Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 14-10-2012, 19:37   #2371
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

same issue yet again, may as well say it's the norm now, speed down to 43 down 5.9 up, 53ms ping on a normally perfect 105/10 connection, unacceptable that VM has said nothing.

getting errors trying to look at youtube intermittently, 503 service unavailable and 502 (Bad Gateway): The gateway or proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2012, 19:49   #2372
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efour View Post
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...31bc34298.html

this is terrible..... completely rubbish gaming has been rubbish for over a week.... Another complete VM fail???

Still i cant get FTTC.....

look at the jitter on this... its incredible its all over the place..... I've had a good connection since the last segmentation for less than a whole year...
I think you have problems in addition to the blip. I would register that as a fault.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 20:14   #2373
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Mr. S over on TBB was asking about other routes so I did a pathping to bbc.co.uk around 18:00 and again around 20:00. I fully expected to see a deterioration but there is none - for me at least. I'm not actually using the connection actively so not sure if anything is running slowly as I just accessed home remotely to do the pathpings.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 20:31   #2374
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Mr. S over on TBB was asking about other routes so I did a pathping to bbc.co.uk around 18:00 and again around 20:00. I fully expected to see a deterioration but there is none - for me at least. I'm not actually using the connection actively so not sure if anything is running slowly as I just accessed home remotely to do the pathpings.
the BBC route is unaffected, run the ping to pingbox1.thinkbroadband.com
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 20:36   #2375
Skullcap
Inactive

Services: 50MB VIP
Skullcap is an unknown quantity at this point

Not got one of the think broadband ping monitor screenies, but connection since 7pm today and yesterday dropped fro m 105/10 like mentioned above down into the 22-35/1-2 range, MS has gone from 25 usual to between 95-108ms.

Youtube vids are buffering all the time, getting connection reset with server errors while browsing and bad gateway ones aswell, steam is also flagging up "no connection" frequently.

Was fine to yesterday to, so looks like something over this weekend has reared its ugly head and bollucked up the network. I'm in the TS19 area to and I've seen mention of it from multiple different other postcodes in the UK thus far.

Also, its somewhat funny, but the issue has arisen in October, which conviently follows a pattern of last october also having high ms issues to the point it forced me out of being able to use World of Warcraft due to ms not going below 5000ms between 7-midnight and the following year prior, not playing WoW these days, but I find it awefully supicious the issues arise in October for a 3rd year running.
Skullcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 21:04   #2376
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

If anyone knows of a popular Video series or another similar high bandwidth service which launches at 6pm every night that may shed some light on why the bandwidth is being saturated
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 21:17   #2377
jamonymo
Inactive

Services: 100mb virgin media tivo
jamonymo is an unknown quantity at this point

bad services for 6 months like this

January - august

got it fixed after from months of phone call 30 engineers and so on but they fixed it

august - October

loving it but nowhere we go again

october

what is up with this rip of company this is robbery some one needs to go to wachdog ot trading standerds
jamonymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 21:26   #2378
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
If anyone knows of a popular Video series or another similar high bandwidth service which launches at 6pm every night that may shed some light on why the bandwidth is being saturated
combination of popular services and VM failing to adapt.

xbox live
iplayer
sky go
youtube
netflix
4OD
PSN
steam

right now downloading a DLC of xbox live at 4mbit/sec.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 22:10   #2379
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Totally screwed tonight!
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 02:13   #2380
Efour
Inactive

Efour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I think you have problems in addition to the blip. I would register that as a fault.
They dont do a thing... Im hoping that some hardware on my loop gets replaced on my loop somethings obviously chronically overloaded or repeating itself too much.

my double speed has been postponed til `13 its clear the area cant cope in its current state.
Efour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 06:34   #2381
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
I would love to blame this all on TBB; I too find pings to most other servers unaffected anywhere on the route. However, there are so many negative service issues during the blip we can be certain this is a VM network problem.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 06:58   #2382
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

They flicked the switch at 7.00pm to the on postion then flicked it again to off at 10.30

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 08:30   #2383
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

I have send a email to neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk about this :/
Old 15-10-2012, 12:08   #2384
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Funny how there's one glitch on one ping monitor service and all of a sudden everyone's blaming all their connection speed problems on it?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 13:31   #2385
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

I got a email back from ceo

--------------------------------------
Good morning Mr Doyle,

I'm working with Neil's office on this, from the data you've provided and some of our network monitoring it does look like we may have a network issue with our transit / peering links that the networks team are working on at present as a matter of urgency.

We'll let you know how we get on - many thanks for the report and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Many thanks

Alex

Alex Brown
Head of Broadband Product Experience
Virgin Media