Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 19-08-2010, 21:59   #166
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Former Arsenal captain William Gallas is due for a medical with Tottenham on Friday - Link

Intresting...
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2010, 22:33   #167
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I do know that some Spurs fans won't like that, but to me if he can produce the goods, and make Spurs a better one, then l am all for it BUT is it true, Spurs have a tradition of not telling anyone about transfers, until they are done.

I heard they were after Fabiona as well,
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 23:13   #168
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I do know that some Spurs fans won't like that, but to me if he can produce the goods, and make Spurs a better one, then l am all for it BUT is it true, Spurs have a tradition of not telling anyone about transfers, until they are done.

I heard they were after Fabiona as well,
That tradition ended as soon as you hired Harry Redknapp. The man has verbal diarrhoea.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 23:27   #169
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

is joe cole a really good player?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 07:18   #170
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Former Arsenal captain William Gallas is due for a medical with Tottenham on Friday - Link
Intresting...
Not quite sure I can say good luck to him what with it being Spurs

Still, good player. Shame we couldn't do a deal with him, I imagine Spurs are offering more money or a longer contract since those were the sticking points for Arsenal. I was hoping we would sign him in addition to the other defender we are linked too in order to provide some cover.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 07:42   #171
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Not quite sure I can say good luck to him what with it being Spurs

Still, good player. Shame we couldn't do a deal with him, I imagine Spurs are offering more money or a longer contract since those were the sticking points for Arsenal.
Apparently wrong on both counts. It's only a 1 year deal and a lot less than what he was on. But it's a London club which suits him.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 07:58   #172
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Intresting. He was demanding two year contract at Arsenal. Maybe season is coming out or he can be first team player?
Old 20-08-2010, 08:09   #173
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Maybe season is coming out or he can be first team player?
?
Old 20-08-2010, 08:48   #174
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
?
Sorry, Typed that on my phone. I was wondering why he has now accepted less pay and a 1 year contract. Maybe the face the season is coming up or he wants more first team football.
Old 20-08-2010, 09:04   #175
punky
Inactive

Quote:
Sorry, Typed that on my phone. I was wondering why he has now accepted less pay and a 1 year contract. Maybe the face the season is coming up or he wants more first team football.
I think having his bluff called by Wenger was chastening and now it's clear he isn't going to have that many offers. Maybe he thought some of the lower clubs with looser budgets may sign him as a flagship player. Or maybe he thought that we stand a good chance at playing in the CL and finishing 4th and so that turned his head.

I don't remember him being linked with anyone until Redknapp came along.
Old 20-08-2010, 09:24   #176
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

In the last two weeks, two different England Internationals have used high court injunctions to block details of their personal lives being released:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ing-order.html

Makes me wonder who they are...
Old 20-08-2010, 09:42   #177
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
In the last two weeks, two different England Internationals have used high court injunctions to block details of their personal lives being released:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ing-order.html

Makes me wonder who they are...
I think they both play at Chelsea myself.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 09:50   #178
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
I think they both play at Chelsea myself.
Careful we don't get ourselves in trouble here

It's more bad news for the England team though, so much of this nonsense.
Old 20-08-2010, 10:03   #179
punky
Inactive

I'm sure that invariably Gerrard's name will come up.

I find it a bit odd that there's a gagging order and reporting restrictions but the press know that the two cases are footballers?

Unless the reporters were in court for the case and saw them.
Old 20-08-2010, 10:05   #180
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
I'm sure that invariably Gerrard's name will come up.

I find it a bit odd that there's a gagging order and reporting restrictions but the press know that the two cases are footballers?

Unless the reporters were in court for the case and saw them.
Some reports give details accounts of the 2nd player, that he 'played for many top clubs' and is on around £100,000 a week. So that narrows it quite a bit!