Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 18:43   #1786
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Thats a bit hard to argue now that UPC have agreed a deal with them.

Overall I'm pleased with what Media Boy has revealed today, and like Muppetman I look forward to the official announcement. ITV 4 in particular for the sports coverage is an excellent addition to the hd offering as far as I'm concerned.

Would have liked to have seen Universal hd as one of the possibles, but the lord giveth etc. We're gaining hd Holly, but we're stuck with a fuzzy Maria Bello! Such is life...
To be perfectly honest Andy UPC are not really a rival to Sky such as VM and BT are in the UK.
Old 11-09-2012, 18:48   #1787
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

I love HD, i wouldn't say i was a snob, i used to love S-VHS rather than VHS, Panasonic TV's give better pictures than Goodmans TV's but what a good TV can't do is make rubbish broadcasts look like diamonds, Friends on comedy central is nothing short of amazing, i can't believe how bad the first two series looked in 4:3 SD they where horrible. Most shows on Atlantic have been made with lavish production budgets, they really have been made to 'wow' the viewer, i get some people are just interested in the narrative, but i want so much more, i want to be mesmorised by the camera pan over deserts and oceans, be pulled in and spat out by the sound track, have my neighbours bang on the wall as a heard of wildebeast migrates from left to right, if i wanted just a story i would read a book. Now Sky Sports News HD i don't get they don't show enough of any action on there, in a big enough window to warrant it in HD.
p.s. if Sky continue to show Manchester United's champions League games in SD on Sports 3 which looks yuk i may have to go to the dark side.
Old 11-09-2012, 18:52   #1788
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
To be perfectly honest Andy UPC are not really a rival to Sky such as VM and BT are in the UK.
UPC are very aggressively targeting Sky customers, much more so than Virgin are in this country, and what's more, they're being successful.
Old 11-09-2012, 18:52   #1789
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
If Sky continue to show Manchester United's champions League games in SD on Sports 3 which looks yuk i may have to go to the dark side.
You'll have to move again when ManU are on BT Sports every other week after September.

Old 11-09-2012, 18:53   #1790
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
I just wanted to know one more thing MB and that's is if Virgin get Sky Sports News HD, will it be added to the XL package or will SKY be awkward as usual and add it to the Sky Sports HD package?

Thanks
Cant confirm any more all I know Virgin Media and Sky are still in talks for the Sky channels posted by me today.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-09-2012, 18:55   #1791
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Cant confirm any more all I know Virgin Media and Sky are still in talks for the Sky channels posted by me today.
Thanks for the reply back mate. We will just have to wait and see.
Old 11-09-2012, 18:56   #1792
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if VM put these 3 HD channels in the XL pack which seems to be the way they go now
No packages news on where ITV HD Channels will go or even Channels numbers has been given to me - yet.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-09-2012, 19:03   #1793
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
You'll have to move again when ManU are on BT Sports every other week after September.
Why you truthfully believe BT will keep their sports channel to themselves , BT will want to distribute it to as wide an audience as possible they simply don't have enough viewers on Vision currently plus they only have 38 EPL games no Champions league.
Old 11-09-2012, 19:03   #1794
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
UPC are very aggressively targeting Sky customers, much more so than Virgin are in this country, and what's more, they're being successful.
Its very much different in a much smaller market then it would be as such in the much larger UK market.
Old 11-09-2012, 19:27   #1795
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Why you truthfully believe BT will keep their sports channel to themselves , BT will want to distribute it to as wide an audience as possible they simply don't have enough viewers on Vision currently plus they only have 38 EPL games no Champions league.
Surely they'd keep the HD to themselves?

Old 11-09-2012, 19:29   #1796
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Media Boy reveal list of new channels set that may launch in October or later this year.

I can now reveal the list of channels that may launch from October 2012 on Virgin Media.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information on this list is subject to change.

Confirmed:

-Channel 5 +1
-ITV2 HD
-ITV3 HD
-ITV4 HD

May launch but still not Confirmed:
-Sony Movies
-CBS Drama

Still in talks:
-Sky Atlantic
-Sky News HD
-Sky Sports News HD

©copyright 2012 Media Boy 2006 - 2012. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Now, Media Boy, could you please just confirm something for me because I think a lot of readers of this thread might have drawn a pessimistic conclusion from your post.

Are we to assume from this that all of the channels on your list will definitely launch, but not necessarily in October? I think that some people are reading your information to mean that we are no further forward with the Sky channels, whereas I think you are possibly saying that we are nearly there and VM are just tying up the final details.

Otherwise, I don't understand your earlier 'OMG' comment!
Old 11-09-2012, 19:32   #1797
Jameseh

4 confirmed, 2 likely, 3 currently in talks with sky.

Old 11-09-2012, 19:33   #1798
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Surely they'd keep the HD to themselves?
Possibly , they'll have to acquire more content though to sell it as a channel.

Suppose they could always use Sky Sports 1 & 2 in HD to try and broker a deal.
Old 11-09-2012, 19:41   #1799
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
4 confirmed, 2 likely, 3 currently in talks with sky.
They've been in talks for rather a long time. Media Boy's post could mean something or nothing, frankly, and I just wonder if we are any further forward. I suspect that we are, because Sky LivingIt is a gonner, so Sky Atlantic could replace it and keep VM's total costs for Sky channels down low to compensate for the missing channel.

It would be nice to know that we are finally getting somewhere.
Old 11-09-2012, 19:50   #1800
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Now, Media Boy, could you please just confirm something for me because I think a lot of readers of this thread might have drawn a pessimistic conclusion from your post.

Are we to assume from this that all of the channels on your list will definitely launch, but not necessarily in October? I think that some people are reading your information to mean that we are no further forward with the Sky channels, whereas I think you are possibly saying that we are nearly there and VM are just tying up the final details.

Otherwise, I don't understand your earlier 'OMG' comment!
Atlantic would be the only OMG channel launch in my opinion

Note am not comfortable postin "OMG" as I'm not a 12 year old girl.
Closed Thread