Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2012, 21:03   #1816
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Now, sorry but if that's the case...Tivo going up, prices going up in general and now no HD for films and sport Anytime+ as I have a SA V+... that is really taking the urine.

Thanks VM.
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2012, 21:04   #1817
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I can't help but feel Virgin Media are starting to use underhand tactics to bully their customers onto TiVo. Only around 12% of Virgins TV customers have access to TiVo currently. Why would they only make SKY Movies and SKY Sports HD On Demand to the minority of their TV customer base if they aren't trying to force people to take TiVo? Alternatively is there capacity issues and only a PVR with a dedicated 10mb internet line can handle HD on demand?

This will go down nicely with people who are already Virgin feeling are taking the urine with their latest price hikes.

I'm genuinely losing my trust for Virgin. Feels like they are not being completely crystal clear, honest and open with us their loyal customers. There was nothing in the original releases to suggest only TiVo customers would get access to SKY Movies and SKY Sports HD on demand. It was all very underhand, smoke and mirrors if you like.

I thought On Demand was directly linked to your subscription. You get access to the content you subscribe to? What a joke!
Old 27-02-2012, 21:04   #1818
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Here let me:

So the main paragraph says (for instance):

then the stars says:

Now why would it mention Disney Cinemagic which is the Collection, but isn't part of Sky Anytime, if it was talking about Sky Anytime content?
You are at it mate, it says excluding Cinemagic, will get on laptop tomorrow and paste the detail. Very very poor Ben. It's only tv for god sake not MI5 why the cover up!
Old 27-02-2012, 21:06   #1819
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
You are at it mate, it says excluding Cinemagic, will get on laptop tomorrow and paste the detail. Very very poor Ben. It's only tv for god sake not MI5 why the cover up!
Yes, but Disney Cinemagic content isn't in SD either - so why include it in the list of channels when no content from the channel will be included. Let me cut it down to show you:

*** Channels include <Sky channels>, Disney Cinemagic, and all HD variants excluding Disney Cinemagic and Sky Premiere +1.

The list is what is in the Sky Movies Collection - which includes Disney Cinemagic SD but not HD. Also why mention Premiere+1, that's ony relevent to the channel Collection and not On Demand as there is no concept of a +1 within On Demand
Old 27-02-2012, 21:10   #1820
city3000
Inactive

city3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

The bottom line is that this should have all been made crystal clear from day 1. Right now this stinks of Virgin trying to drive customers who are perfectly happy with their V boxes towards Tivo, the only way they are driving me is away.
Old 27-02-2012, 21:11   #1821
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

TV On Demand content for Sky basic SD and HD channels included within their subscriptions.

** Virgin Media customers do not require Sky Broadband to access Sky Anytime on Virgin Media.

*** Channels include Sky Movies Modern Greats, Sky Movies Drama & Romance, Sky Movies Family, Sky Movies Classics, Sky Movies Comedy, Sky Movies Action & Adventure, Sky Movies Crime & Thriller, Sky Movies Sci-Fi & Horror, Sky Movies Indie, Sky Movies Premiere, Sky Movies Showcase, Sky Movies Premiere +1, Disney Cinemagic, and all HD variants excluding Disney Cinemagic and Sky Premiere +1.

**** Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports 4 and HD variants excluding Sky Sports 3 and 4

Direct from press release, but u chose to miss that out. So explain?

A blatant lie.
Old 27-02-2012, 21:15   #1822
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Alternatively is there capacity issues and only a PVR with a dedicated 10mb internet line can handle HD on demand?
Yes there are capacity considerations, but it's got nothing to do with the internet.

See my previous post as to what I think (and essjay confirmed) is the reason. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1795.html
Old 27-02-2012, 21:15   #1823
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
They have the advantage with HD channels, we have the advantage with VOD!

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Which is why VM should get more channels!

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

What would they be?

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

What would they be?
hopefully mgm hd,sky sports hd3 and sky sports hd4 or sky news hd

Old 27-02-2012, 21:16   #1824
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Direct from press release, but u chose to miss that out. So explain?
I haven't missed it out, and I have just explained http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1819.html

You however are missing the word BASIC from the paragraph:

TV On Demand content for Sky basic SD and HD channels included within their subscriptions.
Old 27-02-2012, 21:18   #1825
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by city3000 View Post
The bottom line is that this should have all been made crystal clear from day 1. Right now this stinks of Virgin trying to drive customers who are perfectly happy with their V boxes towards Tivo, the only way they are driving me is away.
i had v+box i thort that was good,but now i got tivo 500gb--its total rubbish..

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I can't help but feel Virgin Media are starting to use underhand tactics to bully their customers onto TiVo. Only around 12% of Virgins TV customers have access to TiVo currently. Why would they only make SKY Movies and SKY Sports HD On Demand to the minority of their TV customer base if they aren't trying to force people to take TiVo? Alternatively is there capacity issues and only a PVR with a dedicated 10mb internet line can handle HD on demand?

This will go down nicely with people who are already Virgin feeling are taking the urine with their latest price hikes.

I'm genuinely losing my trust for Virgin. Feels like they are not being completely crystal clear, honest and open with us their loyal customers. There was nothing in the original releases to suggest only TiVo customers would get access to SKY Movies and SKY Sports HD on demand. It was all very underhand, smoke and mirrors if you like.

I thought On Demand was directly linked to your subscription. You get access to the content you subscribe to? What a joke!
virgin media is one big joke!!!

Old 27-02-2012, 21:24   #1826
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I think Ben's getting an undue amount of stick here-after all, we only have this info because he was able to tell us before Virgin themselves even confirmed it. I can understand people's upset, but this time last year we didn't even have Anytime to the degree we have now.
Old 27-02-2012, 21:40   #1827
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
i had v+box i thort that was good,but now i got tivo 500gb--its total rubbish..

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

virgin media is one big joke!!!

I totally agree! I have (at the moment) the 1GB TiVo box. I am having it removed and replaced with a V+HD box on Wednesday
Old 27-02-2012, 22:10   #1828
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Well seeing as they are going to stop giving V+ boxes out in teh next few months and the fact that HD content is being delivered in MPEG4 its not really a surprise that they are doing this. People can bitch and moan as much as they want but the V+ HD boxes are end of line.

The sooner they can get all their customers on Tivo the better for the platform.
Old 27-02-2012, 22:13   #1829
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Well seeing as they are going to stop giving V+ boxes out in teh next few months and the fact that HD content is being delivered in MPEG4 its not really a surprise that they are doing this. People can bitch and moan as much as they want but the V+ HD boxes are end of line.

The sooner they can get all their customers on Tivo the better for the platform.
But there are many with VHD boxes that are also MPEG4 that pay the HD fee.
Old 27-02-2012, 22:18   #1830
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Spot on so why increase the monthly charge to £5.00

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
But there are many with VHD boxes that are also MPEG4 that pay the HD fee.
As is the Samsung V+HD I believe.
Closed Thread