Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Old 03-02-2014, 15:00   #226
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Believe me she is. No one in the estate speaks to her as she has fell out with everyone not kidding, even all her family members have disowned her, my eldest son studied sociology and thinks she has antisocial personality disorder as all the stuff he has read about she seems to do. Hubby is taking the day off work on Friday as I do not to be here when it all kicks off and believe me they will make a scene, whereas I would get upset my husband will just sit back quietly and watch the fireworks from afar...as my neighbour has truly had the wind taken from her sails as they knew nothing about us getting a lawyer & boundary survey so this would have come as a shock to them much the same as the one I had when I found VM cable in my property...
Old 03-02-2014, 17:40   #227
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

can i just ask can your neighbour get VM through her garden? or was it that she can but did not want the cable buried in her garden ?

thanks
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 17:50   #228
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Yes she can and she did not want the cable installed in her garden which in my opinion suited VM as going via my garden was the easy option as my front garden is open plan and loose soil, bare in mind she told VM my garden was her land. Neighbours words to VM field manager was that she still wanted the service but the cable to remain in my property...that is what he said to me and my husband...This was a situation we were forced into and we could sit back and let someone make claim on our land ...
Old 03-02-2014, 17:57   #229
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
CABLE GETTING REMOVED THIS WEEK BY FRIDAY
Good to hear at long last
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 18:16   #230
insulatorpotty
Inactive

insulatorpotty is an unknown quantity at this point

well done, as has been said, i would love to see the look on your neighbours face on friday. bet she has a change of heart about having the cable on her land when the pennt finally drops!!
insulatorpotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 18:19   #231
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

its either have the cable on her land or dont have Virgin

thanks for the reply
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 18:39   #232
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgey View Post
its either have the cable on her land or dont have Virgin

thanks for the reply
NB and at the end of the day it is not my decision if they do not have VM, I am not the one stopping the supply to them if they decide they no longer want the service because the cable needs to go through their property...quite funny when you think about it....At the end of day I will be to blame for wanting the cable removed from my property two words to my neighbour cable trespass although I could think of another two for them
bye cable...
Old 03-02-2014, 19:31   #233
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Just a thought but if she has only recently taken out her VM contract and tries to cancel because she does not want the cable to sully her garden I do hope VM press her to pay through the nose to cancel her services.
Old 03-02-2014, 19:33   #234
tizmeinnit

excellent news. Make sure you recover your legal costs non of this is your fault and you should not have to pay
Old 03-02-2014, 19:49   #235
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
excellent news. Make sure you recover your legal costs non of this is your fault and you should not have to pay
To be honest I am just glad it is all over, but I might send Tom Mockridge Chief Executive a email asking why this happened in the first place but do not really know if I want more stress as this really did send me with a mixture of emotions from really annoyed to really sad and down I mean really low, I do not think it helped with being the Christmas period
but once again a big thank you for all your advice some of your comments made me laugh when I needed a wee lift so thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 19:55   #236
tizmeinnit

I would see the fact they are removing it as admission of fault a small claims court would easy give it you and chances are VM would settle before it even went to court otherwise it will cost them more but its your choice
Old 03-02-2014, 19:56   #237
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
To be honest I am just glad it is all over, but I might send Tom Mockridge Chief Executive a email asking why this happened in the first place but do not really know if I want more stress as this really did send me with a mixture of emotions from really annoyed to really sad and down I mean really low, I do not think it helped with being the Christmas period
but once again a big thank you for all your advice some of your comments made me laugh when I needed a wee lift so thanks
Well done!

(If you contact Virgin I don't think they can say much more than that they were misinformed by your neighbour.)
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 19:57   #238
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Just a thought but if she has only recently taken out her VM contract and tries to cancel because she does not want the cable to sully her garden I do hope VM press her to pay through the nose to cancel her services.
I hope so too and if not charge them with having to move the cable
Old 03-02-2014, 20:04   #239
Mr.Lemming
Inactive

Services: Tivo, 20mb BB, V+
Mr.Lemming will become famous soon enoughMr.Lemming will become famous soon enoughMr.Lemming will become famous soon enough

Without having to read every single page of this thread… Who's cable was it.. its gone from Virgin to BT's and back to Virgin again from what I can see..
Mr.Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 20:12   #240
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I would see the fact they are removing it as admission of fault a small claims court would easy give it you and chances are VM would settle before it even went to court otherwise it will cost them more but its your choice
TBH I could not deal with the stress, I barely coped with this ... just glad it is over I need closure on this ... roll on Friday cannot wait

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Lemming View Post
Without having to read every single page of this thread… Who's cable was it.. its gone from Virgin to BT's and back to Virgin again from what I can see..
Not with me it has always been VM. My first post is on page 10 and the date was 23/12/13...