Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 09-01-2015, 15:05   #2401
andylane1965
Inactive

andylane1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Ive decided to go with these as it seems to be the best option or would the same equipment be ok but just using a straight through hdmi on one output straight through from main room to closest bedroom about 20 feet and the rest using Ethernet connection due to distance??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-S...+hdmi+splitter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-P..._bxgy_ce_img_y

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-S..._bxgy_ce_img_z

Main thanks to Spiderplant for helping me in the right direction
andylane1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2015, 15:27   #2402
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Mine's been a bit slow as well. If it becomes a problem, you need to report it to Customer Services, as will I.

I have noticed a longer pause when changing between channels as well - it must be a Virgin fault somewhere, seeing that people a reporting it from different locations around the country with the same fault, just a coinsidence!
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 16:01   #2403
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
I have noticed a longer pause when changing between channels as well - it must be a Virgin fault somewhere, seeing that people a reporting it from different locations around the country with the same fault, just a coinsidence!
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...614849#M109188

Quote:
Apologies for the delay in getting to you on this. I have been doing some investigations around this. I can tell you that we are aware of this issue and it is currently being investigated by our Senior TiVoŽ team with the reference NKE5332.

We have found that regular reboots of the TiVoŽ will help hold this at bay until we can deploy a fix for this in a future update.
Old 09-01-2015, 20:23   #2404
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylane1965 View Post
Ive decided to go with these as it seems to be the best option or would the same equipment be ok but just using a straight through hdmi on one output straight through from main room to closest bedroom about 20 feet and the rest using Ethernet connection due to distance??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-S...+hdmi+splitter
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-P..._bxgy_ce_img_y
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-S..._bxgy_ce_img_z

Main thanks to Spiderplant for helping me in the right direction
I guess you missed this one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-E...bxgy_ce_text_y

20 feet isn't that long for HDMI, so should be OK. But may be wise to buy it from somewhere with a no-quibble money back guarantee, just in case.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 20:31   #2405
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

The slow channel change hasn't been as bad for last couple of days but playback of recorded programmes is getting worse, freezing for a several seconds , restarting with lots of pixcellation. it has become a real pain trying to watch anything pre recorded.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:57   #2406
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
The slow channel change hasn't been as bad for last couple of days but playback of recorded programmes is getting worse, freezing for a several seconds , restarting with lots of pixcellation. it has become a real pain trying to watch anything pre recorded.
From an answer to this problem on the VM community forums it sounds like we will need a tech out and possibly a box swap.

Live TV is fine but any and every recording is now freezing for up to 10 seconds, total loss of audio and severe pixcellation when it restarts. This is happening to new recordings or much older ones.

Not that bothered about a box swap but the missus will be vexed, around 50 hours of recorded programmes, all hers.
Old 11-01-2015, 13:39   #2407
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

20 feet isn't that long for HDMI, so should be OK. But may be wise to buy it from somewhere with a no-quibble money back guarantee, just in case.
Thought this may be of interest:

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2015/01/1...mputer-cables/
tassiekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 19:12   #2408
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:

Can something like this work through a router? My set up has a router in the living room which is connected to the Superhub. From the router I have a either net cable that runs from the living room to the bedroom which plugs into another router which allows me to have a really good wireless signal in the bedroom and plug in stuff via cable if needed.

So I would want to plug a HMDI cable into one of these, ethernet cable into the router and then ethernet cable from the router in the bedroom into another one of these boxes and then HDMI into my TV?
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 21:27   #2409
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

They don't work through a Switch so they won't work through a Router
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 23:33   #2410
greenfox
Inactive

greenfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Blank screen on rebooting from TV remote

My Tivo box has been acting strange for the last couple of months. I have not made any changes to equipment i.e. not changed Tivo settings, removed or replaced HDMI leads. I never switch on or off into standby the Tivo box from the remote, I use TV (Sony) remote to switch on, but sometimes, not every time, just get blank screen. I'm stumped on this. Tivo box is only 1 year old. Anyone shed any light on the problem please.
greenfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 05:52   #2411
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Only thought I can come up with is that the TiVo is on a radio channel as it has a black screen. If that's not it then I have no idea.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 08:22   #2412
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen this occasionally, changing channel seems to cure it.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 09:00   #2413
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

My box has definitely corpsed, confirmed by remote access that the hard drive is failing. I am now sat in front of it waiting for the VM tech to arrive. It has now decided to constantly reboot, each reboot is taking about 20 to 30 minutes, it then stays on for about five minutes before going of again.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:18   #2414
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Blank screen on rebooting from TV remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfox View Post
My Tivo box has been acting strange for the last couple of months. I have not made any changes to equipment i.e. not changed Tivo settings, removed or replaced HDMI leads. I never switch on or off into standby the Tivo box from the remote, I use TV (Sony) remote to switch on, but sometimes, not every time, just get blank screen. I'm stumped on this. Tivo box is only 1 year old. Anyone shed any light on the problem please.
It's probably an incompatibility between the TiVo software and your TV. It's quite common with Sony TVs. Check Sony's website to see if a firmware update is available for the TV.

If that doesn't fix it, you might be able to prevent it happening by putting the TiVo into standby before you turn the TV off.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 13:54   #2415
greenfox
Inactive

greenfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Blank screen on rebooting from TV remote

Quote:
It's probably an incompatibility between the TiVo software and your TV. It's quite common with Sony TVs. Check Sony's website to see if a firmware update is available for the TV.

If that doesn't fix it, you might be able to prevent it happening by putting the TiVo into standby before you turn the TV off.
Thanks for the responses. I'll give them a go.
greenfox is offline   Reply With Quote