Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 10-11-2011, 19:20   #256
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

also groves,degale and saunders will be on boxnation 9th december!! just gets better and better every week something to look forward to! just hope its sorted with virgin by then.
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2011, 19:30   #257
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
also groves,degale and saunders will be on boxnation 9th december!! just gets better and better every week something to look forward to! just hope its sorted with virgin by then.
The really good thing about Khan going back to SKY is we might finally see an end to PPV boxing in the UK!

When Khan moved to Primetime Live for his fight against McCloskey, Richard Schaefer CEO of Goldenboy confirmed if a broadcaster falls out with a Goldenboy fighter, they fall out with the whole stable. Since then Khan Vs. Judah, Floyd Mayweather Vs. Victor Ortiz and Pacman Vs. Marquez III have been on Primetime Live at £14.99 a pop.

Hopefully all future Goldenboy promoted shows will make a return to SKY Sports. Apparently Mayweather Vs. Ortiz bombed in terms of PPV buys.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 19:35   #258
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

pacman isnt goldenboy though is he?
Old 10-11-2011, 19:53   #259
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
pacman isnt goldenboy though is he?
Pacman is promoted by Bob Arum at Top Rank. For some reason I thought Marquez was being promoted by Goldenboy for this fight but he's Top Rank too.

Seeing Cotto Vs. Margarito III is on BoxNation, both are Top Rank fighters too, hopefully Boxnation can land a long term deal with Top Rank. If not looks like, if this weekends show is a success, Pacman might remain a PPV fighter in the UK.

Pacman will be on SKY Sports News live from the States between 8pm and 9pm tonight.
Old 10-11-2011, 20:17   #260
thatllbeme
Inactive

hopefully julio cesar chavez jr v manfredo jr 19/11/11 and alvarez v cintron 26/11/11 will be on boxnation or sky
Old 13-11-2011, 18:50   #261
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

id like to see khan take on bredis prescot again.his pride should make him want a rematch.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 19:15   #262
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIMUTH View Post
id like to see khan take on bredis prescot again.his pride should make him want a rematch.
I don't think that will happen after last night, what a mistake Bredis made in the last round! I still cannot believe that manny won on points neither!
Old 13-11-2011, 19:21   #263
dempseyjack
Inactive

Services: Boxnation/sky sports
dempseyjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
i agree he should face prescot again , but he wont he only takes fights he knows he can win.
dempseyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 21:39   #264
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempseyjack View Post
i agree he should face prescot again , but he wont he only takes fights he knows he can win.
I'm pretty sure he'd face Prescott again if it made financial sense however Prescott has lost his last 2 fights and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a world title shot.

Also whilst Khan does face "easy opponents" at times, his bout against Marcos Maidana proved he is not prepared to duck anyone.

For me Khan needs to face Timothy Bradley before moving up to Welterweight.

I watched the Primetime Live PPV of Pacman Vs. Marquez. Just before the judges decision was confirmed, Amir Khan called out Marquez for a fight next year.
Old 13-11-2011, 23:23   #265
dempseyjack
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'm pretty sure he'd face Prescott again if it made financial sense however Prescott has lost his last 2 fights and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a world title shot.

Also whilst Khan does face "easy opponents" at times, his bout against Marcos Maidana proved he is not prepared to duck anyone.

For me Khan needs to face Timothy Bradley before moving up to Welterweight.

I watched the Primetime Live PPV of Pacman Vs. Marquez. Just before the judges decision was confirmed, Amir Khan called out Marquez for a fight next year.
really i didnt see the fight , be good if it happens (khan v marquez), i to think the bradley fight needs to happen , i would like to see khan v prescott 2 , i think people are always going to bring that fight up long after khan has retired , he nees to lay the prescott fight to rest once and for all , and prove it was a fluke.
Old 14-11-2011, 14:43   #266
AZIMUTH
Inactive

UK fight fans would make Khan v Prescott into financial sense.Prescott refers to himself as Khanquerer Prescott,,,,,im sure amir khan would like to relieve him of that.Its a pity Prescott made a mess of his last fight.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Khanqueror
Old 14-11-2011, 18:42   #267
dempseyjack
Inactive

Quote:
UK fight fans would make Khan v Prescott into financial sense.Prescott refers to himself as Khanquerer Prescott,,,,,im sure amir khan would like to relieve him of that.Its a pity Prescott made a mess of his last fight.

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Khanqueror
i agree him losing has made it harder to sell , like you say us uk fans are the only ones who would buy into the fight , i think lennox lewis is the only fighter to avenge his defeats .
Old 15-11-2011, 21:02   #268
Chad
cf.mega poster

I've just noticed that the following has been added to the Boxnation website:

"Are you tired of paying for a fight that doesn’t go more than three rounds? Or fed-up with only being able to watch a couple of fights a year?

BoxNation is the channel that every boxing fan has been waiting for.

It’s really simple, for just £10 a month you will get exclusive access to the big live fights from all around the world and all the behind-the-scenes access to the boxing world you could want – from interviews with the boxers, to expert commentary and analysis, to weigh-ins and press conferences.

More build up. More live fighting. More highlights. More analysis. Just more boxing!

But the best bit is that for a limited time only, you can watch the channel for FREE! Just tune into channel 456 on Sky.

Why register?

Register your interest right now to qualify for;

•Our special introductory offer of 6 months for the price of 5

•An exclusive weekly newsletter from Frank Warren

•The chance to win boxing prizes that money just can’t buy

By registering now, you’re not committing to anything. You will simply receive news from BoxNation and information on how to subscribe to the channel ahead of the subscription service’s launch on the first of December.

Sky customers will soon be able to subscribe and pay for the channel through this site, while Virgin Media customers should contact Virgin directly (we expect to be live on Virgin Media cable within two weeks).

Don’t miss out, register today!"

So looks like Boxnation might be launching on Virgin Media on the 1st December 2011, just in time for Cotto Vs. Margarito II
Old 16-11-2011, 07:53   #269
dempseyjack
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I've just noticed that the following has been added to the Boxnation website:

"Are you tired of paying for a fight that doesn’t go more than three rounds? Or fed-up with only being able to watch a couple of fights a year?

BoxNation is the channel that every boxing fan has been waiting for.

It’s really simple, for just £10 a month you will get exclusive access to the big live fights from all around the world and all the behind-the-scenes access to the boxing world you could want – from interviews with the boxers, to expert commentary and analysis, to weigh-ins and press conferences.

More build up. More live fighting. More highlights. More analysis. Just more boxing!

But the best bit is that for a limited time only, you can watch the channel for FREE! Just tune into channel 456 on Sky.

Why register?

Register your interest right now to qualify for;

•Our special introductory offer of 6 months for the price of 5

•An exclusive weekly newsletter from Frank Warren

•The chance to win boxing prizes that money just can’t buy

By registering now, you’re not committing to anything. You will simply receive news from BoxNation and information on how to subscribe to the channel ahead of the subscription service’s launch on the first of December.

Sky customers will soon be able to subscribe and pay for the channel through this site, while Virgin Media customers should contact Virgin directly (we expect to be live on Virgin Media cable within two weeks).

Don’t miss out, register today!"

So looks like Boxnation might be launching on Virgin Media on the 1st December 2011, just in time for Cotto Vs. Margarito II
hooray , good find m8 .
Old 17-11-2011, 16:22   #270
AZIMUTH
Inactive

i agree that boxnation have screened some very poor fight nights,,,,but to listen to Buncey they have all been brilliant.there must be a big improvement to make it worth even a tenner.is FW the bad or slow payer to his fighters?some boxers complain they go months before payment.