Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 15-01-2013, 10:06   #2236
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Perhaps they are missing Tivo, decent broadband speeds and a fantastic cable forum community
Old 15-01-2013, 10:28   #2237
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
If you calmed down and read my posts properly you would see the following comment i made

"MMM so is it just VM who place misleading adverts and before you start I agree they do" - that is me agreeing that VM's adverts are mislding

On a later post I mention the fact that their are I hate Sky forums - I also go on to say their are similar forums about Virgin

All I am doing is trying to point out that all providers have their issues, however you are acting like the typical playground bully who has to resort to name calling when they can't get their own way.

Yes you are now a Sky customer and your world is a better place, however just as many people have issues with Sky as they do with VM, which you don't seem to be able to see.
Rewind.....this thread is about virgins double speeds. My post yesterday was about virgins double speed. It was you who dived in and mentioned sky to give them grief, i never mentioned them. You seem intent on talking about sky when we are talking about virgin. Then you want to claim name calling when you have blatantly done the same to me in other threads. The badge fits you well.

As you know I was a virgin customer for many years and only disconnected last month. Yet you want to claim I have no right to be here? Maybe suggest to the owners of this site out up a sign saying "virgin customers only" and come back and point me out after. Until then live with it.

Where was we before you took things off topic....oh yeah, some virgin customers have to wait another 6 months to get the double upload speeds announced a year ago which is what this thread is about
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:31   #2238
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

And the original announcement back in January 12 said the roll-out would be completed in mid 2013, which is approx. six months time, so I don't understand your point about "some virgin customers have to wait another 6 months"...

You appear to be agreeing with the VM Marketing Department.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:52   #2239
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Perhaps they are missing Tivo, decent broadband speeds and a fantastic cable forum community
Certainly not missing the inferior broadband virgin provided lol. Happy with the STB box I have now and from all the reviews from those that have had the Tivo and Sky box, the Sky box comes slightly ahead

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And the original announcement back in January 12 said the roll-out would be completed in mid 2013, which is approx. six months time, so I don't understand your point about "some virgin customers have to wait another 6 months"...
You don't read to well for a moderator Hugh

A few posts back I said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Oh i'm not doubting they made it clear this time as there were a few complaints regarding the original upload speed upgrade timescale which said 'over summer' or something similar and then ended up being the summer after. So no complaint for me that their press release said these upgrades would be over 18 months. Was just expressing my sorrow for those still waiting
My original post that started the anti-sky comments (when nothing to do with sky), which clearly show me saying to spare a thought for those still waiting.

Quote:
The double speed upgrade was announced over a year ago....spare a thought for the poor customers who will have to wait yet another half a year to actually get it, making it a year and a half wait.
The replies in this last few pages show the heavy bias and bullying in this forum. Kind of reputation that keeps people away. Great way to scare non-conformers away and keep the forum one sided and safe from the outside world. Something the mods and forum owners should have a good think about imo, and get rid of the mods that enable this behaviour.
Old 15-01-2013, 10:54   #2240
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

So.....

Not totally agreeing with you in everything you say is "heavy bias and bullying"?

If you (or anyone) believes some mods are not acting appropriately, may I suggest you contact the site owners (Mick or Paul M) with the details of your issue, and I am sure they will deal with it appropriately.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 11:30   #2241
Mr Banana

Quote:
Rewind.....this thread is about virgins double speeds. My post yesterday was about virgins double speed. It was you who dived in and mentioned sky to give them grief, i never mentioned them. You seem intent on talking about sky when we are talking about virgin. Then you want to claim name calling when you have blatantly done the same to me in other threads. The badge fits you well.

As you know I was a virgin customer for many years and only disconnected last month. Yet you want to claim I have no right to be here? Maybe suggest to the owners of this site out up a sign saying "virgin customers only" and come back and point me out after. Until then live with it.

