Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2011, 09:11   #2836
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Asked this question on "Niggles" thread

Just been on to BBC1 I.Player.
All the shows seem to be available, and in order, but the times are wildly out !!

For example Sunday:

Andrew Marr says 12.10pm - should be 9.00am
Eucharist says 8.15pm - should be 10.00am
Story of Jesus says 11.35am - correct!
Life of Riley says 8.00pm - should be 3.45pm

Any ideas ??
I have just noticed this as well it is really strange, So I am no help in this one?
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2011, 09:17   #2837
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

An interesting read

http://skattertech.com/2011/04/5-fea...ze-tivo-again/
Old 26-04-2011, 09:17   #2838
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I have just noticed this as well it is really strange, So I am no help in this one?
Just checked again, Monday is slightly better, but still out.
Today is the same as the Radio Times, so perhaps it's a settling down thing ?
Old 26-04-2011, 10:51   #2839
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

Is there a way to get program info without having to go into the full guide?

The OK button three channel mini guide is great but the info button does nothing when you press it.
Old 26-04-2011, 12:05   #2840
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Yes, annoying isn't it This issue is due to be fixed in the next round of upgrades.
Old 26-04-2011, 12:45   #2841
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Press the ok button in the mini guide to get the info and rec for a show that is already on.
Old 26-04-2011, 13:25   #2842
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

To clarify, pressing OK will simply change the channel on one of the tuners to that channel. You can then either press "Info" or "Record".
Old 26-04-2011, 13:31   #2843
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

I am on the installation list for this week........ standing by!
Old 26-04-2011, 14:45   #2844
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The article compares TiVo with Apple TV, Roku, Boxee and Google TV. Minus Google TV when your with a certain provider none of those actually provide live TV so the article is comparing features on products that are just streaming boxes and cannot actually view live TV. Then it mentions not having a good enough UI which is the same arguement, you need to easily navigate around streamed or stored content, you don't need to for Live TV.

DNLA support would be great eliminating the need for a second box or having a 'flash' TV, but the rest of the article is just pointless filler.

Old 26-04-2011, 15:16   #2845
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
The article compares TiVo with Apple TV, Roku, Boxee and Google TV. Minus Google TV when your with a certain provider none of those actually provide live TV so the article is comparing features on products that are just streaming boxes and cannot actually view live TV. Then it mentions not having a good enough UI which is the same arguement, you need to easily navigate around streamed or stored content, you don't need to for Live TV.

DNLA support would be great eliminating the need for a second box or having a 'flash' TV, but the rest of the article is just pointless filler.
I disagree there are many decent suggestions , cloud storage is an interesting idea and as you say DLNA would be a good idea.
Old 26-04-2011, 15:46   #2846
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
I am on the installation list for this week........ standing by!
Good Luck Doug!

Let us know how you get on with your new Tivo.
Old 26-04-2011, 16:14   #2847
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point

I am due to have TiVo installed tomorrow (wed)

Last night (mon) while watching a recording my SA V+ left the recording and went to live tv, since then that's all it will do.
It will not show the programme guide or recordings or any V+ features (it will show the mini guide) it will not go into standby via remote or box. After speaking to three different 'faults' people last night and more this morning I am being told that my V+ service has been switched off so that it can be put onto the TiVo (remember I have not got it yet) CS say that it would be possible to reactivate my V+ but this would wipe recordings and more importantly stop my TiVo installation taking place tomorrow.
This seems crazy to me for two main reasons.
1. If only the V+ services have been deactivated why won't the box show the tv guide or go into standby?
2. I was 'phoned last week and told I could keep the V+ for another room free of charge. (the goodwill call)
Also why turn off one service before receiving the upgrade to another?
Comments welcome, hopefully some from DF and MB too.
Old 26-04-2011, 17:05   #2848
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstill View Post
I am due to have TiVo installed tomorrow (wed)

Last night (mon) while watching a recording my SA V+ left the recording and went to live tv, since then that's all it will do.
It will not show the programme guide or recordings or any V+ features (it will show the mini guide) it will not go into standby via remote or box. After speaking to three different 'faults' people last night and more this morning I am being told that my V+ service has been switched off so that it can be put onto the TiVo (remember I have not got it yet) CS say that it would be possible to reactivate my V+ but this would wipe recordings and more importantly stop my TiVo installation taking place tomorrow.
This seems crazy to me for two main reasons.
1. If only the V+ services have been deactivated why won't the box show the tv guide or go into standby?
2. I was 'phoned last week and told I could keep the V+ for another room free of charge. (the goodwill call)
Also why turn off one service before receiving the upgrade to another?
Comments welcome, hopefully some from DF and MB too.
Hi I am not sure if I am the correct one to help, But I would call up Retentions to complain and see what they are able to do for you
Old 26-04-2011, 17:15   #2849
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Hi I am not sure if I am the correct one to help, But I would call up Retentions to complain and see what they are able to do for you
I have been offerd a small loss of sevice refund but I'm more concerned about the reason being given, I would like to know the answers to the points I raised.
Old 26-04-2011, 17:18   #2850
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstill View Post
I have been offerd a small loss of sevice refund but I'm more concerned about the reason being given, I would like to know the answers to the points I raised.
I do not know that if I did I would be more helpful to you

As you asked before maybe one of the staff are able to help in regards to this.
Closed Thread