Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 13-09-2013, 14:15   #2941
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
No, it's separate capacity from VOD.

Yes. Though it always did for some people.
Yes, but it will still but a load onto the network as more people will regularly be using the in-built connection
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2013, 14:23   #2942
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Wow from 9:48pm last night only 4 posts. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you'll wake them all.
Old 13-09-2013, 14:38   #2943
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

By the way, why has Virgin L ,got BT sports today ?Is it a one off plug .
Old 13-09-2013, 14:42   #2944
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyposter View Post
By the way, why has Virgin L ,got BT sports today ?Is it a one off plug .
All paying TV Customers have BT Sport today for free (for the Rugby)

At a guess the non-XL take up of BT Sport isn't as much as VM/BT hoped
Old 13-09-2013, 14:50   #2945
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
All paying TV Customers have BT Sport today for free (for the Rugby)

At a guess the non-XL take up of BT Sport isn't as much as VM/BT hoped
not be surprised at that as it is £15 PM in lower packages not worth that
Old 13-09-2013, 15:22   #2946
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

Cheers.Des Kelly doesn't seem a prize pupil at diplomacy school
Old 13-09-2013, 15:27   #2947
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
VM is best value for money got the best box best BB and free bt sports with multiroom if they get all the missing sky channels its very obvious sky will lose customers to VM as I said all sky got over VM is the channels if both where same VM would win hands down sky wont want to lose customers to VM
To be honest Dave products and prices are constantly changing , its impossible to state which service is best you can only look at it from your point of view as people have different needs , my current package is cheaper with Sky but to counter that VM would offer me BT Sports however I have to admit I'd sooner have all the Sky Sports channels in HD but again that's personal preference put simply there's no wrong or right in fact its good the providers offerings are so different with more and more choice all the time , I'm sure VM have loads more additions to arrive likewise so do Sky.

The pay TV industry is constantly evolving to stay ahead of the free services such as freeview and freesat and the cheaper streaming options like Lovefilm and Netflix.

Don't count BT Vision out , whilst it may not currently rival VM or Sky I'm sure the service will get better and better with time especially when you consider it becomes available to more and more people each day with BT's rapidly expanding fibre footprint , BT also have plenty of money behind them and are keen to increase triple play take up.
Old 13-09-2013, 16:02   #2948
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
To be honest Dave products and prices are constantly changing , its impossible to state which service is best you can only look at it from your point of view as people have different needs , my current package is cheaper with Sky but to counter that VM would offer me BT Sports however I have to admit I'd sooner have all the Sky Sports channels in HD but again that's personal preference put simply there's no wrong or right in fact its good the providers offerings are so different with more and more choice all the time , I'm sure VM have loads more additions to arrive likewise so do Sky.

The pay TV industry is constantly evolving to stay ahead of the free services such as freeview and freesat and the cheaper streaming options like Lovefilm and Netflix.

Don't count BT Vision out , whilst it may not currently rival VM or Sky I'm sure the service will get better and better with time especially when you consider it becomes available to more and more people each day with BT's rapidly expanding fibre footprint , BT also have plenty of money behind them and are keen to increase triple play take up.
yes it all comes down to what is best for you in deciding what provider to choice MM mate sky would cost me lot more for what I got so not a option for me plus would lose over half my bb speed and lose on demand on 1 box as could not afford to buy a extra sky + box yes I would prefer all the sky sports HD channels but don't get the option as sky withholding 4 of them cant see that changing at all but love to be proved wrong on that I cant see bt paying the billions it needs to compete with sky as sky will up they bids for certain
Old 13-09-2013, 18:13   #2949
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice
Had a call today from sales as my contract in up in October. Was offered a 1TB Tivo swap for my Tivo 500 and another 1TB for my sons room (bringing me up to 4x1TB) and taking off my XL phone, as we dont use the landline much now, all for £77 a month and no installation costs. Keeping L BB and XL TV. Or instead of a 4th Tivo I could have a V+ box for £72 a month.
Good offers?

Have'nt made my mind up on that yet, but the sales lady said that theres some good stuff coming for XL and up customers this autumn with new bundles on the apps side, such as Netflix and Spotify. I know sales are for selling, but I will be pleased if Spotify is included some how, as I pay £9.99 a month for that alone.
Old 13-09-2013, 18:42   #2950
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
There is nothing to complain about lol. All the channels are coming to Virgin. Now the broadband section is another matter!
Old 13-09-2013, 19:39   #2951
Infiblue
Inactive

Infiblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy;35621361=== Freeviews on Virgin Media ===
[B
Sep. 3rd. CBS Reality, Horror Channel, CBS Action, CBS Drama, CBS Reality +1 and Horror Channel +1 is having an freeview to all M+ and L packages on Virgin Channels 148, 149, 192, 197, 201 and 202 right now until October 3rd 2013.[/B]
Pretty sure this is false information.

Reason being, CBS Action has been available for free on the M+ and L packages since it launched on Virgin Media, so it's not really a freeview.

Also when I last checked the Virgin Media channel list on the website, CBS Reality, and + 1 and Horror Channel + 1 and CBS Drama were listed on the L package area(Not sure if this has changed, as I can't view the channel list on the Virgin Media.com website at the moment..).

Not to mention I've viewed these channels many times on the L package and nothing about a freeview has come up.
Old 13-09-2013, 19:51   #2952
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Evening Sir.
Old 13-09-2013, 19:52   #2953
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
Had a call today from sales as my contract in up in October. Was offered a 1TB Tivo swap for my Tivo 500 and another 1TB for my sons room (bringing me up to 4x1TB) and taking off my XL phone, as we dont use the landline much now, all for £77 a month and no installation costs. Keeping L BB and XL TV. Or instead of a 4th Tivo I could have a V+ box for £72 a month.
Good offers?

Have'nt made my mind up on that yet, but the sales lady said that theres some good stuff coming for XL and up customers this autumn with new bundles on the apps side, such as Netflix and Spotify. I know sales are for selling, but I will be pleased if Spotify is included some how, as I pay £9.99 a month for that alone.
I'd grab that deal ASAP.!!!
Old 13-09-2013, 20:45   #2954
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
No, it's separate capacity from VOD.

Yes. Though it always did for some people.
It's still capacity that would otherwise be available for BB or VOD or Linear TV channels. If there is to be a capacity reserved for Netflix use, then if nobody is using it at a particular time, then that capacity is going to waste.
Old 13-09-2013, 21:51   #2955
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
It's still capacity that would otherwise be available for BB or VOD or Linear TV channels.
It's shared with BB, but couldn't be reused for VOD or linear TV without some serious re-engineering. They use different frequencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
If there is to be a capacity reserved for Netflix use, then if nobody is using it at a particular time, then that capacity is going to waste.
True, but that's not unique to Netflix. The same applies to all VM services.
Closed Thread