Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 29-09-2016, 16:39   #2386
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don't you find that it also picks up a lot of stuff you are not really interested in as well? That wouldn't be good if your hard drive is 95% full and you've set some recordings in HD!
We are very clear about the definitions we set in our Wishlists and up to now its generally picked most things up.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Magazine how 1990's

On Sky Q I use Top Picks and New Series beats purchasing a magazine.
Christ if you remember the 1990's so vividly old bean you must be getting older then me by now.

Last edited by denphone; 29-09-2016 at 16:57.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2016, 19:54   #2387
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

We had had a rumour that bbc store will be launching on vm in 2017. This will be in form of a app.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 20:02   #2388
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Ha ha just joking whatever works for you.
I also buy a tv guide as I find it easier to find what's on than the EPG.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 20:12   #2389
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
We had had a rumour that bbc store will be launching on vm in 2017. This will be in form of a app.
Unlikely l would say.
Old 29-09-2016, 20:29   #2390
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Unlikely l would say.
i dunno bud the bbc store app is popping up on quite a few devices now i believe it will be on youview soon too it just showed up on my windows 10 pc too and my android tv box.
Old 29-09-2016, 21:57   #2391
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Unlikely l would say.
Why do you say that, Den? I think we will be getting more apps coming down the line than channels, the way things are going.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 22:35   #2392
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

... but realistically, how many apps can be launched that will actually be used?

The main ones are BBC Iplayer, ITV Hub, All4, MyFive, Now TV, Netflix and Amazon and that's really it. There are some others like Talktalk's one, Wuaki, some carrying trailers and others carrying old films. So, perhaps a dozen in total.

Will anyone seriously use more than a dozen apps all of which have to be loaded separately and all with their own separate interfaces/menus? I don't think so.

The whole point of a provider such as VM is that you use all the services through one interface, their menus, rather than separate services. Whatever happened to that....?
Old 29-09-2016, 23:17   #2393
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
... but realistically, how many apps can be launched that will actually be used?

The main ones are BBC Iplayer, ITV Hub, All4, MyFive, Now TV, Netflix and Amazon and that's really it. There are some others like Talktalk's one, Wuaki, some carrying trailers and others carrying old films. So, perhaps a dozen in total.

Will anyone seriously use more than a dozen apps all of which have to be loaded separately and all with their own separate interfaces/menus? I don't think so.

The whole point of a provider such as VM is that you use all the services through one interface, their menus, rather than separate services. Whatever happened to that....?
technology moved on unlike vm
Old 29-09-2016, 23:49   #2394
jj20x

Quote:
Unlikely l would say.
I would have thought it would be unlikely if it had followed the traditional method of purchase and download to keep. BBC Store, however, seems to be more about purchasing content, storing it in a BBC Locker and streaming it to multiple devices on demand. As such it would seem an ideal addition to TiVo.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

Quote:
technology moved on unlike vm
VM will always resist rapid updates to new technology, they have to remain compatible with the 1000s of legacy boxes already in use.
Old 30-09-2016, 00:29   #2395
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
It makes sense to me, I can see this app becoming nearly as popular as iPlayer.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 00:33   #2396
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It makes sense to me, I can see this app becoming nearly as popular as iPlayer.
i've had a browse on it and there some great stuff on it not too badly priced either, as already mention the bbc store keepsu your content in a cloud locker which would suite vms model and vision.
Old 30-09-2016, 06:06   #2397
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Why do you say that, Den? I think we will be getting more apps coming down the line than channels, the way things are going.
Hundreds l will imagine will be arriving pretty soon OB if history is a guide.
Old 30-09-2016, 08:06   #2398
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Hundreds l will imagine will be arriving pretty soon OB if history is a guide.
Of that I have no doubt, Den.

There are hundreds of them on the Roku, mostly American of course, but I think it is only a matter of time before more British material starts to appear.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 11:22   #2399
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Of that I have no doubt, Den.

There are hundreds of them on the Roku, mostly American of course, but I think it is only a matter of time before more British material starts to appear.
To be fair most of them are pointless crap on the roku, the most recent good one on roku (usa) is the cw app.
The network ones such as fox,syfy,hbogo,showtime,foxsport,nbcsport etc are very good then you get pointless ones like worship tv or dogtv lol.
Old 30-09-2016, 11:34   #2400
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
To be fair most of them are pointless crap on the roku, the most recent good one on roku (usa) is the cw app.
The network ones such as fox,syfy,hbogo,showtime,foxsport,nbcsport etc are very good then you get pointless ones like worship tv or dogtv lol.
Yes, Roku strikes me a bit like the web - some good sites out there but plenty of poor quality DIY apps that don't contribute anything.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote