Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 15-03-2010, 09:58   #1621
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Big Red posted on Friday (The day when Virgin Media did an deal for ITV1 HD)

(6th one down on link) - https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...82830169737784
If Sk1 HD turns up we will have to start calling him deep throat. It will seem like he has inside knowledge.

Keep up the good work MB.

Advertisement
Old 15-03-2010, 10:09   #1622
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Sky1 HD turns up just in time for LOST to finish lol

Nowt else worth watching!

Ahh well...I'll happily pay for Sky Sports HD if Rupert Murdoch ever reads Cableforum
Old 15-03-2010, 10:21   #1623
buckm
Inactive

buckm is an unknown quantity at this point

OK i've got a question, sorry if this has already been asked, but, with all this "channel hooping" going around i noticed yesterday that they have missed out 2 channels in the sports section:

Sky Sports 1 - Channel 511
Sky Sports 2 - Channel 512
Sky Sports 3 - Channel 513
Channel 514
Channel 515
Sky Sports 4 - Channel 516

Does this indicate that they will be adding more sports channels into the 2 free channels, or that person that added sky sports 4 pressed 6 instead for 4!?

I live in north Hampshire it it matters!

Cheers

Mike
Old 15-03-2010, 10:29   #1624
chris9991
Inactive

chris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckm View Post
OK i've got a question, sorry if this has already been asked, but, with all this "channel hooping" going around i noticed yesterday that they have missed out 2 channels in the sports section:

Sky Sports 1 - Channel 511
Sky Sports 2 - Channel 512
Sky Sports 3 - Channel 513
Channel 514
Channel 515
Sky Sports 4 - Channel 516

Does this indicate that they will be adding more sports channels into the 2 free channels, or that person that added sky sports 4 pressed 6 instead for 4!?

I live in north Hampshire it it matters!

Cheers

Mike

SKy Sports 4 was Sky Sports Extra and has only recently changed. I imagine that Virgin will change it at some point possibly with all the other changes
Old 15-03-2010, 11:18   #1625
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Sci Fi HD press release http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...166&highlight=

And it still says more to come.
Old 15-03-2010, 11:38   #1626
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Awesome news that more are coming!!!
Old 15-03-2010, 11:38   #1627
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

So glad VM are really kicking butt in getting new HD channels, with SyFy HD just being announced and still more to come!
Old 15-03-2010, 11:43   #1628
Baldynapper
Inactive

Services: Freeview, Virgin BB L & Tivo M+ TV
Baldynapper is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is great as i have just had V+ installed too keep them coming.
Old 15-03-2010, 12:07   #1629
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Basic HD Channels on Virgin TV update.

An Virgin insider has told me that talks are ''ongoing'' over the non Sports and Movies Sky own HD Channels coming to Virgin Media.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 15-03-2010, 12:18   #1630
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky Basic HD Channels on Virgin TV update.

An Virgin insider has told me that talks are ''ongoing'' over the non Sports and Movies Sky own HD Channels coming to Virgin Media.

thanks sir MB any news on the red buttion 4 the sky channels :P
Old 15-03-2010, 12:20   #1631
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...mer/hd-tv.html
This is what virgin need to do more of!!
Old 15-03-2010, 12:25   #1632
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
thanks sir MB any news on the red buttion 4 the sky channels :P
No.
Old 15-03-2010, 12:26   #1633
matt_home1
Inactive

Services: XL TV L Broadband Phone
matt_home1 is on a distinguished roadmatt_home1 is on a distinguished road

probably the 1st time Virgin have possitivly advertise against SKY with reguard to tv, and it looks a good comparison
Old 15-03-2010, 12:35   #1634
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Five fails to secure Freeview HD capacity.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Five HD on any platform. From OFCOM:

Ofcom has today published its final decision on the reservation of capacity on Multiplex B for an additional High Definition (HD) service on Digital Terrestrial TV (Freeview)

http://vmhd.blogspot.com/2010/03/fiv...eeview-hd.html
Old 15-03-2010, 12:44   #1635
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_home1 View Post
probably the 1st time Virgin have possitivly advertise against SKY with reguard to tv, and it looks a good comparison
Fixed !!!
Closed Thread