Where was we before you took things off topic....oh yeah, some virgin customers have to wait another 6 months to get the double upload speeds announced a year ago which is what this thread is about
Doesn't matter which topic I have posted in - this overall forum is littered with your posts which are all negative against VM - end of. As many posters are saying - not sure why you continue posting - we get the message -YOU do not like VM - however, a lot of people do.
Old 15-01-2013, 11:46   #2242
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Doesn't matter which topic I have posted in - this overall forum is littered with your posts which are all negative against VM - end of. As many posters are saying - not sure why you continue posting - we get the message -YOU do not like VM - however, a lot of people do.
Again you turn it around to deflect what you did in this thread to start off the arguments. Read it again and you will see how you jumped on me after I said to spare a thought for those still waiting for their double speed upgrade.

You have posted anti-sky posts all over the forum and in the other isp's section too. As I said, people in glass houses. At least my posts are relevant to the topic instead of some random arsed rant.

Your motive for wanting positive posts about virgin is monetry, you have admitted that. It is your problem if you lose money if Virgin does not do so well, don't try and palm the blame off on to someone who expresses their educated views from being a customer.
Old 15-01-2013, 11:58   #2243
Mr Banana

Quote:
Again you turn it around to deflect what you did in this thread to start off the arguments. Read it again and you will see how you jumped on me after I said to spare a thought for those still waiting for their double speed upgrade.

You have posted anti-sky posts all over the forum and in the other isp's section too. As I said, people in glass houses. At least my posts are relevant to the topic instead of some random arsed rant.

Your motive for wanting positive posts about virgin is monetry, you have admitted that. It is your problem if you lose money if Virgin does not do so well, don't try and palm the blame off on to someone who expresses their educated views from being a customer.
My posts point out that Sky are as bad a Virgin according to a number of Sky customers - is that anti Sky?
Old 15-01-2013, 12:58   #2244
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
My posts point out that Sky are as bad a Virgin according to a number of Sky customers - is that anti Sky?
Was me posting the fact that some customers are still waiting for their double speed upgrade (in a virgin double speed no less) anti-vm?

I think its time you owned up if you are employed by Virgin media or have some close involvement with them, just so everyone can see your real motives.

A random post of you going all anti-sky on someone else posting about virgin in another thread which took me all of 2 seconds to find....keep in mind YOU are the common factor here:

Spoiler: 
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

What is your VM connection? VM public image maintainer? Lets see you be transparent.

Spoiler: 

Old 15-01-2013, 13:08   #2245
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
I agree, his posts are repetitive and boring
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 13:54   #2246
Mr Banana

Quote:
Was me posting the fact that some customers are still waiting for their double speed upgrade (in a virgin double speed no less) anti-vm?

I think its time you owned up if you are employed by Virgin media or have some close involvement with them, just so everyone can see your real motives.

A random post of you going all anti-sky on someone else posting about virgin in another thread which took me all of 2 seconds to find....keep in mind YOU are the common factor here:

Spoiler: 

What is your VM connection? VM public image maintainer? Lets see you be transparent.

Spoiler: 

The 2nd post nothing to do with me and simply someone using the term Top Banana which is clearly plain to see?

Please do not try to make out that I am something I am not - I have pointed out before, I am a shareholder and know some people who work in the organisation - nothing more.

For most people my motives are clear - if someone wants to know something, if I know someone who can help - I will point them in the right direction.

If someone points out that there provider is better than VM - I will point out that all businesses in this space have similar issues, if you look closely at the first link you posted thats exactly what my reply does. It points out that a number of Sky employees are unhappy with their employer as well as VM

Why do you have a problem with that?
Old 15-01-2013, 14:16   #2247
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
however just as many people have issues with Sky as they do with VM, which you don't seem to be able to see.
Why argue with each other , the figures are available in OFCOMs latest report

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2012/12/04...ls-revealed-2/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 14:41   #2248
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Because some people are endemically hell bent on arguing because its in the nature of the beast MM.
Old 15-01-2013, 15:55   #2249
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Can any one say with any degree of certainty if this is around what the industry would expect
Old 15-01-2013, 17:42   #2250
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Can any one say with any degree of certainty if this is around what the industry would expect
What I think muppet was trying to say is that rotten banana can claim that customers of other isp's are unhappy too but the actual facts by ofcom from asking customers show that Virgin are pretty much at the bottom when it comes to dissatisfaction from customers. Sky customers being the most satisfied is another statistic that can be seen.

The point is these are industry facts, compared to someone arguing an opinion we know to be wrong. No need to argue, just admit defeat.