Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2013, 22:42   #2296
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase001 View Post
Do Liberty Global have their own 'NetFlix/LoveFilm' offering. They must have the customer base now to make this viable?

If so could it come to the XL package?
I've just signed up for my free trial at Netflix.... boy is it good!

Netflix as part of XL would be a massive coup for Virgin Media. Such a good alternative to SKY Movies.

I'm a convert, Netflix is the future!!!
Advertisement
Old 30-08-2013, 23:11   #2297
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Netflix as part of XL would be a massive coup for Virgin Media. Such a good alternative to SKY Movies.

You can get a free week trial of Unblockus; If you think UK Netflix is good, you'll be blown away when you can access all regions.

http://www.unblock-us.com/
Old 30-08-2013, 23:15   #2298
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You can get a free week trial of Unblockus; If you think UK Netflix is good, you'll be blown away when you can access all regions.

http://www.unblock-us.com/
Looks good however I'm mainly enjoying Netflix via my Smart TV
Old 30-08-2013, 23:19   #2299
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Looks good however I'm mainly enjoying Netflix via my Smart TV

You should still be able to use unblockus with your smart TV.

http://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/
Old 31-08-2013, 00:08   #2300
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

you can use unblock-us on yer smart tv,i use it on pc`s,laptops,tablets,moby as well

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

and brazil gets the films early if you dont mind the subtitles and if you have 3d tv the usa site as a few on there to,Not to mention a load of shows we dont get over here
Old 31-08-2013, 08:14   #2301
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You should still be able to use unblockus with your smart TV.

http://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/
why pay for unblockus when you use http://tunlr.net/ for free!
Old 31-08-2013, 08:44   #2302
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Netflix technology knocks spots off the traditional pay TV providers , its available on so many devices around your house its truly flexible with content bookmarking allowing you to continue were you left off on a previous device. The technology is continually evolving with new features all the time such as my list , profiles etc.

If adding Netflix and Lovefilm to a pay TV providers STB is such a good idea I wonder why nobody has done it to date ?
Old 31-08-2013, 09:07   #2303
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Netflix technology knocks spots off the traditional pay TV providers , its available on so many devices around your house its truly flexible with content bookmarking allowing you to continue were you left off on a previous device. The technology is continually evolving with new features all the time such as my list , profiles etc.

If adding Netflix and Lovefilm to a pay TV providers STB is such a good idea I wonder why nobody has done it to date ?
its because Sky are afraid of the competitiion, thus buying roku out. Virgin has said it would love it but netfiix but ive got a feeling were still running old software especially when tivo america is on version 20.2.1.1 and running dual cores - wait isn't ours still disabled?
Old 31-08-2013, 09:31   #2304
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
its because Sky are afraid of the competitiion, thus buying roku out. Virgin has said it would love it but netfiix but ive got a feeling were still running old software especially when tivo america is on version 20.2.1.1 and running dual cores - wait isn't ours still disabled?
I'd say reacting to the competition , they didn't buy Roku out they made an investment in it. Now TV is a great idea however sadly at the moment its too expensive and the technology behind it pales into insignificance when compared to Netflix that said its an evolving product and I'm sure the tech and pricing will improve.

I still think there's an element of risk for a pay TV provider adding Netflix to its platform sure the sports fans will stay loyal to traditional pay TV however there's many others who could trial the likes of Lovefilm/Netflix on the pay TV STB and decide it offers them enough when combined with freeview.
Old 31-08-2013, 10:03   #2305
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Are Sky boxes capable of streaming Netflix? Isn't this why they have progressive download on demand?

I think for VM, Netflix is a sensible investment and would eventually stop them needing to pay out for their own on demand library and stick with catch up only. I'm sure the current non catch up on demand comes out of what's left after channels have been paid so it could easily be better to allow Netflix to become the On Demand broker. Obviously this wouldn't work for legacy boxes
Old 31-08-2013, 12:20   #2306
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
Virgin has said it would love it but netfiix but ive got a feeling were still running old software especially when tivo america is on version 20.2.1.1 and running dual cores - wait isn't ours still disabled?

The Tivo software that VM Tivo runs on is based on the Premier and that has a Netflix app, so I see no reason why it couldn't be added to VM Tivo.

A new Netflix player was added to Tivo in May 2012, and assuming VM eventually add the new HD menu screens to Tivo in the next update, I don't see why that new Tivo Netflix app couldn't also be added if VM plan to add Netflix.

http://www.techofthehub.com/2012/05/...on-review.html
Old 31-08-2013, 12:36   #2307
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

I have a V+HD BOX, would netflix work on it thanks
Old 31-08-2013, 12:38   #2308
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue666666 View Post
I have a V+HD BOX, would netflix work on it thanks
Nope
Old 31-08-2013, 12:47   #2309
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Nope
well look like i'll have too upgrade then cheers
Old 31-08-2013, 13:02   #2310
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue666666 View Post
well look like i'll have too upgrade then cheers :http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/im...es/tongue.gif:
Check this out mate http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/mi...do=showsmilies
Closed Thread