Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2016, 14:24   #2716
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
take it up with your sovereign government regarding the easy hand-outs, that's down to them not Europe, benefits are better abroad but you do have to work for them

perhaps that's why 1.2 million like myself have worked in Europe and done those "interesting" things you so easily dismissed but why open your eyes at this time eh?
Please don't talk at me as if I have never traveled before. Believe me I have and a lot further than Europe, I can tell thee ! But no thanks, I like to travel much further afield, far more interesting places, natural wonders and what not beyond the European Continent.
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2016, 14:27   #2717
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
according to the several versions of vote leave scriptures, contradictory views of leave MPs and the ingredients of this can of snake oil, apparently I can!!
Why would traveling or working in Europe post brexit be any more difficult than traveling or working anywhere else in the world.Honestly the way some people go off one would think that Europe is the whole of the world and the UK is exiting the world

Old 25-11-2016, 14:31   #2718
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
<snippety snip> One is enough and it is final - we are leaving the corrupted pile of crap, why people want to stay in corruption is bloody beyond me.</snippety snip>
You show me where it's legally binding and final, Oh yes, it isn't.......

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And if one goes on holiday in Europe after Brexit there is likely to be a small fee added on as well as l hear one will have to get a temporary visa which will cost about a tenner.
TBF no different from the US ESTA scheme & the Turkish EVisa.

Even as a devout remainer, I don't see this as a biggy
Old 25-11-2016, 14:39   #2719
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
You show me where it's legally binding and final, Oh yes, it isn't......
So what ,we do not run this country by referendum .The last referendum was specifically for the government to ascertain the publics feelings on leaving Europe ,they now know what those feelings are and will act accordingly .The result does not need to be legally binding .What you are asking is for referendums to be held until the right answer is reached,what happens if another one is held and a vote to remain is reached ,do we leave or stick by the first result or have another referendum ? .The result is final ,there will be no more referendums on Europe and nor should there be

Old 25-11-2016, 14:39   #2720
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Please don't talk at me as if I have never traveled before. Believe me I have and a lot further than Europe, I can tell thee ! But no thanks, I like to travel much further afield, far more interesting places, natural wonders and what not beyond the European Continent.
good for you, im all for more freedom of travel, work and living, you get my vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
So what ,we do not run this country by referendum .The last referendum was specifically for the government to ascertain the publics feelings on leaving Europe ,they now know what those feelings are and will act accordingly .The result does not need to be legally binding .What you are asking is for referendums to be held until the right answer is reached,what happens if another one is held and a vote to remain is reached ,do we leave or stick by the first result or have another referendum ? .The result is final ,there will be no more referendums on Europe and nor should there be
No its not
Old 25-11-2016, 14:41   #2721
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
TBF no different from the US ESTA scheme & the Turkish EVisa.

Even as a devout remainer, I don't see this as a biggy
That is how l see it Mr M.
Old 25-11-2016, 14:44   #2722
martyh

Quote:

No its not
why isn't it

Old 25-11-2016, 14:44   #2723
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I have traveled further than Europe too but Europe has some amazing places as well. Cities and natural wonders. The Norwegian Fjords for example. I think we underestimate how much we have on our doorstep here. So much only a few hours away. This is true irrespective of the referendum though, just as a general comment.
Old 25-11-2016, 14:46   #2724
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You show me where it's legally binding and final, Oh yes, it isn't.......
Oh, here it comes, the boring legally binding chestnut, tired of hearing of it actually.

Yes, it was advisory, but the government is insisting we're leaving, as we know they want to set the motion to leave by end of March next year, but some pathetic remoaners who cannot accept democracy, want to argue all they can about the decision to try and knock it off course and drag it through litigation.
Old 25-11-2016, 14:51   #2725
martyh

why would the result of a second referendum be any more valid than the first

Old 25-11-2016, 14:56   #2726
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
why isn't it
because

a) facts in post referendum brexit world are apparently irrelevant
b) Tony Blair said so
Old 25-11-2016, 14:58   #2727
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Why stop at a second, hell, let's have a third and if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another?And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another?And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another? And if we don't like that result, can we have another?
Old 25-11-2016, 15:01   #2728
martyh

Quote:
because

a) facts in post referendum brexit world are apparently irrelevant
b) Tony Blair said so
If your going to defend a position try and have some reasonable answers

Old 25-11-2016, 15:06   #2729
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
because

b) Tony Blair said so
On this forum, it's Bliar !
Old 25-11-2016, 15:09   #2730
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Even if there is a second and the outcome is the same we know that the usual suspects will still claim it's not valid. There'll be more excuses, more whining, more claims of foul play until they get their way at which point you can bet there'll be no way back and suddenly referenda will be a very bad idea. That's how interested these people are in democracy. They only appreciate it when it yields what they want.
Closed Thread