Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 11-12-2012, 19:16   #1666
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light
Re: TV price rises

got my vm letter today informing of price rise and also got a letter off sky offering half price package for 6 months lol
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2012, 19:18   #1667
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'm on the phone to Virgin just now. I'm currently on hold. I did tell them on Saturday that I planned to leave.

Oh just been told they are busy and I could be 15 minutes. I was then told I might like to call them back later and goodbye. The call was ended! I was happy to bloody wait.

Back on the phone again
Same again second and third time round

Don't they close at 8pm? This is hacking me right off. Must be plenty of people leaving virgin today.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:20   #1668
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, they close at 8pm....good luck lol
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:20   #1669
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Same again second and third time round

Don't they close at 8pm? This is hacking me right off. Must be plenty of people leaving virgin today.
I can imagine. I remember when i was on the phone to them for ages when i was with them. I find it quicker when ringing Sky. 8pm sounds right as 10pm is for faults
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:36   #1670
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Incredible conversation!

The person I chatted with was prepared to offer reductions on my package however I made it clear about joining SKY under friends and family. Virgin couldn't match the package.

Anyway he told me I was in luck as my 30 day window was due to expire in 2 days. He claimed my letter was sent to me in the middle of November. I advised this is simply not true. My letter is dated December 2012 and was only received on Saturday. I challenged him on this and advised I would share this information with others here as there are other members of the site in the same boat.

He advised I should be careful what I post as Virgin can and will hold me liable for any misleading or inaccurate posts!

I can assure you I am not making this up. If you plan to contact Virgin about your price increase do it now, just in case they claim your letter was sent 28 days ago too.
Old 11-12-2012, 19:40   #1671
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

WOW!! So that's there game. Glad i've already cancelled mine
Old 11-12-2012, 19:45   #1672
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
WOW!! So that's there game. Glad i've already cancelled mine
And he assured me SKY won't be able to install my services until the end of January! He might be telling the truth on that as I'm in the middle of sorting that just now.

Honestly I'm so bloody angry. I hope I'm sent a feedback form as I'll be telling Virgin exactly what I think of this.

Seriously I can't believe the guy was trying to control what I post here with the threat of potential liable action.
Old 11-12-2012, 20:06   #1673
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

He advised I should be careful what I post as Virgin can and will hold me liable for any misleading or inaccurate posts!
Laughable to say the least.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Quote:

Seriously I can't believe the guy was trying to control what I post here with the threat of potential liable action.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 20:15   #1674
geordiechris
cf.addict

I hope you got his full name to make a complaint, not that the complaint will be acknowledged like (speaking from experience on this one)
Old 11-12-2012, 20:27   #1675
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
I hope you got his full name to make a complaint, not that the complaint will be acknowledged like (speaking from experience on this one)
If he was an offshore agent then you would be urinating into the wind for all the good it would do, probably the same here nowadays.
Old 11-12-2012, 20:29   #1676
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Just his first name. It should be easy for virgin to find the guy who cancelled my services.

Everything will come to an end on the 11th January. This guys conduct has helped clear my mind of any doubts I had about leaving Virgin. Such a shame as I never really had any problems with Virgin as such. That call will be a long lasting memory. I plan never to return.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
If he was an offshore agent then you would be urinating into the wind for all the good it would do, probably the same here nowadays.
No he was down in Sheffield.
Old 11-12-2012, 20:32   #1677
geordiechris
cf.addict

Did you downgrade your package before cancelling like I suggested or did you keep it as it is?

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Quote:
Just his first name. It should be easy for virgin to find the guy who cancelled my services.
Considering it's VM we're talking about, don't be so sure lol
Old 11-12-2012, 20:34   #1678
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:

No he was down in Sheffield.
Once you are in account then your footsteps are all over it, plus the will be a recording of the call as well.

Customer Relations are either Sheffield or Tyneside, its because of the accents and psychology.

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Quote:

See above, no getting away from it once you have entered an account.
Old 11-12-2012, 20:36   #1679
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Did you downgrade your package before cancelling like I suggested or did you keep it as it is?

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Keep the services as is for the Xmas period. My SKY TV install date is the 19th December. Their website wouldn't let me book another date. I'm going to call them tomorrow to push it back if possible.
Old 11-12-2012, 20:38   #1680
geordiechris
cf.addict

Quote:
Keep the services as is for the Xmas period. My SKY TV install date is the 19th December. Their website wouldn't let me book another date. I'm going to call them tomorrow to push it back if possible.
I doubt pushing it back would cause any problems