Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 24-11-2012, 23:56   #2866
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

might flip back to 3G, browsing god aweful.

FTTC is activated on my exchange now but only infinity lets me order.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2012, 00:06   #2867
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

FTTC is activated on my exchange now but only infinity lets me order.
If infinity lets you order then Sky might be able to do it over the phone/manually.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 14:48   #2868
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
If infinity lets you order then Sky might be able to do it over the phone/manually.
I did try to ring, they couldnt even give me any kind of estimated date.

Time will tell if I regret my decision.
Old 25-11-2012, 15:05   #2869
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

There was a significant delay from our exchange being done to Sky actually being able to offer anything - the Sky rep said something about not having the licenses yet?
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 19:09   #2870
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Time will tell if I regret my decision.
Only conceivable reason I can think of for that is if you P2P heavily.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 19:14   #2871
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

or Sky get the green light days/week after his BT install.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 04:12   #2872
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Only conceivable reason I can think of for that is if you P2P heavily.
very occasionally and even then its download only.

legal content only. Things like cyanogen mod android rom which is distributed via p2p and certian freeware apps.

As long as BT dont treat unclassified as p2p or have false positives the shaping shouldnt cause me issues.
Old 26-11-2012, 11:17   #2873
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

North Bristol, my 30Mb has been rock solid for several weeks but has started to get the evening-bump again.

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 18:32   #2874
Rashboots
Inactive

Rashboots is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new to these forums, in fact, I only really joined after seeing this thread!

Had a technician come round tonight after constant packet loss (see below)
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

He's literally only just left, but I showed him the state of this graph and he said he didn't understand what could be causing it... Will see how it is now he's left and altered my power levels.

Rashboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 18:36   #2875
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

heavy downstream load and a bit of upstream/lack of capacity on the network that can handle the load. whats the ETA you get from VMs speed doubles site for your area?
Old 26-11-2012, 18:39   #2876
Rashboots
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
heavy downstream load and a bit of upstream/lack of capacity on the network that can handle the load. whats the ETA you get from VMs speed doubles site for your area?
If this is aimed at me... We've had ours doubled from 30mb to 60mb already (TS18). It's been doubled for a couple of months now, right about when I started having issues funnily enough
Old 26-11-2012, 18:49   #2877
thenry
Inactive

yeah it was aimed at you buddy.

TS18 - Your speed upgrade is going
to take a little longer. We estimate your area will be ready between: May 2013 and August 2013. Our engineers are still working on the fibre optic network in your area.

the local network will get its capacity upgrade closer to the completion ETA above.

have you looked at BT or Sky fibre? go on BTs site and check what estimates it gives you for fibre.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

btw did you power down then up the SH around 6pm? it looks like it found a new channel or the down/uploaders went offline or both or sorted itself out
Old 26-11-2012, 18:53   #2878
Rashboots
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
yeah it was aimed at you buddy.

TS18 - Your speed upgrade is going
to take a little longer. We estimate your area will be ready between: May 2013 and August 2013. Our engineers are still working on the fibre optic network in your area.

the local network will get its capacity upgrade closer to the completion ETA above.

have you looked at BT or Sky fibre? go on BTs site and check what estimates it gives you for fibre.
Wow, seriously? I assumed it'd doubled already with me not having a price increase other than that in April (unless that was a crafty way of covering the upgrades?)

We've looked into BT infinity but it's not available in our area. I haven't checked sky fibre though, I doubt they will be available either

------

A technician came out at 6, we've been having issues for months, emails flying backwards and forwards from the ceo office, PTs coming out to check things etc... He left about half an hour ago.

My graphs always look good after they've been. A few days later they go back to their yellow spiky messy self!
Old 26-11-2012, 18:59   #2879
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

I don't see any packet loss...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 19:03   #2880
thenry
Inactive

if infinity isnt available then no Sky fibre. youre vm connection looks better now. looks like channels may of changed.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
I don't see any packet loss...
6pm'ish - power down and up i think. normally its instant change?