Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 16:27   #1771
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
it seems the same old tired lines get used over and over on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well hopefully they will arrive soon enough one hopes but if they don't then this is likely to be because of Sky's constant intransigent negotiating stance.
I rest my case
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 16:31   #1772
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
So why are Sky News HD and Sky Sports News HD not on the platform ?

Unless you can find me a reliable source that they will be , it seems the same old tired lines get used over and over on here.
I think we will get them ones MM mate but no chance of the other ones sky is with holding we have to wait and see I guess
Old 11-09-2012, 16:31   #1773
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I rest my case
Oh MM such eloquent words from one so revered.
Old 11-09-2012, 16:34   #1774
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Videotron did too - but it used the audio of the channels and swapped from one to another every minute or so
as did Bell Cablemedia, albeit slightly differently. They called it Mozaic and it featured 12 channels round the edge of a massive Bell Cablemedia logo. The soundtrack was the ILR station of the major place in the franchise area which in the area I was living in was Aire FM. They scrapped the Mozaic channel (and also controversially dumped CMT) in September 1996 when they launched a raft number of new channels, including The Box and Carlton Food Network and a month later the original Sky 2 and Granada Plus.
Old 11-09-2012, 16:44   #1775
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
TCM did say they 'hope' to launch TCM HD on Virgin by end of year.
Good! Thanks as ever for the news MB. I am pleased the ITV HD channels are coming and maybe some more.... :-)
Old 11-09-2012, 17:07   #1776
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Well hopefully they will arrive soon enough one hopes but if they don't then this is likely to be because of Sky's constant intransigent negotiating stance.
Can we not start that argument up again it gets rather boring.
Old 11-09-2012, 17:17   #1777
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Can we not start that argument up again it gets rather boring.
Its not a argument but fact and l think many on this forum find the usual naysayers who constantly knock and criticise everything Virgin do as extremely boring but we are all entitled to our posts even though we might not disagree with each other.
Old 11-09-2012, 17:21   #1778
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
Great news regarding ITV2/3/4HD but always wondered why VM never got Universal HD ?
Very dissapointed not to see Universal HD,I have emailed universal on many occasions regarding these and all i seem to get is that talks are ongoing.God knows who they are talking to at vm but they are certainly taking there time,However will be nice to see itv2hd as they a have aquired a number of new usa shows and will be nice to see them in glourious hd

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I think we will get them ones MM mate but no chance of the other ones sky is with holding we have to wait and see I guess
How do we know sky are with holding them?Could be down to price?People allways assume its down to sky its about time vm turned round and put customers in the picture regarding missing channels in particular hd ones
Old 11-09-2012, 17:27   #1779
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Very dissapointed not to see Universal HD,I have emailed universal on many occasions regarding these and all i seem to get is that talks are ongoing.God knows who they are talking to at vm but they are certainly taking there time,However will be nice to see itv2hd as they a have aquired a number of new usa shows and will be nice to see them in glourious hd

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

How do we know sky are with holding them?Could be down to price?People allways assume its down to sky its about time vm turned round and put customers in the picture regarding missing channels in particular hd ones
because no one but sky has got them if they were on other platforms then could not blame sky at all and if you see the blog sky only in talks about atlantic in sd so the HD version is another there with holding it plain to see sky is with holding channels and F1HD SS3+4HD and SAHD are no go for anyone

http://vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 11-09-2012, 17:29   #1780
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Firstly thanks MB for giving us the exclusive news always nice to know early about what we can look forward to. It makes me laugh to see all the moans on here, like little kids not happy with their birthday presents (without understanding how hard Mummy and Daddy have worked to provide). I too have a long wish list and although many channels are still missing I'm always happy when any are knocked off the list.

I continue to refuse to have sky not because it's more expensive but because of what the company stand for. As a result I appreciate I have to sacrifice a few things such as Sky Atlantic HD and other HD content. Moaning is a waist of time really, I'm sure VM are well aware of the majority of their customers needs and balance this with what is economically viable and makes sense for their business. Trying to get content off an arch rival can not be easy.

With regards to the HD v SD debate, I've become an HD addict. The more I watch the more I want, going back to SD is like going back to analog and then full screen and then black and white. Apart from ESPN America and the news channels I don't think I watch any SD anymore. However I understand why VM would go for Sky Atlantic SD rather than nothing at all as they know that many of their customers place content higher than HD. Do not forget those of us who visit this forum are slightly more obsessed with all this than your average person. The majority of my fellow VM friends either still have old style tube TVs or LCD ones that are 32 inch or less where SD often looks acceptable. I think at 42 inch or more then SD starts to look poor and HD is a must.

