Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2009, 20:24   #2446
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by call08 View Post
media boy yu need to update post 1
I have sent an list update off at 5pm tonight.

Post one will be update within the next 24 hours.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2009, 20:29   #2447
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
what about MUTV (On Virgin Channel 530 right now)?
Speaking of MUTV, it seems to have gone widescreen today.
Old 29-07-2009, 20:30   #2448
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Red face Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
...yes, if you mean, will the channels be in 5.1 sound, they will. But if you do mean radio stations, then no.
Yes, I meant radio stations and the big grin was to indicate a fun remark, mimicking the 'never satisfied' bunch on here. Oh well! It fell flat on it's big grin face.
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 29-07-2009, 20:59   #2449
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

ESPN HD FOOTIE ON VM??? CONFUSION??

OK i dont want to burst anyones bubble about EPSN HD but THIS page

http://www.espn.co.uk/sports-on-espn/

SEEMS to suggest ONLY SKY HD will be able to watch the Footie in HD... If you look closley some sports say Sky and VM HD but the Premiership and Scottish PL SKY ONLY HD

Can someone clarify????

This page

http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...434&highlight=

Does NOT IMO make it 100% clear that VM will get the footie in HD.

Have VM made a bad deal look like a good one or what???
Old 29-07-2009, 21:08   #2450
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
OK i dont want to burst anyones bubble about EPSN HD but THIS padge

SEEMS to suggest ONLY SKY HD will be able to watch the Footie in HD... If you look closley sone sports say Sky and VM HD but the Premiership and Scottish PL SKY ONY HD

Can someone clarify????

This page

Well, looking down the ESPN page, it would seem that HD content on VM does not include the premier league games....that's a surprise.
Old 29-07-2009, 21:08   #2451
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I would almost certainly say that is just a error on the site.
Old 29-07-2009, 21:08   #2452
one2escape
Inactive

one2escape is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
ESPN HD FOOTIE ON VM??? CONFUSION??

OK i dont want to burst anyones bubble about EPSN HD but THIS page

SEEMS to suggest ONLY SKY HD will be able to watch the Footie in HD... If you look closley some sports say Sky and VM HD but the Premiership and Scottish PL SKY ONLY HD

Can someone clarify????

This page

In the press release

Customers who subscribe to Virgin Media’s XL TV pack will be able to watch ESPN and ESPN HD at no additional cost. As part of the deal, these subscribers will also receive ESPN Classic, featuring the greatest moments of UK and European sport.
Old 29-07-2009, 21:08   #2453
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

The page hasn't been updated since the VM deal was announced, it has always said that ever since the ESPN site was updated with that information.

Whilst it isn't clear, I find it very unlikely that ESPN would only broadcast the English and Scottish Premier League games in HD on Sky, this would either require two HD channels or shutting off all signals to cable when the matches are on. This wouldn't be worth their while in any way.
Old 29-07-2009, 21:12   #2454
danny85
Inactive

Services: vip package vm
danny85 is an unknown quantity at this point

my guess is as they have only just added the extra rights they have won on to the website and the epl and spl was already on the site they just have not ammended them yet you surely cant have a channel that does not allow you to view certain content
Old 29-07-2009, 21:12   #2455
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Nook, i take your point but if thats true (about the updating) why does it clearly state

Live Portuguese Liga (etc) will be shown on VM in HD???

If the page hasnt been updated since the deal was announced then they wouldnt be telling un ANYTHING was available ion VM HD.... that doesnt add up...
Old 29-07-2009, 21:13   #2456
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook29 View Post
The page hasn't been updated since the VM deal was announced, it has always said that ever since the ESPN site was updated with that information.

Whilst it isn't clear, I find it very unlikely that ESPN would only broadcast the English and Scottish Premier League games in HD on Sky, this would either require two HD channels or shutting off all signals to cable when the matches are on. This wouldn't be worth their while in any way.
Well, VM announced the deal today, so if that page hasn't been updated since then, its clear that the Premier games will only be in HD for Sky.....based on the asterisked comments?
Old 29-07-2009, 21:16   #2457
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
what about MUTV (On Virgin Channel 530 right now)?
I assume it will move - but as soon as it is confirmed I (or someone else) will post
Old 29-07-2009, 21:16   #2458
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

It may be worth someone ringing ESPN to clarify.
Old 29-07-2009, 21:18   #2459
Toto
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I assume it will move - but as soon as it is confirmed I (or someone else) will post
Hey Ben, you work for VM, any comment on the espn page that says only the PL in HD will only be shown on Sky?
Old 29-07-2009, 21:19   #2460
call08
Inactive

Services: V+ xl broaband 8.2 meg service
call08 is an unknown quantity at this point

The ESPN HD channel will offer live Barclays Premier League and Clydesdale Bank Premier League football as well a wide range of international football and top quality sports. It will be available at no additional cost to Virgin Media’s XL TV customers. Sports fans on Virgin Media’s M or L pack will be able to subscribe to ESPN and ESPN HD for £8 per month if they subscribe to any combination of the Sky Sports channels or £10 per month if not. press realse on channel 4 hd further down the page
Closed Thread