Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 24-04-2012, 16:48   #1696
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

There's been a lot of people stating the same, seems to be that the MY.VM site is linked to some hardware update but the config update isn't enabled..

Personally I don;t have the "up and running" indication but I'm supposed to be on the March/April upgrades
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2012, 17:09   #1697
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I have had a message saying that my area had been upgraded and it won 't be long before i will be on double speed so it is only today that message has changed, so hopefully i will get a modem reboot and new config in the coming days.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 17:12   #1698
GavChap
Inactive

Services: Virgin 60M BB, M+ TV, L Phone
GavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enough

I've had this message for about 3 weeks now. Still not upgraded. I'm on a VMNG300 by the way, and I wondered if it's just superhub people that had been upgraded so far.

Quote:
We'll be doubling your speed soon

Great news - our engineers have finished upgrading the network in your area and you'll soon be enjoying your broadband boost.

Here's what you're on now and what you'll get after you've been upgraded:
GavChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 17:22   #1699
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavChap View Post
I've had this message for about 3 weeks now. Still not upgraded. I'm on a VMNG300 by the way, and I wondered if it's just superhub people that had been upgraded so far.
Yes that is what i have had for the last 2 weeks, but then it changed today to this.

Quote:
You're up and running on one of our new double speed packages.

Want to make the most out of your superfast broadband?
Old 24-04-2012, 17:30   #1700
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Have you a Superhub?
Old 24-04-2012, 17:38   #1701
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Yes always had a shub on 30mbit.
Old 25-04-2012, 10:51   #1702
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

I am on maid5-2-0 and just been upgraded. Although I am only getting 75mbps and it is not even peak time? Using a SHUB ( I know! ) does it improve or is this the best I am going to get?

OK just found out how bad the superhub wireless is! I hard wired and it maxxed out no problem. What is the point of having a branded router that can't max out your own network on wireless!
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 12:57   #1703
georgepomone
Inactive

Services: Tivo. VIP 120 Pack.
georgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to all

Was given the double speed last night. It's gradually going up but I'm not complaining.They gave me it afterall.
georgepomone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 13:18   #1704
ToonEll
cf.member

Services: VIP Collection
ToonEll is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavChap View Post
I have been upgraded from 50 to 100 and have the VMNG300. All the message says on My virgin Media is:

We've done all the checks and it looks like your current modem is fine. Your new super fast broadband is up and running at the speed shown below..

Your new speed is up to 100Mb

If you're going to be using a wireless connection then you might want to swap your modem for a Virgin Media Super Hub, our latest combined modem and router with the best range so you can enjoy fast broadband around your home.

The Super Hub comes free with just a £20 QuickStart fee for installation and you'll automatically begin a new 12 month contract.
ToonEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 13:42   #1705
GavChap
Inactive

Services: Virgin 60M BB, M+ TV, L Phone
GavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonEll View Post
If you're going to be using a wireless connection then you might want to swap your modem for a Virgin Media Super Hub, our latest combined modem and router with the best range so you can enjoy fast broadband around your home.

Best range! That's a laugh. My old WNR2000 supplied by VM had better range than the stupidhub.
GavChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 14:18   #1706
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonEll View Post
The Super Hub comes free with just a £20 QuickStart fee for installation and you'll automatically begin a new 12 month contract
Talking about screwing you over. They charge you £20 for a piece of junk and then tie you to a new 12 month contract for it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 14:22   #1707
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Talking about screwing you over. They charge you £20 for a piece of junk and then tie you to a new 12 month contract for it.
Don't see how giving you the choice whether to get it and making what happens if you do clear 'screwing you over'
Old 25-04-2012, 14:53   #1708
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Don't see how giving you the choice whether to get it and making what happens if you do clear 'screwing you over'
If it does not work as stated - will they refund & cancel contract? if not is that not screwing the many customers who "buy" it "Blind" Never mind sales of goods act.
Old 25-04-2012, 14:54   #1709
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have had a message saying that my area had been upgraded and it won 't be long before i will be on double speed so it is only today that message has changed, so hopefully i will get a modem reboot and new config in the coming days.
My modem rebooted and i am now up and running on 60mbit with 3mbit upload in the CB24 Cambridge area.
Old 25-04-2012, 15:03   #1710
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
because they have admitted in that statement that the current modem is fine yet they are encouraging you to give them money to buy something that they know has an appalling track record for the reasons they are advertising it (wireless). And to make it worse, they are tieing you into a 12 month contract. Why? The speed upgrade has already been given. So paying for a shub which they want you to have screws you over for 12 months because you can guarantee that once you have got it they'll go round and round in circles with you on the phone well you ring them up and tell them it doesnt work.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote