Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 03-05-2011, 16:50   #2671
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Well done. What's next?
Adult Numeracy Level 1, then once I pass that, move on to IT (MS Office), then once I have done that, Adult Literacy level 2, then Numeracy Level 2, then I am looking at doing an NVQ in Customer Service and also Administration.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2011, 18:28   #2672
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Adult Numeracy Level 1, then once I pass that, move on to IT (MS Office), then once I have done that, Adult Literacy level 2, then Numeracy Level 2, then I am looking at doing an NVQ in Customer Service and also Administration.
Have you started the Numeracy course yet, and if so how are you finding it?
Old 03-05-2011, 18:31   #2673
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My lady is back in the country Thursday and should be up for the weekend

And she has stopped calling me a wookie - mind you she has moved onto 'beyonce fiance' - that is wrong on so many levels but I love her
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 18:36   #2674
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
My lady is back in the country Thursday and should be up for the weekend

And she has stopped calling me a wookie - mind you she has moved onto 'beyonce fiance' - that is wrong on so many levels but I love her
I expect that you are looking forward to a little bit of Nookie when she gets home.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 18:39   #2675
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I don't know WHAT you mean
Old 03-05-2011, 18:39   #2676
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
I passed my Adult Literacy Level 1 test, with 87% (33/40)
Well done
Old 03-05-2011, 18:40   #2677
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
I don't know WHAT you mean
Well the bear looks happy.
Old 03-05-2011, 18:42   #2678
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I don't think Natalie would if I was doing the same thing as he is to the bear though
Old 03-05-2011, 18:43   #2679
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I don't think Natalie would if I was doing the same thing as he is to the bear though
Less is more.
Old 03-05-2011, 18:58   #2680
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Have you started the Numeracy course yet, and if so how are you finding it?
Start it next week. I have done the diagnostic part, which finds out strong/weak areas though.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 19:23   #2681
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Start it next week. I have done the diagnostic part, which finds out strong/weak areas though.
I am sure you will succeed in the Numeracy test as well as you did in your Literacy test.

I have just looked at a Level 1 sample paper and ended up doing it. I used to love those tests at school and they don't seem to have changed much in all the intervening years although we had, if my memory serves me correctly, more green grocery questions and rolls of wall paper seemed to feature quite a few times.

I still found myself arguing with the dang things though.

Here's the one I just did if anyone wants to have a go.

http://www.cityandguilds.com/sites/b..._NUMERACY1.swf
Old 03-05-2011, 20:29   #2682
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
An excellent show that. I love Brian Cox. He has such an incredibly knack for making things interesting. Rock star turned prof. of physics. Gotta love it
He does it with such enthusiasm, the infectious smile and glittering eyes as he does his delivery is amazing.

Bought the Blu Rays of both 'Wonders' series. Look forward to next year's Wonders of Life
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 21:48   #2683
Pedro1
Inactive

Pedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nice

Got my new phone today. Galaxy s. well happy with it...
Pedro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 23:42   #2684
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
I am sure you will succeed in the Numeracy test as well as you did in your Literacy test.

I have just looked at a Level 1 sample paper and ended up doing it. I used to love those tests at school and they don't seem to have changed much in all the intervening years although we had, if my memory serves me correctly, more green grocery questions and rolls of wall paper seemed to feature quite a few times.

I still found myself arguing with the dang things though.

Here's the one I just did if anyone wants to have a go.

http://www.cityandguilds.com/sites/b..._NUMERACY1.swf
I couldn't resist, and am shocked, and my brain hurts
I need a calculator or at least pencil and paper
It was like doing the 11+ paper but with maths in it!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:14   #2685
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
I couldn't resist, and am shocked, and my brain hurts
I need a calculator or at least pencil and paper
It was like doing the 11+ paper but with maths in it!
One of your 11+ tests wasn't verbal reasoning?

I had both a verbal reasoning test, basically maths, and a literacy test. I'd probably fail both now given how lazy we've become with technology doing everything for us.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

I am channelling the Vatican Assassin Warlock today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg

In addition mini-me is away from home until Friday on a school trip. We've a packed schedule of afternoon tea today, dinner later, then lunch and dinner tomorrow.

Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote