Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 21-10-2012, 18:25   #2101
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
their offering it. take it. the SH can be put into modem mode. link your own choice of router and your away with more bandwidth.
Yes, I've already planned to use my current router when I do get a S/H.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2012, 16:29   #2102
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Ok this is strange, my area was originally due for upgrade around this time but a few months ago it was changed to June 2013 - I have just put my poscode into the double speed page and it now says my area is currently being upgraded and will be complete by the end of this month. Good news if it's true
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 07:49   #2103
roger skillin
Inactive

roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Today being the last day my area upgrade should have been finished, I checked the doublespeed site and it says my area is not complete.
So what happens now? I've rebooted VMNG300 modem and i'm still on 50mb.
Is there something that i need to do as it says nothing on the doublespeed site
Old 31-10-2012, 07:58   #2104
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It's not even 8am yet. Give them a chance to update the site lol.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:16   #2105
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
Today being the last day my area upgrade should have been finished, I checked the doublespeed site and it says my area is not complete.
So what happens now? I've rebooted VMNG300 modem and i'm still on 50mb.
Is there something that i need to do as it says nothing on the doublespeed site
Completion of the upgrade preparation does not mean that your speed automatically doubles at the end of the given VM timetable. Your modem has to be remotely configured to the new speed. This only takes a minute or two. However, they could choose to do that today or in weeks or months time.

My area is due for completion today also, but I ain't holding my breath.

Here's the message I get from the site today. This is a change from yesterday's message which told me work would be complete at the end of October 2012.

"Your area is ready

Congratulations! The new double speed boosts are already up and running in your area.

We've finished upgrading the fibre optic network in your area.
More about the upgrade

Want to see how much more you can do with your new speed?"

As you see my speed is still 100/10. Also my modem config has not changed after a reboot. My down config is still 110000000 bps. My up is still 10250000 bps.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 10:05   #2106
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Remember, the doublespeed site has nothing do to with the 120Mbit upgrade - it's purely about the lower increases
Old 31-10-2012, 10:28   #2107
roger skillin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Remember, the doublespeed site has nothing do to with the 120Mbit upgrade - it's purely about the lower increases
That's what's i'm talking about i'm on 50mb waiting for the 100mb upgrade, just wondered what the process is and any other experiences with it, The site now says it is complete, sorry typing error in first reply should have read Now complete instead of not complete.
But if i log onto my account it says the area is not yet ready.

I shall just wait a week and see what happens.
Old 31-10-2012, 11:08   #2108
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

i wouldnt get in a flap just yet dude. Although some people are pleasantly surprised when they are upgraded before the completion date, I have also seen peeps that upgraded 2 days after the date. If they werent going to do it and were behind schedule they would have changed the site before now and knocked it back to god knows when.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 11:52   #2109
roger skillin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
i wouldnt get in a flap just yet dude. Although some people are pleasantly surprised when they are upgraded before the completion date, I have also seen peeps that upgraded 2 days after the date. If they werent going to do it and were behind schedule they would have changed the site before now and knocked it back to god knows when.
I don't see any flap in my message, just wanting to understand the process
Old 01-11-2012, 07:53   #2110
roger skillin
Inactive

Well that's just brilliant, thanks for getting me excited Virgin, in 2 days the status has changed from 'Congratulations your area is ready' to ' Your area is due to be upgraded from December 2012 - February 2013' What the heck?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:35   #2111
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
Your area is due to be upgraded from December 2012 - February 2013' What the heck?
This is the kind of stuff which really really winds me up and shows what a joke the whole thing is. You are not telling me that they didnt know they werent going to have the work completed until yesterday. If they are putting it back till February they won't have even started it yet.

Rubbish rubbish rubbish
Old 01-11-2012, 13:21   #2112
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It's not been put back till Feb 2013. It could be completed way before then. That is the latest estimated date.
Old 01-11-2012, 14:10   #2113
General Maximus
Ran Away

I was waiting for someone to say that. Would you like to start a poll as to when everyone thinks it will done? They are obviously going to put it off for as long as possible.
Old 01-11-2012, 14:26   #2114
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

It will happen when it happens. If people in my area keep moving to Infinity ( I know of three moving from Virgin) Any hope of it coming before August 2013 !!! ( my areas date )In reality I do not care. How ever the offers from BT look SO good. I bet Virgins prices go up (again) before its here. Meaning, if they do two price hikes since announcing "free" upgrade of BB. Who do they think they are kidding.
Old 01-11-2012, 15:19   #2115
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Meaning, if they do two price hikes since announcing "free" upgrade of BB. Who do they think they are kidding.
The price rises would have happened whether the speed increases happened or not, as they were part of Virgin's usual April price changes. Therefore the increases themselves are "free", as they are not tied to a specific increase.

Whether you believe that or not is up to you.