Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 20-10-2016, 22:03   #2551
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l thought he had already decided to go to Sky a few weeks ago.
He just said his wife has had enough, made it look as if he was leaving.

I have to laugh at his constant moaning about Virgin only getting channels that show repeats when he keeps asking for movie channels that show old films and told us about the great channels in America that show all the old shows like Rifleman and the Beverly Hillbillies!
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2016, 00:27   #2552
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I am now starting to get really fed up with VM. Firstly our bill arrived today, and increase of £5.00 which is staggering. As there is nothing new with VM

We get told the same old stuff from VM. No increase in channels, and yet we 'are' told BT Sport is FREE. What a load of crap.

VM have put the prices is up to cover the cost of BT Sport.
We are told that ' we give our customers the best entertainment possible' but at what cost.

I for one does not have a bottomless pocket.
If you go over to Sky, don't expect to be able to get True Movies 2 (that was missing on VM) as this has changed to True Movies +1 now.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 00:37   #2553
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofrok View Post
He just said his wife has had enough, made it look as if he was leaving.

I have to laugh at his constant moaning about Virgin only getting channels that show repeats when he keeps asking for movie channels that show old films and told us about the great channels in America that show all the old shows like Rifleman and the Beverly Hillbillies!
Per his post 21/9, Arthur has switched to Sky for TV only and "couldn't be happier":

Quote:
I changed over a month ago. And couldn't be happier. My wife spoke with Sky. And we got a deal for 12 months.

We kept VM phone and BB.

When my wife told VM. They didn't try and persuade her to stay with any deal. So if they cannot be bothered, then why should we.

VM cannot keep putting the price up

Last edited by 1andrew1; 21-10-2016 at 00:40.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 07:54   #2554
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I am now starting to get really fed up with VM. Firstly our bill arrived today, and increase of £5.00 which is staggering. As there is nothing new with VM

We get told the same old stuff from VM. No increase in channels, and yet we 'are' told BT Sport is FREE. What a load of crap.

VM have put the prices is up to cover the cost of BT Sport.
We are told that ' we give our customers the best entertainment possible' but at what cost.

I for one does not have a bottomless pocket.
OK, Arthur, spill the beans! We all thought you'd gone to Sky. What happened?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 09:35   #2555
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the rough

Found this this morning

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...sign-new-deal/
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 10:38   #2556
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Per his post 21/9, Arthur has switched to Sky for TV only and "couldn't be happier":
Ah yes I forgot that one, so many quotes...too many to remember
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 10:49   #2557
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Yes, we discussed this a few posts earlier before we moved onto discussing Arthur's post.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 19:06   #2558
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

All the news outlets are reporting that AT&T is looking to buy Time Warner with a deal as soon as this weekend.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ti...-idUSKCN12L1Y0

Although not directed related to VM, it will have knock on effects with other companies looking to consolidate. It can only be a matter of time before either John Malone joins up his various interests into a integrated company, or, someone else like Apple comes along and buys him out.
Old 21-10-2016, 19:54   #2559
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Isn't it nice to be thought of.
Yes, I am still with VM. BUT, have Sky Tv too. My wife is a VM to the core. On Sky, we just have the Basics. (that was a compromise)

As VM gave my wife a deal that she couldn't turn down. BUT, then we had an email to say the price had gone up.

Much to my wife's annoyance.

No we VM and just basics on Sky
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 21:25   #2560
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Is 'That's Oxfordshire' on VM?

Apparently, it's not been broadcasting since 7pm earlier this evening.

It's not yet known if this is temporary or permanent.

Could we see 'Made In Oxford' making an appearence?
Old 21-10-2016, 21:55   #2561
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Does anyone actually care about local TV ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 22:05   #2562
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I think it will be a total flop.
Old 21-10-2016, 23:18   #2563
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I live in liverpool and our channel already went bankrupt and has been replaced haha
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 23:42   #2564
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I live in liverpool and our channel already went bankrupt and has been replaced haha
'Made In' took it over didn't they, that's why I'm wondering if they will also take over Oxfordshire.

If Local TV does survive as a network, I can see one dominant player (apart from the STV stations) networking programmes with budget local news opt outs.

Perhaps Made Television LTD will become the Carlton/Granada of Local TV

I think that they would have been better quasi networking a FTA channel that's not on DTT.

Apparently, there is a Technical Difficulties' caption on air.

Facebook statement: "Due to technical difficulties our news programme is unable to broadcast. We will be back as soon as possible." Similar message on twitter.

Also, That's Lancashire is said to have been the same for the past month.

What's That's Lancashire showing on VM (if it's carried)?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 21-10-2016 at 23:50. Reason: Extra info.
Old 22-10-2016, 05:50   #2565
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What's That's Lancashire showing on VM (if it's carried)?
None of the That's TV channels are currently carried on VM. That's Solent is in the SDT but not in the Network Information Table for any of the 68 "networks" on the ex-Telewest/ex-C&W/ex-Smallworld part of the system - and That's Solent would be on that part of the system (if it had been added) rather than the ex-NTL Langley platform.