clients Lists

Heh and you trust PC World? Think is looking at that router, I can see know reason why it shouldn't work.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2007, 16:15   #17
albert_the_dog
Inactive

Location: Stockport on the Bromley (ex. Cable & Wireless) platform
Services: XLTV 20mb BB XL Phone virgin mobile x3
albert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of lightalbert_the_dog is a glorious beacon of light
Question Re: Dynamic DHCP Clients Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post

You shouldn't have the wireless & wired interfaces active together. Disable the one you're not using by right clicking on its icon in the notification area & choosing 'Disable'.

Why not, what problems does it cause ?

AtD
albert_the_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007, 16:26   #18
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goss View Post
And another thing is i have the asus p5b deluxe wifi-ap motherboard, it has the realtek ??? adapter onboard, and from what i gather information wise ...i don't realy need a router , i just use the onboard adapter c/w omni directional antenna, as the access point. So what a plonker i am, and ...what a waste of money?, although i am using the router (none wireless) now, so maybe not a complete waste of dosh?.

thanks people ...for your comments/input.

Wherever you are ..may the winds be at your back, l8r.
If you are happy to have your PC connected via a wire to the modem, you can use Internet Connection Sharing on the PC to enable you to share your connection with another computer connected wirelessly. However, the PC needs to be turned on and logged in for this to work. A dedicated router is a lot less hassle, and uses less power (less than 100 W as opposed to nearly 500), so costs less in the long run.

You will also have the same problems with security. See http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33602423 for some general advice on securing wireless networks.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007, 16:43   #19
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_the_dog View Post
Why not, what problems does it cause ?

AtD
Absolutely none. Even if both are connected, Windows is generally sensible enough to know what direction to pass data in.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote