Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 28-05-2013, 13:24   #1651
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
You need to ask that poster on DS Forum who started this rumour for an update.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Maybe Comedy Central +1 or Comedy Central Extra will move to Channel 133!

Here is today lineup from May 29th (Channel numbers may change or may not all launch tomorrow but in the coming weeks):

132. Comedy Central
133. Comedy Central +1 or Comedy Central Extra
134. MTV
181. Comedy Central HD
182. Comedy Central +1 or Comedy Central Extra
183. Free for Comedy Central Extra +1
184. Free for MTV HD
185. Free for MTV +1

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

No some of the things that ESPN broadcast (SPL and Europa League) will move to BT Sports.

Next years FA Cup as well as other sports from ESPN America will be shown on the new look ESPN as BT have only got FA Cup for an year.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

So Virgin has signed an new deal with History!

The following things may happen soon:

234. HISTORY
235. HISTORY +1
236. HISTORY HD
237. H2
238. CI
239. CI +1
240. CI HD
242. Bio.
It looks like 2013 is the year for channels, nice we seem to be getting all the +1 ones that we have been missing as well
Advertisement
Old 28-05-2013, 13:30   #1652
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
It looks like 2013 is the year for channels, nice we seem to be getting all the +1 ones that we have been missing as well
Keep an eye on http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...wednesday.html for all the latest confirmed new channels numbers for the Viacom channels from Wednesday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-05-2013, 13:41   #1653
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Keep an eye on http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...wednesday.html for all the latest confirmed new channels numbers for the Viacom channels from Wednesday.
I am a long time subscriber of your blog MB
Old 28-05-2013, 13:48   #1654
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

May List update - May 28th update.

Keep up-to-date on the latest news on upcoming channel launches and other important events across all platforms of Virgin TV network.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information on this list is subject to change.

Colours on my list are as followed:

Media Boy = New Info just added.
Media Boy = Virgin Media News and links.
Media Boy = Other Media news/Things.

=== Coming up on Virgin's Digital TV ===
=== Rumour to be Launching very soon ===
-The Active Channel to launch on Virgin Media soon.

=== May ===
29th. Comedy Central HD will move from Virgin Channel 133 to Virgin Channel 181.
29th. Comedy Central +1 will move from Virgin Channel 134 to Virgin Channel (Not yet known).
29th. MTV will move from Virgin Channel 311 to Virgin Channel 134.

=== June ===
10th. Zee Café to be rebranded as Limbe on Virgin Channel 811 today.

=== By end of June ===
-Liberty Global hope to close the transaction of Virgin Media.

=== July ===
31st. ESPN will close on Virgin Channel 529 today.
31st. ESPN HD will close on Virgin Channel 530 today.
31st. ESPN America will close on Virgin Channel 531 today.
31st. ESPN to close ESPN Classic on Virgin Channel 533 by Today.

=== August ===
The following BT Sports channels launches has still to be confirmed by Virgin Media - Talks still ongoing:

1st. BT Sports 1 may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. BT Sports 1 HD may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. BT Sports 2 may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. BT Sports 2 HD may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. ESPN may launch on Virgin Media today.
1st. ESPN HD may launch on Virgin Media today.

=== September ===
No News...

=== October ===
No News...

=== November ===
-Made in Leeds will launch on Virgin Media sometime this month.

=== December ===
No News...

=== By 2015 ===
-RTE Radio and WRN Radio will be axe in old Telewest areas or added to all areas of Virgin Media.

=== Unknown dates ===
-'Seven' will be rebranded as Lincolnshire Living on Virgin Channel 879 (Grimsby & Scunthorpe only).
-I have been told that Virgin Media are in talks with Sky to carry 'Sky Atlantic SD', 'Sky News HD' and 'Sky Sports News HD' - no updates since August 2012.
-Local TV may launch on Virgin TV in some areas in Virgin Channels 600 mark (Starting in Late 2013).
-The BBC to axe BBC Radio 4 LW on Virgin Channel 911 ''in the long term''.

-Smooth fm (Smooth Radio) may get close or rebranded on Virgin Channel 916.
-Fashion One 'In talks with Virgin Media' - no updates in months.
-Sony Movies may launch soon on Virgin Media - no updates since August 2012.

=== Channels THAT still to appear in all areas ===
List was last updated on December 1st 2010.

NO. Channel Name
917. Radio: RTE Radio
920. Radio: WRN Europe

NOTE: Channels are only broadcasting in Ex-Telewest areas right now.

=== Media Boy Extra info: ===
Media Boy Blog - For all things Virgin TV - http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/
See Virgin Media on ''twitter'' here - http://twitter.com/virginmedia
See Nialli's blog on Virgin Media High Definition & TiVo Services here - http://vmhd.blogspot.com/

==== Virgin Media's Deals with broadcasters ===
This part has now move to link called 'Own by'.

==== See you later ===
List last updated on May 28th 2013.

Next update: On Wednesday - unless:

A) If Virgin are set to launch more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) on Virgin TV.
B) If Virgin are set to move more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) about on Virgin TV.
C) If Virgin are set to close or repackage more then TWO channels (TV or Radio ) on Virgin TV.

Did I miss anything??? If I did tell me and it will appear on the next update.

©copyright 2013 Media Boy 2006 - 2013. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.

ALL OF MY LINK ARE UNDER THE LINE.
Old 28-05-2013, 13:59   #1655
Jameseh

Quote:
No some of the things that ESPN broadcast (SPL and Europa League) will move to BT Sports.

Next years FA Cup as well as other sports from ESPN America will be shown on the new look ESPN as BT have only got FA Cup for an year.
I fail so see how my comment is responded to with 'no'.

BT Sport is the company, I didn't specify a channel by saying 1, 2 or ESPN so my comment was correct.

Old 28-05-2013, 14:09   #1656
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
I am a long time subscriber of your blog MB
Yes me too as beware of any imitations.
Old 28-05-2013, 15:03   #1657
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I fail so see how my comment is responded to with 'no'.

BT Sport is the company, I didn't specify a channel by saying 1, 2 or ESPN so my comment was correct.
Sorry - I misread your post.
Old 28-05-2013, 16:05   #1658
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Why is it that these broadcasters want there HD channels miles away from their SD Channels?!? Makes no sense! I thought Comedy Central had it good how they put the HD before the +1.
Old 28-05-2013, 16:09   #1659
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
Why is it that these broadcasters want there HD channels miles away from their SD Channels?!? Makes no sense! I thought Comedy Central had it good how they put the HD before the +1.
Not confirmed but I think Viacom have ask them to move Comedy Central HD so that Comedy Central Extra can move to Channel 133 from tomorrow.

So the top three Viacom channels numbers will be for:

132. Comedy Central
133. Comedy Central Extra
134. MTV
Old 28-05-2013, 16:11   #1660
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Not confirmed but I think Viacom have ask them to move Comedy Central HD so that Comedy Central Extra can move to Channel 133 from tomorrow.

So the top three Viacom channels numbers will be for:

132. Comedy Central
133. Comedy Central Extra
134. MTV
Sounds logical
Old 28-05-2013, 16:43   #1661
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
What channel is launching tomorrow? Comedy Central are running a message during programmes saying that the HD channel is moving to 181 from 133 tomorrow.
Is this just on the HD version or both SD and HD?

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Quote:
So Virgin has signed an new deal with History!

The following things may happen soon:

234. HISTORY
235. HISTORY +1
236. HISTORY HD
237. H2
238. CI
239. CI +1
240. CI HD
242. Bio.
I would have thought that they would have launched a few of/all of them at once. I hope that this doesn't mean that the new carriage deal still excludes the missing channels.
Old 28-05-2013, 16:58   #1662
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Breaking News: Virgin have struck a deal to launch Beige - a brand new channel to light up your home. It follows on from the equally exciting launches of Zee Café and History...
Old 28-05-2013, 16:58   #1663
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I would have thought that they would have launched a few of/all of them at once. I hope that this doesn't mean that the new carriage deal still excludes the missing channels.
Going by some of the other recent additions, VM seem to take a little longer to launch HD channels but that doesn't explain why Bio +1 and CI +1 didn't launch with History +1.

Sky's part ownership of these channels and their track record of keeping HD versions exclusive to their platform isn't exactly encouraging.

Old 28-05-2013, 17:06   #1664
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Breaking News: Virgin have struck a deal to launch Beige - a brand new channel to light up your home. It follows on from the equally exciting launches of Zee Café and History...
Yippeeeeeeeeeee.
Old 28-05-2013, 17:25   #1665
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Seriously History plus 1 hour is just the same old boring stuff, even older.
Closed Thread