Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 11-05-2012, 21:35   #1801
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Actually I'm not sure if the proper full 100mbps service was ever made available in my area. Soon as 5mbps upload was deployed 50/5 was replaced with 100/5.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 22:09   #1802
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
So? The networks are built differently, and BT don't have to deal with kit that is anywhere up to 12 years old
It's a lot more than 12 years old in some areas Ben
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 22:13   #1803
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
It's a lot more than 12 years old in some areas Ben
Not for cable broadband it's not. I refer you to this post by Alex Brown http://www.alex-brown.co.uk/2010_03_01_archive.html
Old 11-05-2012, 23:44   #1804
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Wheres VMs upgrade 'PDF' ?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:27   #1805
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Wheres VMs upgrade 'PDF' ?
There isn't one, because the upgrades this time around can be notified through My Virgin Media
Old 12-05-2012, 12:51   #1806
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
well in this case "coming soon" is too late by the looks of things
As always...........
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:21   #1807
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
There isn't one, because the upgrades this time around can be notified through My Virgin Media
I got the following through my Virgin Media a few weeks back:

"Great news! Your new broadband speed is up and running. It's possible your current modem might be struggling to keep up though.

Some of our older modems can't give you the full speed that we've upgraded you to. If that's the case for you, we'll send you a new combined modem and router - the Virgin Media Super Hub.

If you've already had a letter from us, click below to get your new Super Hub."

Is this the message you get when your area has been upgraded? I got a Super Hub put in 2 weeks ago but my upload speeds on 120mb are still at 5mb. I thought you where supposed to go to 120mb down / 12mb up when your area was upgraded, or does that happen when the full roll-out across the UK has finished?

I asked about this in another thread the other day but now I'm confused. Just back in after a tough night at work, and 2 cans of Monster, so my mind is a bit frazzled at the moment
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:34   #1808
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Downstream is upgraded first, upstream comes later on.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:36   #1809
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Downstream is upgraded first, upstream comes later on.
Thanks for the info. I think that's what the guys suggested in the other thread too.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:33   #1810
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Not for cable broadband it's not. I refer you to this post by Alex Brown http://www.alex-brown.co.uk/2010_03_01_archive.html
I was sure it was longer ago than that when I had Cabletel BB installed.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 10:30   #1811
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Is this the message you get when your area has been upgraded? I got a Super Hub put in 2 weeks ago but my upload speeds on 120mb are still at 5mb. I thought you where supposed to go to 120mb down / 12mb up when your area was upgraded, or does that happen when the full roll-out across the UK has finished?
One of the messages yes.

Also, 120Mbit hasn't been launched yet anywhere. Top speed is 100Mbit
Old 14-05-2012, 13:22   #1812
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
One of the messages yes.

Also, 120Mbit hasn't been launched yet anywhere. Top speed is 100Mbit
i was told 2 months ago that i would get 120mb on april 21st but never arrived
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 13:26   #1813
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

thats wrong. 120 has always been said to be pushed during the summer at the very earliest
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 13:33   #1814
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Have we not learnt by now that "being told" and "actually getting" are completely unrelated matters when it comes to Virgin Media?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 13:55   #1815
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

not in my area
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote