Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 26-11-2014, 09:37   #2221
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

My experience also. I can only assume that now all TiVos have the update that it will be tweaked to get rid of these annoyances.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2014, 09:43   #2222
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well after the initial pilot update where things were perfectly fast and responsive our boxes seem to be getting slower and slower in the last week or so and l hope this improves soon as this is not what l expected.
Old 26-11-2014, 10:09   #2223
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Utter pile of crap. Soon as get price rise letter were off. Will keep BB only.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 10:10   #2224
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well after the initial pilot update where things were perfectly fast and responsive our boxes seem to be getting slower and slower in the last week or so and l hope this improves soon as this is not what l expected.
Den I have to agree , our Tivo is slowing down at times it feels like it needs winding up. My Three year old Panasonic freeview box is lightening fast in comparison.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 10:15   #2225
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
All 3 of mine are painfully slow since the update. Pressing play in My Shows gives a black screen for 5 or 6 seconds, used to be a second or two.
And button presses don't register right away anymore.
it is the same for my TiVo, so slow now. using my tv remote to work it, the TiVo is just as slow. I have reset the box too.
cj136uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 10:35   #2226
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Too many gimmicks/apps on it that few use, all slows it down. VMs other boxes/Sky/Freeview are lightning quick in comparison. Most people just want to watch/record TV on their TV boxes (weird I know...)
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 11:06   #2227
spj20016
cf.addict

Services: Virgin media VIP
spj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nicespj20016 is just really nice

The last technician that came told me the Tivo is slow because it has so much information to process.
spj20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 11:31   #2228
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Spider & Ben... seems there's a good few problems with slow TIVO's after the update.

Would be great if u lads could pass the worries/issues onto your TIVO tech dept.
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 11:55   #2229
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough

Surely that means it's the total number of users overloading the servers that is the issue here?
cj136uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 12:48   #2230
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Who did they get to trial this new guide, a bunch of blind people?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 12:50   #2231
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Spider & Ben... seems there's a good few problems with slow TIVO's after the update. Would be great if u lads could pass the worries/issues onto your TIVO tech dept.
I am keeping a close eye on this thread, but I'm not aware of anything specific. If you could provide timings (or, better still, put an unlisted video on YouTube and PM me a link) that would help. Also let me know if it speeds up after a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj136uk View Post
Surely that means it's the total number of users overloading the servers that is the issue here?
The servers may be a factor sometimes (especially in the VOD menus), but most user interactions don't use a server.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 12:57   #2232
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I'd like to think the new software was written to work well with the current hardware.

The VM TiVo must be around 4 or 5 years old by now, could this be a factor? Is the software too advanced for the hardware?

This speed issue does need to be sorted if they want to stay ahead of the game, we have seen the Sky HD box catch up with functionality this year (recently deleted folder & set once series links)
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 13:05   #2233
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The TIVO definitely needs to run more smoothly than it does at present, and the BBC i-Player needs fixing.

I used to be proud to show off my Tivo but it can be a bit embarrassing at times now when waiting for it to respond.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 13:09   #2234
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

MODS

Please could we have a new thread for the TIVO problems many people are experiencing?

Spider would like specific details, times etc and i don't think we want to clog up any other thread with it.

If others think this is not necessary then so be it...just a suggestion
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 14:04   #2235
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
MODS

Please could we have a new thread for the TIVO problems many people are experiencing?

Spider would like specific details, times etc and i don't think we want to clog up any other thread with it.

If others think this is not necessary then so be it...just a suggestion
To my mind this is the most pressing problem for discussion about TiVo at the moment.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote