Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2015, 20:59   #2101
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenryashley View Post
What a bummer.
P.I.A is blocking my BBC iPlayer.
Smart dns are working fine take a free 7 day trial of unblock-us to tie you over until PIA sort things out, ibvpn have got some iplayer working again on some of their uk servers.
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2015, 21:05   #2102
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Smart dns are working fine take a free 7 day trial of unblock-us to tie you over until PIA sort things out, ibvpn have got some iplayer working again on some of their uk servers.
Thanks mate.
Old 20-10-2015, 15:01   #2103
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

UKTV Launches On-Demand App UKTV Play On Amazon Fire

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/10/uktv...n-amazon-fire/
Old 20-10-2015, 15:41   #2104
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

Only Nowtv and All4 left now really.
Old 20-10-2015, 16:16   #2105
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Only Nowtv and All4 left now really.
Agreed; not sure if Now TV will ever turn up though.

I had a quick play with the UK TV app on AFTV and PQ seems pretty fair for SD.
Old 20-10-2015, 16:33   #2106
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Agreed; not sure if Now TV will ever turn up though.

I had a quick play with the UK TV app on AFTV and PQ seems pretty fair for SD.
Tbf the pic quality is quite decent on the Youview box too from UKplay, on pc it can differ but not by anything majorly noticeable.
I think we will see all4 in the next 12 months.
I think Nowtv will appear eventually with the firetv being one of the best selling devices SKY will hopefully want their nowtv/skygo apps to be on it.
Old 20-10-2015, 17:10   #2107
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Thought there was a story both Now TV and All4 for TVs are dependent on Android 5 and will appear once that has been rolled out to the first generation Fire TV boxes?
Old 20-10-2015, 17:35   #2108
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Thought there was a story both Now TV and All4 for TVs are dependent on Android 5 and will appear once that has been rolled out to the first generation Fire TV boxes?
That could be the reason Amazon are slowly rolling out Android 5 to the firetv boxes.
Old 20-10-2015, 18:56   #2109
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
That could be the reason Amazon are slowly rolling out Android 5 to the firetv boxes.
Not until they've fixed the bugs, apparently.

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-is-di...fixing-effort/
Old 20-10-2015, 19:01   #2110
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Not until they've fixed the bugs, apparently.

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-is-di...fixing-effort/
I remember being a unfortunate victim to the black screen bug on my old firetv before they sent me a replacement, right after they sent the replacement they fixed the bug lol.
Old 20-10-2015, 19:34   #2111
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Quote:
If the AFTV ever does get Now TV, it could turn out to be one of the best boxes around. With Netflix and Prime it would have the three main UK streaming services plus a bunch of other video sources and all but one UK Catchup service, (which presumably will appear at some stage). Plus you can install Kodi, which allows me to play my own personal DVDs that I've ripped.

And the previous downside for me of not being able to control it with my Harmony Touch Universal remote has been resolved by plugging a FLIRC into the USB port.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FLIRC-Dongle...keywords=flirc
Old 20-10-2015, 22:15   #2112
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I have a Fire TV stick in the bedroom. Great for watching Netflix and Prime plus iPlayer works really well. Great to see UKPlay being added. Cancelled the SKY multiroom box months ago. Saving us £135 per year. That pretty much covers the cost of Amazon Prime and Netflix. We're no worse off but prefer on demand in the bedroom rather than linear TV. Bought the new NOW TV box the other day with 3 months entertainment pass. Pretty much the exact same as the old box but run much quicker. Keeping the 3 month pass until February when my SKY TV deal runs out. Will do what I always do. Cancel TV and wait to see what they offer to come back. For the first time ever I'm not too bothered if they don't come back with a good deal i.e. 50% off for a year. I think my wife has finally come around to the idea that Freeview + Netflix + Prime + Now TV is just as good, if not better than having SKY on it's own.
Old 20-10-2015, 22:29   #2113
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:

Installed it yesterday, damn thing wouldn't play a thing, get getting a error saying something went wrong check you internet connection.
Old 20-10-2015, 22:32   #2114
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I have a Fire TV stick in the bedroom. Great for watching Netflix and Prime plus iPlayer works really well. Great to see UKPlay being added. Cancelled the SKY multiroom box months ago. Saving us £135 per year. That pretty much covers the cost of Amazon Prime and Netflix. We're no worse off but prefer on demand in the bedroom rather than linear TV. Bought the new NOW TV box the other day with 3 months entertainment pass. Pretty much the exact same as the old box but run much quicker. Keeping the 3 month pass until February when my SKY TV deal runs out. Will do what I always do. Cancel TV and wait to see what they offer to come back. For the first time ever I'm not too bothered if they don't come back with a good deal i.e. 50% off for a year. I think my wife has finally come around to the idea that Freeview + Netflix + Prime + Now TV is just as good, if not better than having SKY on it's own.
I don't even have freeview lol all my viewing is online, bt tv uses multicast anyway so the channels are delivered through my broadband i find bt tv, nowtv, my usa tv and netflix is everything i need, SKY stopped me in town today offering me 80% off for 12 months which i declined.
Old 20-10-2015, 22:35   #2115
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'll be doing much the same in November, but secretly hoping Sky will make me an offer I can't refuse. I can add Sky Sports 1/2HD to my BT sub and can just about live without the rest of it. Most of the better stuff ends up on Netflix or Prime anyway.
Closed Thread