Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 27-08-2013, 19:01   #2086
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Think sky are thinking that if anyone is gonna leave for there exclusive channels they will have done already and it's time to take a stack of money off vm and don't forget advertising revenue will go up also
Exclusive channels aren't just about attracting new customers there about retaining existing ones , I'm not suggesting new channels won't arrive I am however interested to see which ones because many Sky users seem to suggest they stay for Sky Atlantic and HD Sky Sports channels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
More money from Virgin and a more attractive proposition to advertisers. The strength of the Sky brand will, I'm sure, negate the specific requirement for a USP, but pricing is probably where Sky can win out. Sky Sports, for example, is already significantly cheaper on the Sky platform than the Virgin platform.
Sky subscriptions dwarf the amount it makes through wholesale and advertising so whilst I think some of the missing channels will arrive I'm dubious about some that have been suggested specifically the HD sports ones however like the rest on here its all guesswork.
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2013, 19:03   #2087
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Exclusive channels aren't just about attracting new customers there about retaining existing ones , I'm not suggesting new channels won't arrive I am however interested to see which ones because many Sky users seem to suggest they stay for Sky Atlantic and HD Sky Sports channels.

Sky subscriptions dwarf the amount it makes through wholesale and advertising so whilst I think some of the missing channels will arrive I'm dubious about some that have been suggested.
But alas great one were you not dubious about BT Sports arriving on the XL pack.
Old 27-08-2013, 19:09   #2088
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Won't sky just launch sky atlantic on virgin and then launch sky bravo as an exclusive channel. Sky atlantic is an old channel now. Sky adverts bragging about sky atlantic and all the shows on there probably don't have as much impact as they used to. Again my point before if people didnt want to leave their current provider for sky due to sky atlantic when it launched they won't do it 2 years later.

But the sky thinking will be....LAUNCHING SKY BRAVO AND ALL THESE EXCLUSIVE SHOWS ONLY ON SKY...

they can then do a new advert trying to tempt people over.

i'd guess we'll get sky atlantic within a year and i'd guess sky bravo will launch exclusively on sky within a year.
Old 27-08-2013, 19:21   #2089
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Won't sky just launch sky atlantic on virgin and then launch sky bravo as an exclusive channel. Sky atlantic is an old channel now. Sky adverts bragging about sky atlantic and all the shows on there probably don't have as much impact as they used to. Again my point before if people didnt want to leave their current provider for sky due to sky atlantic when it launched they won't do it 2 years later.

But the sky thinking will be....LAUNCHING SKY BRAVO AND ALL THESE EXCLUSIVE SHOWS ONLY ON SKY...

they can then do a new advert trying to tempt people over.

i'd guess we'll get sky atlantic within a year and i'd guess sky bravo will launch exclusively on sky within a year.
Don't forget thou matey sky bravo as been delayed due to the fact they can't agree on a carriage agreement with vm.this suggests to me that new carriage agreements are being made between vm and sky and this is why we will see some of the missing if not all channels
Old 27-08-2013, 19:22   #2090
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

SA in my opinion will be here sooner then you think Victor and as for Sky Bravo well if it does launch l suspect it will be on Virgin at birth.
Old 27-08-2013, 19:28   #2091
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Sky subscriptions dwarf the amount it makes through wholesale and advertising so whilst I think some of the missing channels will arrive I'm dubious about some that have been suggested specifically the HD sports ones however like the rest on here its all guesswork.
I have mates who will never go to vm as well as mates who will never go to sky,the deal I am on with vm I'm certainly not going to move and to be honest with the deal I have off vm in 12 month I could still keep sky on and still pay less .you have a great deal with sky so you ain't gonna move either bud,I really don't think know it would make much difference to both companies to have same channels but i think it would harm bt
Old 27-08-2013, 19:32   #2092
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Don't forget thou matey sky bravo as been delayed due to the fact they can't agree on a carriage agreement with vm.
Yep, that's what the Guardian reported.

TBH, I can't see the sort of stuff they seem to be planning for Bravo having an 'exclusive' pull. Atlantic OTOH has, because of it's US cable network content which is premium content in the US.
Old 27-08-2013, 19:42   #2093
howardmicks
Inactive

Well I'm gonna stick me neck out and say I will be watching sky Atlantic Sunday night

Think about it peeps !!!!!
Old 27-08-2013, 19:49   #2094
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well I'm gonna stick me neck out and say I will be watching sky Atlantic Sunday night

aye you got a free sky dish howard but I know what your hinting at cant see it myself but would love it if your right
Old 27-08-2013, 19:51   #2095
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside
I do like to be beside the sea!
I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!
Where the brass bands play: "Tiddely-om-pom-pom!"

So just let me be beside the seaside
I'll be beside myself with glee
For there's lots of Sky channels that will arrive
Beside the seaside! Beside the sea!
Old 27-08-2013, 19:53   #2096
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
aye you got a free sky dish howard but I know what your hinting at cant see it myself but love you to be right
Sussed me out dave42 sorry guys yer there given them away bud
Sadly I will be watching sky atlantic on Sunday but it want be on me TiVo
Soz Denphone but I promise when they arrive I will take a hammer to that other box
Old 27-08-2013, 19:58   #2097
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Sussed me out dave42 sorry guys yer there given them away bud
Sadly I will be watching sky atlantic on Sunday but it want be on me TiVo
Soz Denphone but I promise when they arrive I will take a hammer to that other box
well least you can enjoy the missing HD channels Howard do you notice any different in the HD quality with TiVo and sky box
Old 27-08-2013, 20:02   #2098
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
aye you got a free sky dish howard but I know what your hinting at cant see it myself but would love it if your right
I do think we will see it soon bud,still sticking me neck out at a autumn release.already got a designed avatar to mark the occasion

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Quote:
well least you can enjoy the missing HD channels Howard do you notice any different in the HD quality with TiVo and sky box
Only get it installed on Sunday,between 12-5 better come before 1 and after 3 thou Liverpool man utd on.to be honest bud will only flick it on to watch universal hd and sky Atlantic other than that its TiVo for me
And of course the last season of sopranos on demand ain't seen it yet bud
Old 27-08-2013, 21:34   #2099
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Rumour: Sky Basic Channels on Virgin Media update.

I have been told tonight that Virgin Media are still in talks with Sky plus Virgin are pushing for Sky Atlantic*.

*All info on this post has not been confirmed by Insiders.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 27-08-2013, 21:37   #2100
denphone
Still alive and fighting

And hopefully that deliverance will be with us within the next month.