Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates Part 7
Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2013, 18:59   #2401
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I just wish they'd let me know one way or the other.
Indeed as there is nothing worse when things are up in the air.
Old 20-11-2013, 20:49   #2402
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I don't know how but my dipped headlight has gone, must have been caused by the bloody pothole I couldn't avoid.

I cannot get one before Friday at the earliest.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 20-11-2013, 21:05   #2403
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I don't know how but my dipped headlight has gone, must have been caused by the bloody pothole I couldn't avoid.

Have you thought about claiming from the council?...

http://www.potholes.co.uk/claims/how_to_claim

Old 20-11-2013, 21:05   #2404
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Hope it's not a HID
Old 21-11-2013, 11:37   #2405
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed as there is nothing worse when things are up in the air.
Well we just lost the bungalow so we at least know what's going on.
Old 21-11-2013, 13:19   #2406
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l am sorry to hear that news dilli and l do hope they can sort out a place which suits your needs totally.
Old 21-11-2013, 13:19   #2407
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Fingers crossed that another, more suitable, property come up very soon.

I assume you will still be high on the list as it wasn't you that turned down the property?
Old 22-11-2013, 16:31   #2408
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon UK and their "Expedited" delivery service via "Amazon Logistics"

I pre-ordered an Xbox One from Amazon back in September. The release date is today.

When I placed the pre-order, the estimated delivery date using free delivery was Monday 25th November.

So I changed the order to use "Expedited" delivery instead, which changed the estimated delivery to the release date: Today.

At some point after this, Amazon changed every pre-order delivery date to the 22nd November, even those with free delivery, so that everyone would get it on the release date.

However I stupidly left my order with "Expedited" delivery, just in case the free delivery encountered problems or was standard RM or something.

Big mistake...

My package's status became "out for delivery" at 08:16... over eight hours ago. That's all the information I have. There is no progress, no live tracking, nothing other than "out for delivery".

Meanwhile, many people I know who stuck with the free delivery from Amazon had theirs sent via DPD, and received them this morning.

DPD, unlike the so-called "Expedited" delivery, has full and detailed tracking information. You can see the progress at every stage, and you can see live tracking for the location of the van carrying your package and you can see where you are in the delivery queue for that van.

Some Googling suggests that "Amazon Logistics" is actually "APLE", used by Amazon for "Prime" deliveries as well as "Expedited" deliveries... further searching found many threads moaning about "Amazon Logistics" and "APLE", which seem to have a poor reputation to rival that of Yodel.

I contacted Amazon via their live chat, and was told that they have no additional tracking information and that it can be delivered any time through the day right up until 9pm. They did at least refund the delivery charge, though.

So, free delivery: receive it in the morning, with full and detailed tracking.

Paid-for "Expedited" delivery: nothing after over eight hours, with pathetically poor "tracking" information and no delivery window other than "all day up until 9pm".

As such I recommend others at CF steer clear of "Expedited" deliveries using "Amazon Logistics"...
Old 22-11-2013, 17:03   #2409
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

My hair has been falling out over the past week or so. I'm starting to look like my avatar!

Old 22-11-2013, 19:39   #2410
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Amazon UK and their "Expedited" delivery service via "Amazon Logistics"

I pre-ordered an Xbox One from Amazon back in September. The release date is today.

When I placed the pre-order, the estimated delivery date using free delivery was Monday 25th November.

So I changed the order to use "Expedited" delivery instead, which changed the estimated delivery to the release date: Today.

At some point after this, Amazon changed every pre-order delivery date to the 22nd November, even those with free delivery, so that everyone would get it on the release date.

However I stupidly left my order with "Expedited" delivery, just in case the free delivery encountered problems or was standard RM or something.

Big mistake...

My package's status became "out for delivery" at 08:16... over eight hours ago. That's all the information I have. There is no progress, no live tracking, nothing other than "out for delivery".

Meanwhile, many people I know who stuck with the free delivery from Amazon had theirs sent via DPD, and received them this morning.

DPD, unlike the so-called "Expedited" delivery, has full and detailed tracking information. You can see the progress at every stage, and you can see live tracking for the location of the van carrying your package and you can see where you are in the delivery queue for that van.

Some Googling suggests that "Amazon Logistics" is actually "APLE", used by Amazon for "Prime" deliveries as well as "Expedited" deliveries... further searching found many threads moaning about "Amazon Logistics" and "APLE", which seem to have a poor reputation to rival that of Yodel.

I contacted Amazon via their live chat, and was told that they have no additional tracking information and that it can be delivered any time through the day right up until 9pm. They did at least refund the delivery charge, though.

So, free delivery: receive it in the morning, with full and detailed tracking.

Paid-for "Expedited" delivery: nothing after over eight hours, with pathetically poor "tracking" information and no delivery window other than "all day up until 9pm".

As such I recommend others at CF steer clear of "Expedited" deliveries using "Amazon Logistics"...

Everyone should use DPD they in my experience rule lol they even text you an hour slot and give you options to change the day

Old 22-11-2013, 19:40   #2411
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

The supervisor I like most at my work placement is talking about quitting. Nothing against the other 2 supervisors, they are nice people but I get on best with this particular supervisor.

Complaining about the cost of travel, and the fact she is being blamed for rotas being changed when she doesn't use the computer systems.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:35   #2412
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Last week I hit a pothole that blew my dipped light.

Today I tried and failed to get the dam grill off, so that I means I had to put it back together.

Plus it started to rain

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 24-11-2013, 17:32   #2413
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Supervisor has applied for a job elsewhere, and I was her shoulder to cry on today as she was moaning about her boyfriend sponging off her. She got him a job in a new store that was opening (same company) and he got lippy with the manager who told him to get lost, now he is sitting around all day doing nothing whilst she works 30+ hours a week. She reckons she will be telling him to sling his hook when she gets home tonight.
Old 24-11-2013, 22:34   #2414
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Supervisor has applied for a job elsewhere, and I was her shoulder to cry on today as she was moaning about her boyfriend sponging off her. She got him a job in a new store that was opening (same company) and he got lippy with the manager who told him to get lost, now he is sitting around all day doing nothing whilst she works 30+ hours a week. She reckons she will be telling him to sling his hook when she gets home tonight.
An ex-work colleague had a boyfriend that was how this bloke sounds. We were on the 3rd floor and our fire exit was actually an aerial walkway that led to a staircase attached to the next building. Often, I'd go out on this walkway for a breath of fresh air (or as close as I could get in Woolwich). This walkway gave a good view of both the Uni entrance and the pavement outside the pub next door. When she was working (she was part time), her boyfriend would walk her to the entrance, then, when he thought no one was watching, he'd vanish in to the pub. They were living on whatever benefits he could claim, and the pittance paid to her by the Uni.

He was a actually a nice guy, and was funny, but in the several years I worked with her and she was with him, he only ever had a few jobs, and the longest one of them was only for a few weeks.

She did eventually see sense and dump him, which I think is possibly the best decision she has made as she is now happily married with a son. Sadly, although we stayed friends for years after she left the Uni, her husband doesn't like me (he told my friends as such). so I don't see her anymore.
Old 25-11-2013, 11:19   #2415
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Back from the opticians - I never thought I'd end up spending so much on glasses since I got registered blind.
This time I'm switching to prescription sunglasses so I can get a dark enough tint / polarised lenses.
£184 - if it was 'proper' glasses I'm sure it would be so much more
Closed Thread