For me if they do get Sky Atlantic SD I'll still be getting HBO series on blu-ray through lovefilm etc.. However at least VM will have taken the first step in getting more from Sky - no mean feat.

Just think in 15 years time will be on about the lack of Super HD channels!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 17:34   #1781
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
because no one but sky has got them if they were on other platforms then could not blame sky at all and if you see the blog sky only in talks about atlantic in sd so the HD version is another there with holding it plain to see sky is with holding channels and F1HD SS3+4 and SAHD are no go for anyone

http://vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/
Agree with what your saying m8,But it was commomony known that the itv hd channels had a exclusive contract with sky for x amount of time and that nickelodeon is part funded by sky,What i am saying that if vm actually came out and stated they were trying to obtain eg universal hd,Disney hd channels but unable to due to temp exclusive contracts with sky i for one would personally understand but constant no info from vm is really bad.Thank god for mb if it wasnt for him we would still be in the dark over the itv channels
Old 11-09-2012, 17:38   #1782
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Agree with what your saying m8,But it was commomony known that the itv hd channels had a exclusive contract with sky for x amount of time and that nickelodeon is part funded by sky,What i am saying that if vm actually came out and stated they were trying to obtain eg universal hd,Disney hd channels but unable to due to temp exclusive contracts with sky i for one would personally understand but constant no info from vm is really bad.Thank god for mb if it wasnt for him we would still be in the dark over the itv channels
yes agree that's worse part of VM the no info bit and why we so grateful to MB
Old 11-09-2012, 17:40   #1783
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Firstly thanks MB for giving us the exclusive news always nice to know early about what we can look forward to. It makes me laugh to see all the moans on here, like little kids not happy with their birthday presents. I too have a long wish list and although many channels are still missing I'm always happy when any are knocked off the list.

I continue to refuse to have sky not because it's more expensive but because of what the company stand for. As a result I appreciate I have to sacrifice a few things such as Sky Atlantic HD and other HD content. Moaning is a waist of time really, I'm sure VM are well aware of the majority of their customers needs and balance this with what is economically viable and makes sense for their business. Trying to get content off an arch rival can not be easy.

With regards to the HD v SD debate, I've become an HD addict. The more I watch the more I want, going back to SD is like going back to analog and then full screen and then black and white. Apart from ESPN America and the news channels I don't think I watch any SD anymore. However I understand why VM would go for Sky Atlantic SD rather than nothing at all as they know that many of their customers place content higher than HD. Do not forget those of us who visit this forum are slightly more obsessed with all this than your average person. The majority of my fellow VM friends either still have old style tube TVs or LCD ones that are 32 inch or less where SD often looks acceptable. I think at 42 inch or more then SD starts to look poor and HD is a must.

For me if they do get Sky Atlantic SD I'll still be getting HBO series on blu-ray through lovefilm etc.. However at least VM will have taken the first step in getting more from Sky - no mean feat.

Just think in 15 years time will be on about the lack of Super HD channels!!!!
Well said m8,Agree some are just moaning.But some of us out here just hate the constant lack of info from vm regarding missing channels is annoying,I feel the same about sky.This week i was offered a 75% 12 months discount to go back but i hate there buisness practices and i love my tivo and as a whole love vm and the packages they offer,Loyalty is keeping me with them,But loyalty works both ways.
Regarding HD-SD i am proud to say i am a HD snob i really hate watching sd channels,To me its like going from b/w to colour
Old 11-09-2012, 18:18   #1784
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Great news MB. AT LAST Virgin have finally got all the ITV HD channels on board. Great to have just as the football season is starting. ITV 4HD here we come.

I just wanted to know one more thing MB and that's is if Virgin get Sky Sports News HD, will it be added to the XL package or will SKY be awkward as usual and add it to the Sky Sports HD package?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 18:34   #1785
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Thats a bit hard to argue now that UPC have agreed a deal with them.

Overall I'm pleased with what Media Boy has revealed today, and like Muppetman I look forward to the official announcement. ITV 4 in particular for the sports coverage is an excellent addition to the hd offering as far as I'm concerned.

Would have liked to have seen Universal hd as one of the possibles, but the lord giveth etc. We're gaining hd Holly, but we're stuck with a fuzzy Maria Bello! Such is life...
Closed Thread