Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Old 15-11-2010, 22:21   #271
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Link doesn't work (unrecognisble file type).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2010, 10:38   #272
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Sorry about that - it's the weird way gov do their IT - it's actually a pdf file, so will load into a pdf reader after download. Consultation period is just 4 weeks rather than the usual 12.

It has finally appeared on the HO consultations web page.
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-us/consultations/
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publica...wful-intercep/
where you are told it is a pdf file - no idea why they do it that way.
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publica...ep?view=Binary
Rchivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 14:43   #273
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Thanks for the new links.
Old 16-11-2010, 19:31   #274
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Just to warn you - the email address the HO give for contributing to the consultation - it bounces.

Quote:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

ripa-consentandsanctionconsultation@homeoffice.gsi.gov. uk
Not sure if it is fixed yet.
Old 19-11-2010, 23:07   #275
SadBanana
cf.member

SadBanana is on a distinguished roadSadBanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Thank you for updating us - nice to see you keeping busy.....

Nice to see other members of NoDPI being reasonable and rational in their dealings with the Home Office - is it any wonder they believe that a lot of the FOI requests are vexatious?

When requesting FOI from a Government body, such phrases as
"your base and immediate intransigence on the matter",
"you are, a waste of effort or space",
"like some petulant child ",
"I assume you are the Home Office and not some forum Troll",
"I do believe there is evidence elsewhere that suggests the Home Office 'Colluded' with Phorm. TalkTalk have been involved with Phorm as well. They and you are not exactly virgins.",
" I have had to deal with the TalkTalk Forums manipulating my posts and Dorsman manipulating interpretation of URL's and other general interpretation of EU directives in terms of routing versus communications data presented to the ICO in much the same way that Phorm, in collusion with yourselves, did the same."
"Ooooooooooooh Look... Purple and Orange Striped Flying Pig"
"going out to lunch, parties, orgies [gay, bi or straight] as provided by Industry Lobbyists.. along with the odd crate of wine, fill in for the mortgage repayments, personal loss on spread betting and a bubble wrap of cocaine?"
really don't help their case if they are trying to show their requests are not vexatious....

Some people really need to have a long lie down in a darkened room, with a damp flannel on their forehead...
Given the previous performance of the HO on the subject and the fact that the request was titled as being vexatious and went on to be so I really do not see what your problem is. I'll buy you a pint of Porter and drink both of them myself. Like I should need some twisted earache whilst trying to enjoy my pint. Just don't moan about it when it happens, the explanation was somewhere else in the message.
SadBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 23:19   #276
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadBanana View Post
Given the previous performance of the HO on the subject and the fact that the request was titled as being vexatious and went on to be so I really do not see what your problem is. I'll buy you a pint of Porter and drink both of them myself. Like I should need some twisted earache whilst trying to enjoy my pint. Just don't moan about it when it happens, the explanation was somewhere else in the message.
QED, I think ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 10:23   #277
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadBanana View Post
I suspect his problem is the same as the one I have. The tone of those requests is very sarcastic, almost sneering. This is not the correct way to deal with the situation, and, IMO, has probably set the campaign back.

If you are being sarcastic with someone, you run the risk that they will be less likely to do any more than the minimum required to help you.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 10:45   #278
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Absolutely - in fact, I think they went beyond sarcastic, to insulting; not, imho, the best way to achieve results, no matter how frustrated one is.
Old 20-11-2010, 20:54   #279
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
If you are being sarcastic with someone, you run the risk that they will be less likely to do any more than the minimum required to help you.
Oddly enough, I once suggested to a thread full of anti-Phormers that one of their number was going about things in a way that was likely to prove counter-productive ... I seem to remember a great deal of mouth-frothing outrage that I should dare to run counter to the groupthink that pervaded that particular thread.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 11:28   #280
Rchivist
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Oddly enough, I once suggested to a thread full of anti-Phormers that one of their number was going about things in a way that was likely to prove counter-productive ... I seem to remember a great deal of mouth-frothing outrage that I should dare to run counter to the groupthink that pervaded that particular thread.
That is quite a common problem - I've seen it in a number of forums.
Old 22-11-2010, 15:35   #281
Rchivist
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rchivist View Post
Sorry about that - it's the weird way gov do their IT - it's actually a pdf file, so will load into a pdf reader after download. Consultation period is just 4 weeks rather than the usual 12.

It has finally appeared on the HO consultations web page.
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-us/consultations/
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publica...wful-intercep/
where you are told it is a pdf file - no idea why they do it that way.
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publica...ep?view=Binary
Email address for consultation replies now corrected after representations. It is:
ripa-consentandsanctionconsultation@homeoffice.x.gsi.go v.uk

and the consultation period is extended till 17th December2010
Old 22-11-2010, 15:48   #282
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Thank you for the email address and info - gives more people a chance to participate in the consultation.
Old 22-11-2010, 17:38   #283
Rchivist
Inactive

Website still SAYS consultation ending on 7th December in two places, but email I received today assures me it will go on till 17th. I suppose they will change the website eventually - I've asked.
Old 22-11-2010, 18:33   #284
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes i remember a certain member was trying to dig up any dirt she could find on the daughter of the main man behind phorm. It was at that point i decided it was all going to go tin foil hat shaped.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 19:13   #285
Rchivist
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Yes i remember a certain member was trying to dig up any dirt she could find on the daughter of the main man behind phorm. It was at that point i decided it was all going to go tin foil hat shaped.
Do you have a link for that please? I've done a quick search on "daughter" but turned up nothing like that except discussion of Elizabeth Murdoch.