Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2008 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2008 Season

Old 02-11-2008, 19:18   #211
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Formula 1 2008 Season

Glock, German...Mercedes German.. Hmmm, I wonder.

What a heart stopper.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2008, 19:19   #212
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

That was the best F1 race this year, if not ever

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:20   #213
laptopsrd
Inactive

laptopsrd is an unknown quantity at this point

What else can be said other than "well done lewis!" and can someone call me an ambulance! What an emotional last few laps that was!
laptopsrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:24   #214
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

For those that missed the ITV video montage to celebrate ITV's F1 coverage over the years it's been posted on YOUTUBE
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:24   #215
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Excellent result, my wife was in tears (she can be emotional)
Glock is officially on my christmas card list for this year. Buy that man a pint.

Well done Lewis, a deserved championship. Well done Mercedes Mclaren for giving us a new champion that doesnt wear red. Goodbye ITV and those infernal adverts. Hello to the BBC the true home of F1.

EDIT

Gotta add this as one of the funniest moments of ITV F1 coverage

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlyQ9vjQGI
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:32   #216
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Would love to hear what the official line on what happened to Glock is.....
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:37   #217
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

That was officially the best finish to a championship I've ever watched. Even getting up at 4am to watch Damon Hill in '96 as a wee lad take it can't compare to this. That was epic stuff. I couldn't stop shaking, so I went for a kebab and I'll be having a very stiff drink to calm myself before Top Gear. Brilliant race to watch, and definitely one for keeps.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:41   #218
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

Woo! Fantastic. Brilliantly enjoyable, a good season I felt, shame about the cheating and politics on Massa and Ferraris part which otherwise spoiled a pretty good season. A massive shame we're saying goodbye to ITV but maybe BBC HD may have a Damascus road conversion.
demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:44   #219
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm celebrating that ITV has gone.

Bring on "the chain"

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 02-11-2008, 19:46   #220
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

They definitely bringing it back?
demented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:50   #221
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

What's "The Chain" ?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:53   #222
johnnyposs
Baldie Bouncer

Services: 10mb BB
johnnyposs has a spectacular aura about themjohnnyposs has a spectacular aura about themjohnnyposs has a spectacular aura about themjohnnyposs has a spectacular aura about them

It's The theme music by Fleetwood Mac
johnnyposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 19:55   #223
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Looking at the replay Glock was going really slow with Vettel, Lewis and a back marker (I think Kubica) overtaking him before the line...
both toyota's stayed on dry tyres which had done a decent amount of laps so were worn probably. Add in the rain and they couldn't grip the track. Both toyota's put in 1.44.xxx lap times at the end.
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 20:13   #224
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
What's "The Chain" ?

Its on the closing minute of the track. Awesome bit of music.

look it up.

Old 02-11-2008, 20:15   #225
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Well done Lewis Hamilton - an exceptional driver and (unlike some of those highly paid footballers) a pretty good role model I'd say!

History made
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote